Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a revoltin' development this is! Some careless giant plopped his bag of meds right across the main line!

FSCN1824.jpg

Good morning. It's 51° and partly cloudy. The high will be 78° and it'll be mostly sunny. Boy that's a welcome change!

I saw in the reports this morning that we're under a flood warning. NO KIDDING! I wonder what their first clue was!

Last night I took my KCS SW1500 off the display rack, gave it a quick servicing as it hasn't been run in more than a year then gave it a run on the layout, which I of course caught on video. Here's the link for that: KCS SW1500 4331.

I didn't get much sleep last night. Around 4:00 am I woke up and went to turn over to get more comfortable. I did the old thing of pushing the right elbow into the mattress to roll over to the left. I've done I don't know how many times without any problem. This time however I managed to dislocate my right shoulder! Needless to say I was wide awake! Well, I did something that I've practiced before but never done. I did a SOLO relocation of the shoulder joint. One of the many things my mother taught me from her experience as a nurse of all things. Sometimes I wonder what she hasn't done. Anyway I was successful on the second try and the pain faded to a dull ache after ten or so minutes. It feels much better now but is still a little tender. That's not going to stop me from working on the layout. Now if my father calls me wanting me to do something, yeah, that would stop me.

I hope everyone else has a great day. Prayers for those in need.

P1010598.jpg

P1010596.jpg

Good Morning

Sunshine and warm temperatures....in March? :confused::):) ...normally around here it is slushy and cold and grey...:eek:

Getting some things done that were not getting done the last few days....he phoned up last night and we babbled into the evening..he will be on a low salt diet...but the thing here is that he will be having to take some heavy duty anti-cholesterol meds...although he was of normal weight..around 170lb for 5'10" he still had what is frequently called hypercholesterolemia...high cholesterol...:eek:

Good morning from SoCal. 52 heading for a sunny/cloudy 72. Rain forecasted for Sunday. I guess I better make sure I get the lawns mowed on Saturday. They're looking a might ragged. Day 4 of the work week, but I'm leaving the office early today so that's good. Although I'm leaving so I can accompany my wife to her doctor appointment. They're trying to decide if they're going to take her gall bladder out. Always something.

Good morning from SoCal. 58 heading for 68 with sun & clouds. Rain is still on the table for Sunday. Final day of the work week. I hope it's a quiet one. Tomorrow I'll be tackling the shed. It's time to do some purging. Of course, the front and back seats for the '36 will have to stay. The decision has been made to remove the wife's gall bladder. The good news is there's nothing specifically wrong, but there are two polyps so it's better to removed it now. Of course, we have to wait for the insurance authorization.

On the train front, I have a building facade to continue work on and I've laid out the bass wood necessary to make a fence for the apartment buildings. Walthers shows the apartment building will be arriving Monday.

Good morning. It's 57° and partly cloudy with fog. The high will be 80°.

No plans for today except to work on the layout and run some trains. Sounds like a plan to me.

P1010592.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back