Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good news Jeffrey!
You don't know how good. It was at the point when I'd turn the key to the start position, the engine would start but when I let go of the key the key would go back to run like it was supposed to but the switch inside the column would stay stuck in start for a few seconds. I was faced with replacing the ignition switch or putting in a starter button. Far easier to put in the button.

Train Show & swapmeet

Had a Great day at the Trainshow in Palmetto. Took $100.00 & spent $70.00 at the trainshow, $20.00 on food w/a tip & had $10.00 left over.
Got a new Ath. Genesis SD70MAC for $40.00 already put together, SD40 Athern used for $10.00, 2 flats w/trailers for $10.00, 2 new 1/87th DHL tractor & trailers inside nice display cases for $6.00, 1 used drop center flat for $4.00. The place was packed. 2 of the guys that went didn't buy anything & one bought 6 Chessie Freight cars. Then we went to Harbor Freight in Sarasota & I spent $3.30 on 2 elect. tools & no one else bought anything. Then we went to Gulf Coast Hobbies on the same road & only one of the guys bought about 6 freight cars in FEC & the rest of us didn't buy anything. Then I had to take 2 guys home & one rode back to my house to pickup his pickup.
Left at 8:15 this morning & got back at 4:30 pm.
2 more weeks before the Plant City show. Then that's the last of them until Nov.:D

Went to my parents place for dinner. My father and I finished off the General Sherman's Breakfast and some pizza. Also had fresh green onions and hot homemade cornbread. No work on the layout today.

Time for me to call it a night. I didn't get any sleep last night so I'm dead tired. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN0592.jpg

Worked in the yard some today after spending a lil bit of time with my dad over at his house then I came home and fired the grill up for the first time this year. It's turned cold since all the storms came through last night. Speaking of, man we had one heck of a lightning show where I live. Most of my county was OK, but we did have some minor property damage. Most everyone in these parts are still gun shy of severe weather as the scars from April 27th and the few from last month is still vividly clear. I would have to say even for myself that the thought of going without power for two weeks again would just suck........So I'm glad everything worked out ok. It's sad though that many people across other states - and one here in Alabama lost their life due to the storms.

Moving on, I'm still tinkering with the idea of moving forward with a HO layout. This morning a library I purchased for my rr software was ready for download. So tonight I've been tinkering with a few layouts. The challenging part is, unlike Fastrack in which I'm very familiar with the parts and have somewhat an idea of what each peace is for does me no good here. Also, I don't have a utter clue about wiring for HO layouts. Seems now I have to worry about polarity or something like that when I start to add loops in for change of direction. Heck at this point, I probably should shut the computer off and purchase me a few books on basic HO layouts and wiring. Odd how taking out that one lil center rail just throws a hole new headache in the puzzle.

My brain is fried...Time for some evening TV with the feet kicked back up in the recliner.

Later guys,

Kenny

Got up at 4:30 am after a good nites sleep w/the rain pounding against the windows. Looked out the back window where I have a flood light & it was raining like heck w/the wind bending the tree's. It's 70 degree's & is supposed to be in the high 30's by tomorrow morning w/highs in the 60's.
Guess I'll be spending the day tomorrow in the workshop putting together 7 engines I got in a trade, plus all the ones I got at the trainshow yesterday.
Well, it might take 2 days.:)or 3 at the most.:D The wife might want a day for shopping in Ft.Myers & I'll have to pencil her in for Thursday, maybe.:rolleyes:

Good morning. It's 36° and sunny. High today is due to be 70°.

Nothing planned for today except try to rest and recover from the past couple of days. Haven't been able to get much sleep lately. Only got two or three hours last night.

DSCN0589.jpg

It is a lazy day for me today. No paperwork to keep up with. No buyers and sellers squabbling in my ear. I just want to enjoy the day.

Larry: It sounds like you have the weather we had here a few days ago. I thought the house was going to float away!

Jeff: Great scene. Ezra needs to clean his yard up. I love the look of the deadfall.

Good morning. Supposed to be sunny and 86 today. Most of my plans for yesterday were circumvented by the wife and son. A lot of outdoor yard stuff today.

Never got over 60* today & 30 to 40mph winds. So, decided to stay in the house. Moved the computer to the Diningroom area. Tried to straighten up the train workshop after taking everything out of the old TV cabinet & putting it in there Fri. & sat. have to work on that next week. Just to much of a mess to deal w/today. Gonna be cold tomorrow, in the mid 30's.
Have all of the engines to assemble that I got this week from the trades, plus all of the stuff I got yesterday from the trainshow. have to make sure all of the couplers line up & change where needed. Install head & tailite LED's where needed, change wheels where needed. Decal the Trailers on the flats.
Next week will probably get the rest of the Trade items from the 2nd Deal we made. Lots of things to stay busy on Cold days. LOL:D:)
Did a Wheels & Coupler order from ModelTrainStuff tonite. Hope they have all of it in stock tomorrow. Last time they didn't have half of the stuff I ordered. I won't let them BO on my orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time for me to call it a night. Temp tonight will be 44 so the heater will be on low. Maybe I can get some sleep tonight. Gotten about four hours total the last three nights. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010534.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back