Coffee Shop Part 10

OldGettysk

Running the MC & Buffalo
Well I guess it's time to say hi to a new coffee shop Flo . Looks really nice . Hope lots of new customers will join in . Have a nice day all !!!:D

Good morning folks

It is 54 F on its way to 72 F; finally a spring-like day. I am home right now. I have to take my son to the doctors for his annual physical.

No modeling last night we had Cub Scout den meetings. I am hoping for tonight.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning everyone. Nice new place you have here. :)

37F and raining this morning and it looks like it could continue all day. :(

They have all of the old asphalt and bricks torn up from our road. Nothing but a 2 foot deep trench right now.

With so much going on lately, my modeling has been pretty non-existent. I get about 10-15 minutes per day which isn't bad actually. I am currently doing some of the assembly of my enginehouse so lots of glue drying time is good anyways. I may try to get started on some of the ground painting and roadbed here soon too for the same reason.

Hope everyone has great day.

Morning all!

Got an early start this morning. Woke up at 5am and couldn't go back to sleep. Figured I might as well make myself useful, so I cleaned house and did the dishes. My wife should be happy with that! It's going to be a long day though now. I have class tonight after work, so I won't get home until about 10:30pm. It's alright though, because I can head straight to bed when I get there.

For those of you that are unaware, when my son had his recent surgery we had a little wool pulled over our eyes. Let me explain.....you see, a forum member from another forum I frequent Emailed me and asked if he could have my address so he could send a get well card. I gave him my work address and a few days after we got home from the hospital (Can't wait to NOT go back there!) I got a box in the mail. I took it home to my son and he was overjoyed at the fact that he now had his own train (even though I'd already given him his pick of any of mine years ago). Inside the box was a beautiful 4-8-4 Northern locomotive and a few cars. A day or two later, another box arrived! Seems my address has been making the rounds! A bunch of cars were inside, just waiting to go for a spin around the layout. And yesterday, another box! More cars (a ton of them!), all carefully wrapped up and just awaiting my sons glistening eyes! I don't know what to say........he's thrilled and I'm humbled by their generosity. Thanks you guys.....you know who you are. And so, without further delay, I present, The Surgery Train! (And yes, we know it has three cabooses and we like it that way!)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/N Scale Trains/TheSurgeryTrain.jpg

Thanks guys! You're the best!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is truly amazing Philip. I can only imagone that the look on your son's face was absolute joy. Great to know how well things are going for him.

Good morning.

It's cloudy and 75 degrees here this morning, wind is S at 12 mph with 33 mph gusts, expecting a high of 81 and there's a good chance of thunderstorms today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/10/2008

Heat Index: 79°F
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 67°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 75°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 31mph S

SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS POSSIBLE TODAY...

A VIGOROUS LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM OVER THE SOUTHERN PLAINS WILL ADVANCE SLOWLY NORTHEAST TODAY. THIS WILL MAINTAIN A STEADY STREAM OF WARM AND MOIST GULF AIR INTO THE REGION YIELDING A VERY UNSTABLE ATMOSPHERE. THIS COMBINED WITH FAVORABLE UPPER AIR SUPPORT AND WIND PROFILES...WILL BRING THE POTENTIAL FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS PRODUCING LARGE HAIL...DAMAGING WINDS AND ISOLATED TORNADOES. A LAKE WIND ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT.

Today High: 82 Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Cool Phillip. That's my kind of story. HO Probobly so the old man can't play with them.

Paul, jumped the gun a little huh? I count 21 posts left on the old java joint.

Afternoon all,
Philip Thats amazing, just amazing, i can't imagine a nicer surprise for him.

FLO,,, I'll have a nice hot Java please, i'm soaked to the bone

Mornin' everyone!

Philip that is so cool. Bet your son is a happy camper. As a group, model railroaders are a wonderful bunch of people!

I get to go over to the ENT Dr. in a couple of hours to get my right ear rotorooted. I get a wax buildup every so often caused by having some psoriasis in that ear canal followed by a fungus infection not helped by the psoriasis medication... Vicious cycle.

BTW, nice new place you got here Flo! Decorate it yourself? I don't think Paul meant to say you were old..... He was referring to the coffee shop. He is very aware that you are 39 again, I mean, well. You know. Just a big cup of coffee for me this morning, OK? (Wow, hope her mood gets better....)

I just won a new tooth on ebay for $37, it's for my eldest boy,,,, it's a Megladon tooth 3" long by 2" wide from off shore South Carolina and around 14 million years old, they got to the 6" to 7" mark at most so this is from a fish around 20ft+ long, he'll be well pleased by it
8b2e_1.jpg
8c41_1.jpg

And this is a replica of an actual tooth, a Megladon with over a hundred teeth this big could bite a whale in half, i am thinking of buying it for him,
113476649_o.jpg

Very impressive tooth Steve. I have never even considered that items such as that would be on Ebay but, I guess that goes to prove that anything can be found there.

Yes, it's amazing what you can get, if you want it, then someone somewhere will be selling it,

no BBQ building today, were rained off

I'll have the bacon and eggs this morning.

Good morning.

It's 73 and wet here with a slow rain falling. We're expecting a high of 79 today with a fair chance of thunderstorms later.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 714466114 4/11/2008

Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 68°F

So Far Today
High: 74°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 21mph NNE

Now through 07:00 AM CDT April 11, 2008

Through 7 AM
...a line of mainly light showers associated with a passing cold front will continue to push east across portions of inland southeast Texas and west-central Louisiana. Hourly rainfall amounts will be a tenth of an inch or less in most locations.

