Coffee Shop Part 10

Good morning.

Can you believe it? It's 42 degrees. Cooler temperatures have returned as old man winter tries to get in his last gasp. Funny thing about it is that about the middle of the summer we'll be wishing for some of this.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/14/2008

Wind Chill: 38°F
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 33°F

So Far Today
High: 49°F
Low: 40°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph NNE

Special weather statement

...REMARKABLY COOLER TEMPERATURES EXPECTED TONIGHT...

VERY DRY AIR WILL COMBINE WITH BUILDING HIGH PRESSURE FROM THE WEST TO PRODUCE PATCHY LATE NIGHT FROST AND RECORD COLD TEMPERATURES OVER MOST OF THE AREA TONIGHT. WHILE TEMPERATURES ARE NOT EXPECTED TO APPROACH FREEZING LEVELS, TENDER VEGETATION COULD BE AFFECTED BY FROST WHICH COULD SPREAD OVER INTERIOR PORTIONS OF SOUTHEAST TEXAS AS WELL AS CENTRAL AND SOUTH LOUISIANA DOWN TO THE
I-10 CORRIDOR AFTER MIDNIGHT TUESDAY MORNING.

Today High: 68 Sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. North winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 35 Mostly clear. Patchy frost after midnight. Lows in the mid 30s. Light and variable winds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning folks

What happen to Spring? It was a cold 41F as I headed out. High today will be 54 F.

We had a busy weekend. On Saturday my wife and I attended Cub Scout BALOO (Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation). The training was a lot of fun and very informative. The kids had baseball and softball games on both Saturday and Sunday. We also spent time working on some props for our upcoming Arrow of Light Ceremony.

I did finish adding the passenger equipment to the computer inventory. Nothing else got done.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning everyone, happy Monday.

Worked on the enginehouse for a brief moment here and there over the weekend, lots of other stuff going on. I wish that I was documenting actual time (hours) spent working on it compared to total amount of time (weeks) for completion. Might prove interesting so I will probably do that next time.

My wife and I had to make a very hard decision last week to have our husky put down. She has been with us since we got married 10.5 years ago and has been having ahard life the last few months. She looked to be in a lot of pain and wanted to do nothing but sleep. She will be missed greatly.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Mornin' everyone!

A cool but sunny day here in the Finger Lakes. Currently 43°F with a high of only 45°F being predicted. The city is out on my street picking up the debris from the winter this morning.

Philip hope all goes well at the Dr. appointments today.

Tom glad you had fun at BALOO. I know you will put the training to good use for the boys (and Adults) in your pack.

Carl my heart goes out to you and your wife on the loss of your pet. My son and his partner had to make that decision a month ago for their old Australian Shepherd who could no longer enjoy life (couldn't stand up one morning). Darned pets do get to be part of the family don't they! Its like losing a best friend.

Carl sorry about that Carl, it's not a nice thing to do, i felt rotten about it for weeks after, but it's the right thing to do in the circumstances

I have an old mirror in the garden and for the last two hours a finch has been doing a mating dance to it's own reflection, i'd move it but he seams so happy in his own feathery way, bless him.

Evening, everyone. Been in and out all day today doing the usual errands that you can't get done at once.

Steve, that barbecue looks more like a blast furnace than somehting to cook on. Bet you'll have lot of happy neighbors this summer. :) Too bad about the Rivedance but I was afraid that was the fate that would befall her. She put up a brave fight. Nice train pics too and hope the wife's knee is OK.

Phillip, I hope everything went well at the doc's office and that your wife will soon be up and around.

Carl, sorry about your dog. I know they become like members of the family, which is why I like fish. My wife has a cat from before I met her and I know it will break her heart when his day comes. :(

Seems like the cold air has settled in over most of the East again, thanks to our friends in Canada. The high here was only 54, which is 23 degrees before average. There's stilla freeze warning up for tonight but I'm hoping the cloud cover that's more that was predicted and wind will keep the temperatures in the upper 30's here. My banana tree is just starting to look good and I'm not going to be happy if I find it flopped over in the morning. :(

Thought I'd give you all the latest......my wife can "carefully" start to walk again, and my son is healing way ahead of schedule. The doc said that instead of 4 more weeks in casts he's thinking about taking them off for good next week! They're going to have his leg braces made this week (they're a custom fit) and have them ready for the casts to come off a week from today. Pretty awesome, huh?

Thank you for the kind words everyone. Our husky, Nikita, was definitely part of the family and will be missed a lot.

Great news about your wife and son Philip. Getting casts off so soon? Wow. :)

Carl, it is hard for anyone who hasn't had to go through that with a pet to understand the hurt, but it is real and it doesn't go away easily. We had to do the same with our Golden Retriever last year and our little poodle early this year. We are just now starting to feel that we are ready for a couple of puppies to join our family (of course they would be spoiled rotten:D ).

04-15-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Menu3.png
waitress3.png

morning / afternoon

The little finch is still parading in front of the mirror, she's been joined by a sex starved Dove who is running at the mirror and pecking the opponent over and over again, what entertainment for the kids, they love it, just doing a video of it.

Good morning everyone.

Beautiful sunny morning witj temps in the low 40s and no breeze. Rumor has it that we may see high 60s and maybe 70 degrees today. Woohoo!!!!!!

Steve- sounds like you and the kids are having a hoot with the mirror. The simple things in life are the best.

Good morning folks

It was 43 F on the way in this morning. High is supposed to be 59 F. This week is supposed to be sunny and the highs in the seventies.

