Coffee Shop Part 10

Hi everyone! Ready for the weekend?

Finally got something posted on the new yard I have built. It has been checked out with several small op sessions and works very well. The big thing was to eliminate the bottleneck that happened before by not having an adequate yard lead and very little maneuverability in the yard itself. Check out and see what you think. I know, its a bit different, but it works good:D .

Jim, they tried poison over in Mississippi, but the Redtailed Hawks would eat the coyote and rabbit carcasses and die from it. They almost killed all the hawks off before stopping it.

EDIT: Thank you Steve, you sneaked a post ahead of me. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray, sounds like a good time was had by all. Do you have Budd stainless steel or smoothsides there? Those old Baldwins normally do sound like a bunch of tin cans full of rocks when they're running. Looks like someone managed to to a pretty good sideswipe on the cab of the old girl.

Not being up on anything past 1925. :rolleyes: ;) ;) I have no idea except they were put into service the same day Pearl Harbor was bombed.... NYC didn't get the news coverage of the new cars on the Empire Express they had hoped for, so they just rolled into history....... This is the train we have, I believe intact (all cars):

http://www.americanmodels.com/_photos/kvese5.jpg

They are used on excursions.

Most of the equipment we have is pretty beat up. Safe mechanical condition takes precedence over cosmetic issues.... I will probably start helping out with some repainting around the property and helping to replace the windows on the Budd Cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeffrey, how did the doctor visit go? It's going to be hot one here today too although we are getting some high clouds so I hope that's a good sign for rain. Happy birthday to your friend also.
The visit with the doc went well. He's happy with the progress I'm making on my healing. It can't happen fast enough for me. I had a good time visiting with my friend today. We watched a couple of old movies that Kurt Russell fans should remember. One was 'Now you see him, now you don't'(1972) and the other was 'The computer wore tennis shoes'(1969).

Good evening!

Weather:
Current conditions:
Mostly Cloudy
90°F(32.2°C)
Dewpoint:72°F (22.2°C)
Heat Index:98°F (36.7°C)
Humidity:55%
Wind:From W @ 9 mph
It seem to have cooled off a tad, No Rain:( may be tomarrow:confused:

Local News:

Marijuana laws target landlords
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Personal Notes:

Hot one today, no breeze on the ball fields and no shade! We picked the worst day to start edging the fields! We got minor and Major fields edged and ready for berm blowing starting next week.......Still have T-ball and senior fields to edge next......Fall ball is around the corner we got to move! Got two yards to mow tomarrow plus mine, should get done soon enough to goto the beach afterward:D Watch it rain:mad: !

Jim, the coyotes are every where i guess by now, they ain't just a western pest any more:confused: :rolleyes: ! see all animals thrive better around man than in the wild!;) Now if we can get the Gators trained to eat the pest animals then knock of the Gators when they get their jobs done we just might get ahead!LOL's:D

Steve, Here's the pic of the Working Tank Display in our park. Kid's love to climb all over it, might be the safest play equipment in the park!:) wish we could open the hatches and let them play inside, they would have a blast:)

They always say Crap rolls down hill!:mad: Well not in my park! It starts at the bottom and is pumped to the top of the heap!:D :D :D :D :D LOL's
Sorry I couldn't resist!:D

06-21-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

Menu3.png
waitress3.png

Good Morning From Florida!

WEATHER:

8 AM 79 °F Partly Cloudy A much quieter start.
2 PM 90 °F Partly Cloudy Very isolated storms, mainly inland.
10 PM 79 °F Partly Cloudy Mostly clear.
Rain Chances=70%

LOCAL NEWS:

Stay out of the water
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NEWS:

Well we have a very small rain cell rolling onto shore, it should roll to the north. got 2+mine lawns to mow this morning, then if the weather behaves we'll go to the river! have a great day guys:)

Morning Bill & Chris ! It's summer and it's starting to warm up a bit but those pesky lake showers are around . Lots to do today . they even have a restored B-17 at the Buffalo Airport today and my daughter and myself where thinking of sneaking over and get a look at it . Depends on how late were running . Gotta go get me medicines so hope you all have a ncis day !!!

Afternoon!

Got my lawns done but got caught in the rain on the last yard:( I'm always complaning on the lack of rain.......well I got it! 1/4 of the way through the last yard it started to pour buckets! I kept the pedal down and throttle up and finished! what should have taken me 45 mins took 1 1/2 hours!:eek: soaking wet I completed the job! I earned my cash today! the rain amount is so far is 1/4" and it's still raining!:) These summer rains just pop up and your stuck with um! O'well................:)

Just installed a new Hard Drive and Power Supply today, I now have approx 1.3TB in my whole computer system, of USABLE space.

The computer that has the new HDD has 880GB of usable space now.

Josh: Wow! That is a bunch. What do you use all that space for? music? My old baby only has an 80 gig and I still have around 53 left after 5 years :D .

Chris Sorry, can't see the picture ??? thumbs OK at the bottom,

Josh 1.3,, as in Terra Bites,,, LOL what you planning

We Gotta Vacate this joint
Who's turn to open a new coffee Shop is it this time ;) Go for it

Afternoon everyone.

Rex, they developed some kind of poison in California that would only kill coyotes. Apparently only affects how their gut works or something. Before that, we were having the same problem, with other prey animals getting killed off along with the coyotes. Some counties now even have official coyote hunters, who are paid by the carcass. San Mateo was one and I think one hunter got around 200 coyotes in one month - and there's still tons more up in those hills. :eek:

Ray, that is the original Budd stainless steel fluted side set that was the basis for all the other Budd cars. I didn't even know any had been preserved. That's great someone had the forethought to get them before the scrapers did.

