Not open for further replies.
Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

anim_coffee.png

:cool:

BRS41PIN.png

Tipton.gif

TIPTON

Tell ya what, BlackZ28 wasnt kidding about the snow. Here in Upstate NY it has snowed since yesterday morning. Theres probably close to 8inches out there right now, with another 3-5 still to come. Alittle odd that its March 1st and were just now getting our first snowday of the year.

Plans for the day? Waiting until after my parents leave, then i have to snowblow. Ill probably do some riding today too, I finally got around to rebuilding the red wheeler so it could use a nice ride. Unfortunately I do have to go to work tonight, not that i dont like my job, its just going to be really slow.

Jeff- Come have all the snow you want, really its okay. Ill even help you load it. Id do the same thing in the fall when all the leaf-peepers come through, rake the yard and put out a sign saying "Free Souveniers!" :D

Hope everyone has a good day

Good morning. It's clear and 58, heading for a high of 75. Not bad for March 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning.

All we got was a drizzlefest with cold raw winds. Wet flurries ending this morning then 60% chance of showers this afternoon.

Prayers to all those suffering from the latest storms across the US....:(

Going to try to finish off the transfer of all my stuff from the old computer to the newer computer today..got the email from a couple of the companies that I need to reauthorize the programs from last night so that will get done this morning...:rolleyes:

LS16730_000_thumb_3.jpg

Good morning. It's 68° and cloudy with patchy fog. The high will be 80° and there's a 20% chance of rain.

Well here it is the first of the month. Again! That means it's a day for paying bills. Again! Most of the bills I pay online. There's a couple of them I have to go into town to pay. Some companies are still in the stone age and insist on the face to face thing. Oh well, I have to go to town anyway for gas and groceries. No plans for layout work today.

P1012669.jpg

Good morning folks.

I shouldn't be laughing at the snow everyone is getting but I can't help myself. Usually we're getting pounded this time of year. It's been so warm that we're getting rain instead. We're supposed to be in the 40's and 50's next week. Once again, weird for this time of year.

Work is slow so the stress level is getting ramped up again. Today should be a doozy as far as the boss sighing and groaning. FML!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy day.

Good morning folks

It was a foggy 43 F when I hit the crowded roads this morning. Our high today will be 57 F. I am not sure what has been going on in these parts but the commute this week has been horrendous. All week it has taken me twice the normal time to get into work. I have tried several different but nothing has helped.

The blood pressure seems to be dropping again. I had some lower than normal readings the last few evenings. I will be on the phone with the doctor again today. It may be time to switch medication.

My daughter has volleyball practice tonight. Tuesday was interesting. The coach went off on them about their performance and lack of effort on Saturday. He was also annoyed at the absenteeism that is going on. Two girls were not at practice. They have not had a full team practice in about 4 weeks. Tonight they have to run 40 laps; one lap for every serve error the team had on Saturday. 40 errors equates into 40 points they gave the other teams. A few folks have asked why things are so serious. The reason is if a girl wants to play college volleyball 16U and 17U teams are for all intents college tryouts. In volleyball most of the recruiting is done from 16U and 17U club teams. When we play at the Northeast Qualifier in Baltimore my daughter knows that three college coaches will defiantly be observing her. Two of the schools are high on her list.

My son and I talked a little about what needs to be done on the layout. We also talked about what he needs to do to finish his Railroading Merit Badge.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Did I tell you guys that I bought those Southern RR lanterns? Well, I did and for $150 for the three. They are in very good condition and the colors are Red, Blue, and Clear. One is missing the oil (fuel) pot, but I can buy an exact replica for around $35. Nice memorabilia and conversation pieces, if nothing else.

All this warm weather has stirred Spring fever. The wifey and I will be heading out tomorrow for a week of camping and Crappie fishing. Suppose to have threatening weather tomorrow night, but next week's weather is suppose to be mostly clear and 60's/40's. You never know in March....heck, you never know anytime in Alabama :D.

Got the bills paid. Before going to town I went to my parents place and reimbursed my father for paying the car insurance and electric bill. Electric bill for last month was $52. I then helped him move a power chair transport rack from their garage to his tractor shed. He wanted to move it on a dolly but proved to be too cumbersome and kept falling off. I came up with the idea of getting his tractor and trailer and loading it in the trailer. Took both of us to get it in. That mother is heavy! Neither of us is supposed to lift loads like that but it had to be done. Got it over to the tractor shed and parked it there. He'll have my brother-in-law and one of his friends carry it into the shed later. Lifting it once was enough for him! That's also a bit out of my range. Lifting is one thing, carrying is something else. It's a major job just getting the groceries from the van to my home.

My father wishes his was that low! His is usually between two and three hundred this time of year. The price of owning an all-electric 5,000 square foot home.

The highest I've ever hit on an electric bill was $129. That was in the death throes days of Valley Electric (VEMCO). When SWEPCO took over the rates dropped by more than a third.

I haven't been running my A/C or my Heater hardly at all this winter. My elect. bill was $135.00 & now it's less than $90.00 a month. Today it was
90* almost all day. 95* in the trainroom. Even w/5 fans going I had to close up & go into the A/C in the house around 3pm. Took me about 30 mins to cool down. Like everyone else I hate to see what this summer is going to be like. It gets hotter every year. I use to be able to stay in the trainroom till about noon about 8 yrs ago. This past summer was the kicker. Had to quit about 9am after going out there at 7am. This summer I'll have to go out at midnite because I'm afraid by 7am I'll have to go inside w/the A/:)C.

Right now my concerns are the water heater should be replaced and I'm not sure how much longer before the house needs to be repiped in copper. House was built in 55. The water heater was put in around 74 (I think).

I haven't been running my A/C or my Heater hardly at all this winter. My elect. bill was $135.00 & now it's less than $90.00 a month. Today it was
90* almost all day. 95* in the trainroom. Even w/5 fans going I had to close up & go into the A/C in the house around 3pm. Took me about 30 mins to cool down. Like everyone else I hate to see what this summer is going to be like. It gets hotter every year. I use to be able to stay in the trainroom till about noon about 8 yrs ago. This past summer was the kicker. Had to quit about 9am after going out there at 7am. This summer I'll have to go out at midnite because I'm afraid by 7am I'll have to go inside w/the A/:)C.

Is it getting hotter or is someone getting older? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back