Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now my concerns are the water heater should be replaced and I'm not sure how much longer before the house needs to be repiped in copper. House was built in 55. The water heater was put in around 74 (I think).
electric ?? i replaced a ton of heating elements over the years at my old place :cool:

Today it was
90* almost all day. 95* in the trainroom. Even w/5 fans going I had to close up & go into the A/C in the house around 3pm.
Wow! A heat wave! It was only 81 here today. Hot enough that I was sweating in the van in traffic. It has only vents that open to the outside. There's no a/c or blower, no forced air vents. If you're not moving there's no moving air. This is why during the summer I take the long way around to the other side of town through the Lee Hills housing area. There's little traffic and I can keep moving. If these early temps are any indication the summer is going to be murder.

Went to the parents place for dinner today. Started as stew, many things were added and ended up as General Sherman's Breakfast. Onions and homemade cornbread. Delicious!

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1012664.jpg

No complaints about the heat here -10*C

Willis

Willis, When I left Newfoundland in 1958 I swore I would never live in an iced in & snowed in climate again. It seems like it will never snow again in Florida like it did in 1977. It's to dang Hot.:)

Good morning. It's 72° and cloudy. The high will be 82° with a 20% chance of rain in the morning and 40% in the afternoon.

Looks like a slight chance of showers this morning followed by showers and thunderstorms this afternoon. Glad I'm not doing anything outside today. No plans for layout work.

P1012665.jpg

Good morning from SoCal. Looking like a warm and sunny weekend with a forecast high of 86 on Sunday. All I need to do is get through the remaining 10 hours of work and then let the weekend begin.

Nice and warm here in the Heartland but also the temps are making for some severe weather around but so far nothing serious. There are tornado warns out for part of the state.

we had 24 hours of hard snow yesterday and I went to get the tractor to plow. About halfway up the hill from the shed, it stopped completely and I realized I had a totally flat tire. The wheel was spinning in the tire!. I was in about 20 inches of snow on a slope sideways- really stuck.

My neighbor came over and we screwed with trying to get the tire back stuck on the rim. It was still in chains. I ran a big line down there from the air compressor in the shop so we at least had that but we couldn't get it to hold. Finally, he went and got a can of starter fluid and sprayed it inside the tire, lit a match and dropped it in. WHUMP! The tire totally went on the rim and we quickly got air in it and I plowed until 2:00 PM. I have never seen anything like that.

Right on the can it said "Do not use this to mount tires". It's probably where he got the idea... Amazing.

Getting lots of rain here. I thought I was hearing thunder. Turns out it was a massive amount of rain hitting the roof. Never seen it rain that hard before. Rain chance went from 40% to 70% and we're under a severe thunderstorm watch until 9 pm. I'll be shutting the computer down shortly.

Henryville IN got hit by a tornado that was close to 1/4 mile wide and destroyed part of a high school in a nearby town. The news pictures look really bad. Trees laying flat, buildings totally destroyed and so far three deaths. Hope there are not any more. We have had some really strange weather this past year.

Willis, When I left Newfoundland in 1958 I swore I would never live in an iced in & snowed in climate again. It seems like it will never snow again in Florida like it did in 1977. It's to dang Hot.:)

LOL Larry, I don't know about that, but with the news of all those tornados and the likes to south of us, it seems to be a good place to be even if it's quite cold for 3 months of the year. Heavy winter wear takes care of the cold, it's a little heavy on the electric power or fuel for heating, but then again I rarely run an airconditioner in the summer, it's usually comfortable enough to enjoy the outdoors. We have a more plesant climate than the Newfies, very rare to be below 0*F and rare to be in the 90*F. Ocean breezes keep it cooler in the summer and a bit warmer in the winter. Northumberland Straight is the warmest water north of the Carolinas, we even have those nuts who go swimming on New Years day. No Sir 45* north is not too bad a place to be :D
Now I have to admit, there's a lot of snowbirds who go south for the winter, but then again no problem with that

I live in one of the areas the snowbirds tend to flock to: Palm Springs, CA area. We do have the heat to contend with in the summer (plus the occasional earthquake), but The months from October through May make up for the hot months. I love it here. And when the heat becomes too much, we can drive two hours and be sitting on a beach overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

Question for you guys. Do you use a single-action, double-action airbrush, or do any of you use both? I have a couple single action Paasche units now, and they work just fine for painting things. I've just ordered a Paasche Talon because it appears that it might be more useful for special purpose painting (weathering, etc.) and detail painting.

Thoughts?

Question for you guys. Do you use a single-action, double-action airbrush, or do any of you use both? I have a couple single action Paasche units now, and they work just fine for painting things. I've just ordered a Paasche Talon because it appears that it might be more useful for special purpose painting (weathering, etc.) and detail painting.

Thoughts?
I use a single action. With partial paralysis in my hands I could never manage a double action airbrush.

The storms here have passed. Radar shows relatively clear. Still getting rain but no more thunder and lightning.

Hope everybody else is doing OK.

Man, what a day. Started out this morning at 7am putting a TV Steel & Glass table together. I bought a LG 47in. Flat Screen HD TV yesterday at WallyWorld. I also bought the TV cabinet at the same time. It's really an open shelf type w/steel legs, steel all over except the thick glass shelves.
Quite an item to put together. had to work down on the livingroom floor all morning. Back's killing me right now. Took a Pain pill cause I gotta be up early tomorrow & get ready to go to the Trainshow in palmetto. taking 3 guys w/me in my Chevy HHR. It's a 55 mile trip. After that we usually try to hit 1 Hobby Shop in sarasota, then eat lunch & lastly we hit Harbor Freight & then head home. Hope I'm able to get up. I pick up everyone on the way. 1st one is about 12 miles, next one is 15 miles & one is meeting me here for the ride. I've got discount(1 buck off adm.) cards for all.
Weather was Great today. 95* in the shade. It's supposed to be in the low
:D 40's by sunday nite & a high of 60* all day monday.

They are now saying 9 have died in the southern IN tornadoes As of 6AM this morning there are now 14 confirmed dead..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back