Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see you made progress on the track Jeffrey. Any chance we could see the Crescent Moon running 57 seconds in a video? Yeah, I know. I just love the smaller steam locomotives.........
No, but it's possible to see a short video of it moving on five or six feet of track. Funny thing, the coupler trip pin on the tender kept hanging up on the turnout when I was trying to back it up. 2-6-0 video.

Good Morning..well...kind of....

Got a call from the hospital last night...it appears that the fellow has taken a turn for the worse...we be heading up there this morning to find out what is happening....:eek::eek:

Good morning from Socal. 55 heading for 58. The rain's not here yet, but should be soon. Not sure if NASCAR will happen today. I got a surprice yesterday when my Walthers background apartment building showed up on Saturday instead of Monday. I think I'll spend time today to paint the windows, sills and doors. For those interested it's Walthers 933-3176.

Good afternoon all,
It was 46* earlier and raining when I first tried to post, kept getting side tracked so just now getting around to posting and it 49* and the rain has stopped but could start up again at any time.

Say Jeff, Sounds like your going to need to adjust the coupler trip pin by bending it up sliitly. Loco's and cars all seem to have their own little oddities as far as coupler height of how much they hang down. In help my friend John I saw two new Mantua Old Time Passenger Coaches that wouldn't stay coupled unless one of the cars was swapped 180*, go figure. They both should be the same coming from the mfg.

Say Old 97 [Larry?]: I too have a soft spot in my heart for even the much smaller Loco's yet too that used to be made in kit form. What I'm looking for at present is a decent quality Varney Dock Side or the like with the Walschert valve gear on it and piston guides. If you happen to run across any it would be appreciated if you'd let me know. I have a Lifelike Dock Side now but it just doesn't look all that authentic without piston guides and especially without the extra valve gear.
The reason I'd like to find a decent one is that I installed an Atlas 64' Turn Table, which I sunk into the sound board ground surface to make it look more believable, and the Little Dock Side is the only Engine that I can fit onto the TT along with an Old Time Passenger Coach to be able to move it to another position siding track off the TT or conveniently pull it on to the TT and turn it 180*. Oh, btw, I reworked the way the TT is made to allow for true 360* rotation with the Loco and shorty passenger car on it and like the looks much better than seeing TT partially hidden by rotation control cover as now the edge of the table is completely visable as it should be. I'm also going to add a Gallows 'A' frame to it which should also really enhance it!

Time for me to call it a night. Today I set the speed table for the GP9 Frankenstein locos. I started with the Digitrax road switcher thrott;e response curve of CV2=26, CV6=48, CV5=98. The CV2 setting was too high as they started from a dead stop at about thirty smph and the CV5 top speed was too low for my taste. To get a creeping start required a CV2 setting of 7 and the top speed CV5 is set at 154. So now the locos will creep (mark the spot to see if they're moving) at throttle position one and top out at 74 smph. Throttle position 5 is a nice 42.3 smph. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN1909.jpg

Night Jeffrey, nite Old 97, nite John Boy, nite Grandpa!:rolleyes:
Man, you guys hit the sack early. It's just now time for a cup'a Joe.

Hope all had a good weekend!:)

Good Morning

Going to be clear later today, 30% chance of showers or s**wflurries this morning..current temperature is 29F...windchill...yes, that again of 14F:eek::mad:...oh...the low for tonight? 15F.....:eek:

Well, it was touch and go yesterday but he seems to have stabilized last night..we just got back home from the hospital..all his family and friends were up there..so we took turns with the bedside visits...that hospital is getting a little too familiar here.......he had a bloodclot go through his heart and that was what put us on alert yesterday but they went after it and caught the thing later on with more coumarin ...hopefully that will do the trick.:)

Today will be getting some sleep..which was pretty rare yesterday..and then getting some groceries laid into the house so we could be in and out during the day...:)

Have a nice one!!:):)

Good morning. It's 58° and clear. The high will be 82° and it'll be mostly sunny.

The plan for today is to go back to bed. Not feeling well this morning as I seem to be battling some digestive system bug.

I did get one thing accomplished this morning. I programmed my Bachmann GP7's so they now have MARS lights when going forward.

P1010536.jpg

Good morning from SoCal. 52 heading for sunny and 65. Nothing special today. Just day one of the work week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back