I went to the Foot and Ankle Doctor yesterday. In addition to the bone spur I have a tear of shift in the cartilage that is torn or shifted slightly. He changed the dosage and timing for the pain medication, and the stretching exercises. I will follow this regiment for 4 weeks. If things don’t get better I’ll be looking at a cortisone shot. If that doesn’t work, I may be looking at surgery at the end of the summer or fall.

For Cub Scouts we have a camping trip coming up in June. In preparing for it we decided to check out the pack first aid kit. After examining the contents I can say we have a case. All of the supplies were out of date. Many expired in 1985. The newest item expired in 1992!

No modeling last night. We spent some time doing vacation planning. Actually we priced out our proposed trip to Maine and then saw if we could do something else for the same price. It was an exercise in seeing if we are getting our money’s worth.

Philip that is great news about your son and wife!

Carl, sorry to hear about your dog. It is amazing how our pets can become such a huge member of our families.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Internet service here was oput for two and a half hours this morning so I'm a bit late.

Good morning.

It's 42 degrees outside this morning. Glad I'm not out there. The sky is clear and according to all reports will remain so for the rest of the day. Expecting a high of 73.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/15/2008

Wind Chill: 39°F
Humidity: 73%
Dew Point: 33°F

So Far Today
High: 45°F
Low: 41°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph E

Today High: 72 Sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 45 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s. Light and variable winds.

Mornin' Coffee Shoppers!

Jeffrey funny you should say that as I just got the internet up and running here after about an hour of trying to figure out what was wrong with the cable modem. When I booted the computer this morning, it acted funny on startup. It does this when it can't find all of the connection to the cable modem. Looked at the modem, it was off. So I reached over and pushed the reset button which usually brings it right back up. No dice. (My 21 year old kitty likes to walk on top of the unit and shut it off on me.) So I did a hard reset of the unit. Nope. Unplugged both the modem and the router, waited a couple of minutes and plugged them back in. No go. Rebooted the computer which at least started up fine. after going through this routine several times, I pulled the modem out to where I could see it and wiggled the reset button on top. Sure enough it was stuck down. Then I reset it and everything is working........ Ah, technology! Wonderful stuff (when it works....)

I am waiting for a tree person to arrive and start taking down the trees across the street. I'm hoping that they will keep me warm next winter. I see the elderly gentileman that owns the house is outside picking up leaves at the moment. I give him a lot of credit. Two years ago he fell and broke his hip. He is just now able to get around well enough to do his own yard work (and clean his own driveway of snow I might add). For someone in his mid 80s,he has a lot of guts!

Afternoon, everyone.

Steve, I've had a hummingbird do that last year with one of our back windows, which is tinted, so he saw his reflection. He battled that intruder for about three days before he gave up and went to a new territory. Now I've got a mockingbird who has discovered my wind vane and anemometer. He likes to hop up on the wind vane and use it for a perch to check for bad guys. Now he's decided that the anemometer is a fun ride. When the wind is blowing good, he'll get on one of the arms, crouch down, and ride it like a merry-go-round. It's hilarious to watch and he looks like he's having a good time. Unfortunately, he's not a small bird and he's going to wreck the bearings in the anemometer if he keeps it up. I'm going to have to use a squirt bottle and discourage him from that practice.

Great news on the medical front, Phillip. I hope things keep progressing well for both your wife and your son.

Carl, glad to see that spring is finally making it to the plains.

Tom, I sure hope that they can solve your foot problems without surgery. If you're looking for some good prices to restock your first aid kit, check out www.cheaperthandirt.com. They have a wide variety of military surplus and new medical supplies.

Ray and Jeffrey, our internet was out this morning also. In this case, it's just Charter, the world's worst when it comes to reliability. In the two years we've lived here, I don't think we've managed to make through a week without a multi-hour outage. I wish it was as easy as finding the right button but they have now replaced all the wires from the street to the house and most of the cable in the house. They keep claiming it's some other problem when everyone in our neighborhood is out. The worst is when I have to talk to one of those "techs" from India. I know select the Spanish option when I call in and then at least get a native English speaker. :) Ray, I hope I'm still able to rerail a boxcar when I'm 80 let alone shovel a drive.

It only got down to 34 last night so the banana tree looks happy. It's 65 degrees right now, which is 11 degrees higher than yesterday at the same time. It's clear as a bell but I don't think we have much chance of frost tonight. We should start getting some return flow from the Gulf by tomorrow and start to warm back up to normal by Friday.

Jim I can picture that :) ours have done for now i think, the dove is still giving it's body double the evil eye though, LOL

Well it seems the tree guy never showed up today (probably behind a day or two due to the recent wet and windy weather) so I worked on the layout instead. Started a scratch build of an old time milk house (aka: spring house) for the dairy farm. This one will be much like the one that was still standing (but hadn't been used for years) on the farm when I was a boy. The water for cooling the milk was pumped in from a Aeromotor water pump (Built that yesterday from a Walthers Kit). Since I was born in 1946, the old milk house was just used for storage although an old hand pump at the well it was built over still worked and was used in an emergency. We used to drink out of it at times as well. I shudder to think what was in that water by todays standards..... When I was a teenager, my father took down what was left of the building and filled in the well with gravel and planted lawn over it. The aeromoter pump fell down when I was 3 or 4 I think. They stopped using it as soon as electricity was brought into the farm in the 1930s and a new larger milkhouse was built attached to the barn.

By tomorrow, if the guy doesn't come to cut down the neighbor's trees, I should have it finished.

Back