Coffee shop one-three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning folks

It was 48 F as I hit the road. High will be 63 F will possible rain later.

I thought I would be smart this morning and vote on the way to work. It didn’t happen. There were about 40 people in line at 7 AM at our polling place. It was the biggest crowd I have ever seen that early. I may have to leave work early this afternoon to see if I can sneak in between rushes. My wife is supposed to vote and take her father sometime during the day.

We finished putting the Halloween decorations away last night. Then we had an impromptu family movie since we found out that the kids had off from school today. We watched Journey to the Center of the Earth. As a result no trains last night.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good Morning World!
Big day for the USA. Time for me to head out and vote. Just think, if you don't vote and no one else votes, then I will decide the next President of the United States. Scary thought, huh! WELL, get a move on.;):)

Rex- I guess your candidate will get 2 votes when I get done voting, or maybe we will cancel each other out!:cool:

I stopped by my polling place at 6:30 AM and there were about 300 people waiting for the polls to open. This from a spot that only had 900 voters in the local election in October.
I'll try again in about an hour.

If you don't vote, you can't witch about the person who got elected!
Mikey

Mornin' and a good Election Day to all of us in the US of A!

I already got over to the school where I vote and pulled all the levers I wanted. I only had about a 10 minute wait to get into the machine to vote. Already been a lot at that location this morning and the pace will pick up when people get out of work this afternoon. When I was there the line was holding steady and they were just keeping up with the crowd.

It is currently a very pleasent 61°F here in the Finger Lakes with a predicted high of 63. Partly cloudy, but all I have seen is sunshine so far.

I have a trip to the dentist later this afternoon to get 2 crowns on teeth. The ones on either side of the bicuspid I had extracted a month ago. He will finally end up putting a metal spacer between the two teeth when the permanent crowns are put in place in another month.

Hope all of you have a great day!

Ray Hope your dentist is better than mine

Yes, her Ass is mine, financially speaking, it now look's like the stitches were to tight as they have cut a deep groove into my tongue, yeaowwww

Chris It's the big pipe from the top of the heart which goes upwards, it would be a bad day for that to pop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found out this morning that a bomb went off inside the Leesville Wal-Mart this past weekend. What really disturbs me about it is that nothing at all was done to get people out of the store. Everything continued as if it was business as usual. The first order of business should have been to clear then store. Why? Common sense says that where there's one bomb there may well be another. I think Wal-Mart hasn't heard the end of this.

Have a go at this, i'll post the correct answers later
IrishCol.jpg

Did my duty and got my vote in. The polling place was about three times busier than the last Presidential election. Still not bad at all and most seemed to have their minds made up. Besides, I go when all the old-er folks go. :D

Steve: Has the injury affected your speech or can you tell yet? Man, there is no excuse for such a terrible mishap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back from doing my civic duty also. It was busier then past elections. Seems that people have a sense on urgency to them. Steve sorry to hear about your troubles . Here's wishing you all the best !!!

no, made me salivate a lot though !!!

almost right Jeffrey

irishexamresults.jpg

although the rectangle is more square ???

Wewl I'b homb fwum da Deantished offise......... Novacane hasn't work off yet. As usual with my dentist everything went well.

Steve I told him about your dental visits of late. He agrees that she should find a different career. Both he and his assistant have had similar problems with Drs. offices forgetting about them. The assistant took a day off from work to take her mother in for tests at a hospital and had the same thing happen just a couple weeks ago. My dentist said that older people often don't speak up when they should and demand better service. My Mom was like that and got very upset a couple of times when I made some waves on her behalf.

I need to go get some Corned Beef and Cabbage cooking. (Nice and soft for the new crowns.........

Evening everyone!:D

I hope everyones day went well! Well I just got in from Voting too, hope everyone voted as I did! Jacob and Jerry for Top dogs in white house! J/K or am I;) I know Jacob won't crap on the carpets but jerry:confused::eek: He does that kinda thing when you P him off!:rolleyes: Well, as long as you vote comrade's I'm sure we shall see if there will be a pot left to p in!:p:D

Steve I failed the test:( I guess I'm not smarter than an Irish Person:( I hope That doesn't affect our friendship pal:D I'll pray that your pipe thing doesn't pop!

Jeff I use to work in a WalMart 16 years ago! Man You can go on a killing spree, They won't close that store Just mop up the blood and carry on:rolleyes: I watched employees have heart attacks, and dang near get yelled at for laying down on the job! O well:rolleyes: That's Wally World Fer YA:D

Mikey I'm going to need a beer after this election is over!:D

Chris- a beer sounds like the beverage of choice!
As soon as I get home!!!!!!
I should have stopped at the polls this morning.
I went back at mid-morning and stood in line for 2-1/2 hours. It took 10 minutes to be verified and mark my ballot, then feed it into the machine.
There had to be over 500 people in the line at a time, when I got there and when I left.
My ballot was about 2040 total for the three machines in our city hall. I'll guess that about 8000 people will vote in an area with 10,000 registered voters.
Now for the local and national talking heads to interpet our votes and tell us we did it all wrong.
We did do it wrong, look at our choices!:eek:

Tomorrow, we can vote here for diesel or steam!:cool:
Y'all have a good one, and Chris, you are limited to one beer on me.
Mikey

Chris- a beer sounds like the beverage of choice!

Now for the local and national talking heads to interpet our votes and tell us we did it all wrong.
We did do it wrong, look at our choices!:eek:

Tomorrow, we can vote here for diesel or steam!:cool:
Y'all have a good one, and Chris, you are limited to one beer on me.
Mikey

That's the whole problem! When did we lose control of this country to the Media and the elected ones? Don't they work for us? When did we lose the power to just fire these people? It's not We the People any more:confused: But Us the Media and loose nut case's!

O.K. Comrade Mikey One beer a piece! and may be a shot for tomarrow;):rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back