Today High: 80
Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs around 80. Southwest winds around 10 mph shifting to the northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Tonight Low: 52 Partly cloudy. Cooler. Lows in the lower 50s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

So check out this beautiful morning!

Sure, it's raining and all, but God has allowed for us to all still be here. The rain is watering the earth to bring forth all of the plants, the air is fresh, and the sun will return.

If you can't tell, I'm in a good mood! I had class last night, and that went well, then I got a good nights sleep. And tonight is my son's awards banquet for his basketball team. Yeah, the season ended a while ago, but then the spring breaks started happening, so schedules got wierd. So the thing is tonight, and I'm expecting that my boy will at least get an award for the pizza drive they had, and who knows, maybe something else? I know I'll be bringing my camera!

So what's going on in your neck of the woods?

Good morning all.

Still raining here this morning. I had to spend about 30 minutes getting the water off the basement floor last night, happens everytime that it rains for three days straight. We keep it under control though for the most part.

Good morning folks

It was a nice 55 F as I headed out this morning. Our high today is supposed to be 70 F. Of course since the weekend is coming so is the rain.

Last evening was a great spring evening. I mowed the grass with the old lawnmower and managed to run the tank dry. I literally made the last cut when the motor sputtered out. This saves me from draining the gasoline when we get rid of it. The new lawnmower is still sitting in the box in the garage waiting for a nice weekend for me to open it and assemble it. We also removed the old arbor and placed the new one. The old one was wood and despite painting it had rotted in many places. My wife painted the new metal white and after I secured it in place she placed the climbing rose bush and clematis over it. My son had baseball practice and my daughter had softball travel league practice. Her practice turned into a practice game against the under 14 team. My daughter plays on the under 12 team. My daughter actually hit the ball against a 14 year old pitcher unfortunately it was a hard ground ball right back at the pitcher who threw her out.

I am not sure if I touched on this before but both of my kids got some life lessons this week involving who is really your friend. My daughter was first. Last weekend she went on a sleepover with her Girl Scout troop to a museum. Accompanying her were twin sisters she has known and been friends with since kindergarten and their younger twin sisters (yes two sets of twins 3 years apart in the same family). For the last few years my wife and I have had some issues with these girls’ parents and having been trying to steer my daughter away from them. My wife accompanied my daughter on the sleepover; no parent accompanied the other girls. My daughter borrowed my air mattress. She inflated the mattress and was arranging when these girls spotted it. Before my daughter had gotten it in place, two of them, an older one and younger one began jumping up and down on the mattress. Of course the mattress began to deflate. My daughter quickly discovered that part of the seam had been blown out. Now my daughter knew that she was responsible for the mattress and now had to replace it which upset her. What also upset her is that neither girl who was responsible for the damage apologized nor there has been no offer by the girls or parents to replace the mattress. Needless to say my daughter has not had much to do with them other than being polite.

My son’s lesson came last night. He has a Nintendo DS game. A few weeks back one of the games that were in the game system turned up missing. Thinking that it got knocked out or some how fell out, we torn the room apart that the game had been stored in. We did not find it. He then decided to check in other places that he keeps his games stored. At that point he found two other games missing. Considering he has been very careful with the games and has not lost any in the almost two years he has had the game system we were perplexed. It was odd that in a three week period suddenly three games were lost. Last night he had one of his friends over. Since it was a nice day we called everyone outside and asked them to help pick up some leaves and sticks in the yard. My son’s friend helped for a couple of minutes and then disappeared. We later found out he went home. This boy is the typical video game couch potato. He plays no sports and quit Cub Scouts because it interfered with his video game time. He has also had to attend summer school two years out of four. Also he only seems to show up when my son has a new video or computer game. My wife calls him a fair weather friend. My son went to baseball practice. When we got home since he had done all his homework and had behaved and tried his hardest at practice he was allowed to play his DS. The next thing we knew he was crying. The game that had been in the game system was now missing. It was then that we all realized that shortly before all the other games went missing his friend had been visiting. It did not take him long to put two and two together. Sad when a 9 year old has to steal from another 9 year old.

Sorry to get so long winded but I had to get that off my chest. As you can tell there was no modeling last night.

This weekend we have softball and baseball games. My wife and I are attending Cub Scout Baloo Training on Saturday. Baloo is Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation. We need this so we can take our pack camping. We are hoping that the rain doesn’t come or is done by the time we start.

If I get to the trains I am hoping to figure out what I am working on next. I also could enter the passenger equipment and locos into the computer inventory.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Mornin'...........

A very dreary wet day outside. Haven't even looked down cellar to see how deep it is there.

Tom hopefully those "lessons" your children have recently had will not leave them bitter but just aware that there are some people who have little respect for others and are best avoided in life. I know some people who never learned those lessons that have been taken advantage of again and again. A couple even go out of their way to make excuses for the people who have "stolen" from them. Personally, I would rather be taken advantage of than be distrusting of everybody. Don't plan on it happening twice though! BTW, hope you have fun at BALOO! Most Cub Leaders do..... The pack I am commissioner for is undergoing a major leadership change and BALOO is one of several trainings the new Cubmaster is going to be getting.

Stay dry and have a great day!

Tom, let your son's 'friend' know that you know the games were taken and that if they are returned no questions will be asked. Otherwise, get the parents and police involved.

Tom sorry to hear about that, it's the same here, some of the boys friends are not very nice at all, they do stuff like that, the parents think the sun shines out of their backsides and they are the most honest kids in schools,,, yeah right.

Well a spot of sunshine came out today so i mixed the cement,,, bad move, it then proceeded to pour down.

Back