Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure been a lot of Crazy things happening on this Forum lately. It must be the Stress from all of the storms all over the US. I would say it was caused from the Full Moon, but you couldn't say that w/the clouds covering it 90% of the time. It's not like this Group to carry on & on & on & on about something that doesn't mean a hill of beans to the old timers.
It's good that we have monitors that make us get a hall pass to go pee otherwise we would blow-up & the screens would be all yellow & brown.
:p;):D:eek::):rolleyes::cool::eek:

Hello Neo............

I just hadn't seen anything wrong with the thread. Go across the street and ask about cats. You'll see flame throwers and grenades!:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
The cat thread is still there.....Morphius ;)

cats%20by%20the%20fire.JPG

Speaking of, mine would rather chill than have Daddy chase em with a squirt gun with white vinager!:D

Moderators

I don't know if you've ever been a Moderator on a website, but it ain't easy. I've owned my own sites over the years & w/out a good sensitive Moderator the site can get real ugly real fast. I had a High School(1957 era)
web site for about 3 years & it was a 24/7 job. Had a Moderator that went overboard & caused a lot of trouble on the site & it took me almost 3 months to get her off. She kept finding ways to get back on. I finally had enough & shut it down. The Good People will always try to smooth things over for everyone else. Sometimes it works & sometimes not.
I started a Facebook site for myself & even w/all the moderators that kept it going it got out of hand. I'm not on Facebook anymore just because of all of the Riff/Raff that goes on.
I HOPE that all you guys that like to edge on a person & build up a fight don't wipe out this Forum. I'm just as Guilty as the rest. I get mad sometimes when a Moderator stops a Thread over a frivulous misunderstanding, but their job ain't easy & until you are one on a website, don't knock their Job. If you think it's easy, just monitor this forum for 24 hrs. w/out sleep & you will see what it's like. NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I don't know if you've ever been a Moderator on a website, but it ain't easy. I've owned my own sites over the years & w/out a good sensitive Moderator the site can get real ugly real fast. I had a High School(1957 era)
web site for about 3 years & it was a 24/7 job. Had a Moderator that went overboard & caused a lot of trouble on the site & it took me almost 3 months to get her off. She kept finding ways to get back on. I finally had enough & shut it down. The Good People will always try to smooth things over for everyone else. Sometimes it works & sometimes not.
I started a Facebook site for myself & even w/all the moderators that kept it going it got out of hand. I'm not on Facebook anymore just because of all of the Riff/Raff that goes on.
I HOPE that all you guys that like to edge on a person & build up a fight don't wipe out this Forum. I'm just as Guilty as the rest. I get mad sometimes when a Moderator stops a Thread over a frivulous misunderstanding, but their job ain't easy & until you are one on a website, don't knock their Job. If you think it's easy, just monitor this forum for 24 hrs. w/out sleep & you will see what it's like. NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Most forums I belong to, the moderators have changed their user title under their profile to "Moderator". It makes it easier for the rest of the population to know who to go to for problems, as well as to know who is being "official" with warning them, rather than a well-meaning regular user.

Don't worry, folks will know who gave them a warning or infraction or banning. :eek: :p :p

Good morning all! High winds here. Tough day for outdoor modelers......

Don't you think you're being a bit dramatic? All I wanted to know was why a perfectly harmless, ON TOPIC, thread, was locked.

I do respect the work moderators do on this and other forums. It's like having our own Wyatt Earp waiting in the wings, keeping the peace.

Good morning. It's 50° and cloudy. The high is due to be 60° and it'll be partly cloudy this afternoon. There's a 30% chance of rain this morning.

Nothing special going on today. I'll be off to town soon to do the second half of the grocery shopping.

P1012667.jpg

Forecasted sunny and 81 in SoCal this Saturday. Food shopping is done as is breakfast. Today will be a whole lot of outdoor stuff, beer and barbecuing. At some point I want to sand the "ground" on the first section of the C&EI shelf layout and give it a spray of paint.

[/QUOTE]
I do respect the work moderators do on this and other forums. It's like having our own Wyatt Earp waiting in the wings, keeping the peace.[/QUOTE]
I moderate a board on hot glass that fluctuates between 600-1000 or so members. I am also very active there posting information since I've been working with the stuff for over forty years. Of the few things I insist on is the individual registering with their real name and I actually check it out and the other is that they have to use a server that they pay for- can't be free. I find it keeps flaming to a minimum when people know your real name. In over ten years, I've banned under ten people. I can also almost always tell when they are going to be trouble from the onset. It's simple:

Argumentative and unwilling to ever admit that they have made a mistake.

I am loathe to censor anything unless I think it to be outright dangerous in an immediate and harmful way or worse, being mean. While I don't censor it, I do have a special place for opinions. The stuff that always causes trouble is political viewpoint. No one ever changes anyone's mind and it always always ends in bad feelings.

We do have a saying: "You can always tell a glassblower but you can't tell him much". I'm sure there is something similar here. I just like trains.

Good post Pete. I'm an admin on a forum and we allow quite a bit. The one thing we will not tolerate is personal attacks. You can call someone's idea stupid, but do not ever call the person stupid.

Went to town earlier and got the rest of the groceries for the month and went by Autozone to get a starter button for the van. The ignition switch in the column is starting to give me some new fits when turned to the start position. So I'm going to do the same thing that was done on my old '68 Dodge and run a fused wire from the battery to the starter button (to be installed this weekend I hope) then a wire from the button to the starter relay. The start function of the ignition switch in the column will be rendered useless and hopefully won't cause a problem. That's enough about that.

Got the starter button installed just to the right of the steering column. Turn key to run, press the button and it fires right up. Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back