Jeffrey, glad to hear the doc is happy with the wound healing. Sounds like a very relaxing day with your friend. I guess it's a sign of both our ages that I remember seeing those movies when they first came out.

Chris, where's your tank picture? I can't see it. Glad you got some rain, even if you did get soaked on the mower. Must have felt good though compared to the tropical sun. Our chances of rain are looking pretty hopeless but it looks like there's still a lot of convection over and just offshore from Florida. BTW, it seems like someone didn't plan that septic system too well if they need a lift station. First one I've ever seen for a septic system.

Josh, you're just trying to make me feel less manly with my lousy 100 GB drive. :D How long does it take to compact an 880 GB drive?

Steve, it is looking a bit tattered in here but I'm to lazy to start renovations on the new joint. I just want to sit and rest today.

No model railroading today. I spent part of last night and most of today herding cats. There's been a stray cat that I've been feeding for a few weeks. She had obviously been pregnant and nursing by the size of her teats. She looked half starved and really pitiful so I just couldn't let her waste away to nothing. Someone must have tossed her out because she was pregnant. She isn't wild at all so she's used to humans. I don't know how some people can be so cruel.

I had looked around for her kittens and couldn't find them. Number two daughter calls us while we're out saying she saw the kittens jumping around on a woodpile all the way at the back of our property. We got home about 8:30 with Number one daughter and the wife and, of course, we had to go find those kittens. I had to tear apart the woodpile to find the nest. There are three kittens, probably about six weeks old, and they all had themselves jammed up between the logs and the fence. Mama is almost pure white and two of the kittens are spitting images of her. The third is a gray tabby that looks like it shouldn't even be from the same litter. I was able to finally pry out the two white ones after much howling, scratching, and biting but the gray one got away under the fence. Of course, all three women agreed the gray one was by far the cutest and I had to find it. So, the chase was one, through the woods, on a hot Alabama summer night, getting torn up by briar's. I actually got bit in the eye by a mosquito, not counting all the other places the mosquito's got me. Finally coaxed him out with some food about midnight and was able to grab him. Whew! Then we had to set a pet taxi and litter box for them while Mama cat supervised. This morning I had to build a shelf in the pet taxi for their lotter box since they stayed in the litter box last night and made a heck of a mess. Of course, I had to clean out the whole disgusting thing too. Number one gave them all baths and they are eating solid food so I guess Mama has weaned them. We have an ad in the throwaway paper for the two white kittens and Mama. All three women want to keep the gray one since he looks like the one we have now, except Simba weighs in at about 17 pounds and doesn't seem to like kittens. I can see a fight developing already. I guess I should have never fed Mama in the first place. :( Another day of layout work down the drain. The kittens are really cute though, and are already tame. :)

Afternoon everyone.

Chris, where's your tank picture? I can't see it. Glad you got some rain, even if you did get soaked on the mower. Must have felt good though compared to the tropical sun. Our chances of rain are looking pretty hopeless but it looks like there's still a lot of convection over and just offshore from Florida. BTW, it seems like someone didn't plan that septic system too well if they need a lift station. First one I've ever seen for a septic system.

LOL's Jim, You and Steve won't let me enjoy my Working septic TANK joke!:( Sad, I thought it was pretty clever for a person of my limited smarts to come up with that one!;) All septic TANKs in San Antonio, Fla are above ground due to a high water table the drain fields don't work if they are under water! so you must pump poop up hill:rolleyes: ! I hate mowing in a thunder storms!, I really would get POed if I get hit!:eek:also wet grass can kill spindals, blades, and belts.
The heat and humidity is safer:) :D but i was left no chose but to finish!

Evening all!

I spent most of the day out at Boy Scout Camp taking photos of people working..... Last winter one of our propeties committee mebers decided to do some promotion of the "Beaver Days" (our volunteer works days) at camp. He contacted myself and a couple others he knows do a lot of photos out there for some good high res stuff to use. In the thousands of photos that we have taken out at camp, we managed to find 4.... yep 4 photos of people actually working. So my job today was to document people working and having fun doing some work at camp. I have 150 or so photos to sort out and get to the committee soon.

Josh that and the music business and doing some videos for camp promotions is why my Mac can connect to about 1.8 TB of hard drives.... I say can because it depends on what I turn on. My main back up is a 1 TB Lacie external with firewire 2. That sounds like a fun system you are putting together.

Jim the Budd cars were given to the museum by Amtrack. Since they first saw service on the day Pearl Harbor was attacked, they have some special historic value.

Gee Chris back a couple of decades ago in Ohio they did something like that. At the rest stops on the highways, they just put the pit toilets at the top of the hill and then the water well with a hand pump at the bottom...........

Josh that and the music business and doing some videos for camp promotions is why my Mac can connect to about 1.8 TB of hard drives.... I say can because it depends on what I turn on. My main back up is a 1 TB Lacie external with firewire 2. That sounds like a fun system you are putting together.
I'm still in need of a 1TB network attached backup drive, to mirror all the music & movies, in case the HDD were to crash.

Boy, Ray and Josh, you guys are about 10 years ahead of me with computers. :)

Ray, those Budd cars have special significance because of the connection to Pearl Harbor day and being the first Budd stainless steel cars. I'm just glad to hear they are still on the tracks 77 years later. I wonder how many Superliners will still be running anywhere in 77 years?

Chris, you got me on the tank joke. Didn't even get the connection until you mentioned it. I wonder why, with the high water table, they didn't just install a vault and pump it out regularly? Seems like it would be less expensive than a leach field and a lift system.

I guess this is my last vist in the old digs so I'll wake up Flo and make sure she knows where to report for work in the morning. :D

Back