Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you get a really big box, and ship yourself? It would probably be cheaper than driving there.
ha ha thats what i thought but those boxs like PACKRAT / MAYFLOWER /PODS / well they want 3500 bucks or ballpark area to store / move it from nh to fla :eek::eek: i could rent 2 trucks & have money left over for that lol

40* & no wind. Supposed to get around 70* by Noon & the 80* by 2pm.
Time change this coming weekend. Real sunny out right now. Was supposed to get some rain last nite, but didn't.
Gotta try to finish up the TT this week so I can clean the mainlines & run trains. There will be a group of guys over tomorrow afternoon to run some of their new trains that they got at Christmas, so, gotta make sure all the tracks are clean, even if I don't finish the TT as planned.:D:)

Good Morning

Cloudy becoming clear later this morning..high is 46F ..winds from the south at up to 40mph later on...

Have a doctors appointment this afternoon about the ICD I have for my heart...to keep my heart running at host's tempo plus a few other things need discussed...:eek::rolleyes:

Last night a bunch of us had an operating session at my place...had 6 people there..had 6 issues show up:mad:.....first off, one of my Atlas RS3's decided to cook a decoder:mad:, then another one derailed at Sim's Junction...dang turnout:mad:....then at the far side of the layout we had a long grain train get stuck going around a 26" radius turn...two grain hoppers decided to come off the rails:mad::mad:. then we had another one cook its decoder:mad:, then one of the operators had a spastic moment and ran his train right into another one head on:eek:..turnout was not aligned as originally thought:eek: ..it was one of those nights...:eek::mad::eek::eek::rolleyes:

Hope you guys have a good day:)

Good morning from SoCal. Cloudy and the upper 50s now. Upper 60s later. Rain was forecasted for this afternoon and tomorrow, but that seems to be gone. Not sure what the day will be like. I do know I have a business dinner tonight with our Las Vegas manager who is in town.

Good morning. It's 56° and partly cloudy. The high today will be 78°.

I need to do some cleanup on the layout today. Other than that I don't plan on doing much. At the moment I have a shortage of projects to work on. Maybe I need to break something so I'll have something to fix. One thing I need to do is wire in a safety switch on the vans starter button so it can't be accidentally triggered while the engine is running. It can also serve as a deterrent for unauthorized use. There are people around here that'll steal virtually anything that rolls. But that'll probably be a project for another day.

P1010540.jpg

Time change this coming weekend I hate these danged time changes. Get on one time and stay there year round. It does not save fuel/gas/electricity. All it does is foul up my whole dam system and I do not get straightened out until we change back. They used to say it helped the farmers. Bullhockey!!! The farmers I know start at daylight and go till dark or whenever they get tired.

Well I decided to go ahead and put the manual starter safety in the van. Why? Because if I have the engine off but the ignition on while working on it and accidentally press the button it will start even if it's in gear. If I have the safety switch turned off that won't happen. If I forget to turn the safety off and that happens it's due to my own stupidity. Turning the safety off after the engine starts will become second nature quickly enough. Besides, why put off till tomorrow what can be done today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time change this coming weekend I hate these danged time changes. Get on one time and stay there year round. It does not save fuel/gas/electricity. All it does is foul up my whole dam system and I do not get straightened out until we change back. They used to say it helped the farmers. Bullhockey!!! The farmers I know start at daylight and go till dark or whenever they get tired.

Last edited by a moderator:
good morning everybody 19* buttttt going up to 55* today :):) so im still in the get the heck outta dodge mode ;)

Good Morning

Sunny with increasing cloudiness later on in the late afternoon..high of 55F forecast here:)

Got some bloodwork to do this morning:eek: then it is off to the Home Desperate to get some more pink foam for the extension to the layout..another 6 feet of space fell my way...:D:D

Have a great day!!:D

Good morning from SoCal. Sunny and 67 today. Forecasted to be in the 80s tomorrow and Friday. Found an unassembled undecorated box car I didn't know I had. May be a project for the evenings.

Good morning. It's 63° and cloudy. The high will be 78° and it'll be mostly cloudy.

Feeling better this morning. I'll try to get the layout cleaned up today. Got busy with other things yesterday and pushed myself a bit too far. I have a bad habit of doing that.

P4060070.jpg

Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to the horspital I go for my prostate procedure. Gots to be there by 11, procedure at hi noon, 1 1/2 hrs later recovery room, wake up and go get some FOOD and then back home to sleep it off in the good ole recliner. That may be my bed for a couple of nights. Only time will tell. Have a gooderen folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back