Coffee Shop 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all!~

Rex...Enjoy the Angels. I love air shows, but am, for obvious reasons, a Thunderbird fan ;) I remember a air show that I took my little brother to many years ago. As the T-birds readied for takeoff, my brother got on the hood of my car and saluted them. Every pilot saluted him back. He was thrilled. Several years later he became a F16 pilot himself. Wish I had a picture of him saluting the Birds.

When I need to lose weight, I drink water. I drink at least a gallon per day every day anyway...My sister is always worried that I will drink too much H2O, but when I have had enough, I tend to get heartburn and I cannot drink more. Also, I don't drink soda pop or milk or juice, so I am not getting too much to drink.
I love iced tea, but learned when in the South to specify UNsweetened tea or 1/2 and 1/2. Whew...that sweet tea...yikes! :eek:

Jeffrey...thanks for that hilarious mental image. I bet that 'chef' will not soon forget that lesson!

Latent...what a precious photo! Are they the best buddies?

Jim...BIG Women's Conference. Hmmmmm.... :p

Hey...good luck to those who are planning on cutting out smoking. I never did smoke, couldn't stand the smell. But my Dad smoked for years. I was thrilled when he quit. I understand it is difficult, but well worth the effort.

Take care,
Sandy

Man, it's just another one of those's, "If the economy wasn't in the tank, I would have told my Boss to @#$% this job and quit." Type of days!:mad: with out going in to great details it all hinged on I care to much about my work quality!:rolleyes: I need to learn to not Give a @#$% and let it go, and do a half a$$ job like everyone else.........:mad: Either way the first stockholders meeting in dade city for the county went over like a wet fart for parks:mad::( No one fought for parks! If the two other meetings go the same way.........I might not have to worry about not giving a damn about work!:rolleyes: Well got to go and cook dinner................

Good Evening --I just got back from spending a good portion of my day driving back roads trying to find a client who left a nursing home north of here:eek::eek:--turns out the poor guy has an early onset form of Alzheimers.:eek::eek::confused: We found him--or rather some off duty police officers found him wandering around in a field near a village north of the nursing home. Lots of angry admins running around trying to figure out who let him go for a walk without somebody going with him:mad::mad:

Jim The flood/blizzard thing is just insane--I just hope everyone's safe---

So now that I'm finally home I'm going into the trainroom to scrape a paint list together for getting some paints----:rolleyes::D:D:D

Evening, everyone.

Sandy, you do know about water intoxication, right? :) You're right about sweet tea down here. The first time I asked for iced tea and didn't specify I wanted unsweet I thought the few teeth I had left would come flying out of my mouth. :eek: When they say sweet, they aren't kidding.

Chris, sounds like one of those days that makes me glad I'm retired. People usually do fight for their parks when push comes to shove so I'll bet you guys still a get a fair share of the budget scraps. Of course, to listen to some of the financial "experts" on TV, the recession/depression ended this month so you should have nothing to worry about. :rolleyes:

BOC, I'm glad they found the poor guy. We used to have a lot of searches for missing Alzheimer's patients before California finally allowed locked facilities. The outcome was almost never good although some of them were amazing. We had one search that went on for almost three days with temperatures of 110 during the day and staying above 80 at night. We went though about 8 counties for mutual aid because we had SAR team members dropping like flies from heat exhaustion. The afternoon of the third day, she was found in a deep drainage that was covered in blackberries but did have a small stream still running at the bottom. She drank water and ate blackberries the whole time and stayed in the shade. It was a mixture of relief and wanting to smack her one when we found her.

I really am concerned about Bill Tilder. Does anyone know him or has anyone heard from him? It's not like him to be away this long. I sent him a PM but haven't gotten an answer yet.

Bill lives in the next county form where I live but I have never met him face to face. I pray he is just on vacation or has a computer problem. I have a friend who lives in Grand Rapids MI who I converse with daily and about 3 yrs ago I had not seen him for several days when finally his wife got online and let me know he had been sick and would be offline for several more weeks.

good morning!

some of you have pretty interesting jobs.

I belong to another BB where we have become very close, we keep a contact list so that if someone isn't heard from for a bit, another person can sort of check up on them.

its especially helpful for us older ladies who live alone and work with horses all day long.
We've each made arrangements with various other members, and they have contact numbers for family, neighbours etc. to call just in case.

so far so good, but its a nice little safety net. Its good to see people worrying about others here. :)

Good morning folks

It was 42 F as I rolled on to the roadways this morning. High today will be 55 F. We are expecting rain later.

Yesterday was another of those crazy days that started from the moment I got to work and ended when I walked out. I spent most of the day throwing water on crisis after crisis. We did get one more project advertised and the addendums to the bid proposals on two others published. We will see tomorrow how our efforts went when the first two of our economic stimulus projects have bid openings.

No modeling. Between work and getting ready for our Cub Scout Blue and Gold I have no time. I am hoping that when the last economic stimulus project is advertised in about two weeks that I’ll catch a breather at work and reduce some of the overtime and once the Banquet is done things will slow down at home. Wait a moment after the banquet we have to prepare for the Arrow of Light and Crossover ceremonies at the end of the month.

Tonight is Den Meetings. Since my wife is doing an Outreach for the Museum today I got volunteered to take my FIL to the doctor’s this afternoon. He has had a cough for the last week that he can’t shake. Since he is 75 and had a stroke last year we don’t take chance when he comes down with something. Now I just have to convince him that going to the doctor is a good thing.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Well Obama's 62 cent tax increase on cigarettes goes into effect today, so it was as good a day as any to quit smoking. I feel pretty good about it too. Going cold turkey is not a big deal, just have to find a model to work on now for when I start missing the smokes when I am bored. Can't allow myself to get bored.

Good morning shop dwellers!

I just posted a query in the coffee shop across the street to see if anybody there knows anything about Bill Tidler. Probably not, otherwise Jeff or Phillip would have likely mentioned something by now...but there's no harm in asking anyways.

I've seen lots of interesting posts here about fireball cookouts, Blue Angels, big womens' clubs etc., but I don't have time to respond to anyone - been waaaaaay too busy! Both at the office, and at home.

Wanna know how to lose weight? Try shooting 60+ photographs of a model on a Lazy Susan under 1500watts of floodlights! Snap a photo, jump over and turn the platform ~10 degrees (while the floodlights radiate their heat into your upper torso), jump back to the camera, shoot another photo, jump back to the platform and turn it another 10 degrees, ... well you get the idea! Had to get angles over a full 360 degrees. Two sets, each under different types of lighting. After doing that for over an hour, I was breathing as hard as I do after a casual jogging run, and my leg muscles hurt. At least I got [I'm hoping anyway] a decent set of photos for the virtual reality "spinner."

Oooops, better get back to work now, C U L8TR!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rex?

Rex- was this you?

Yesterday I was buying 2 large bags of Purina dog chow at WalMart, for
my dogs Winston, Chief, Gus and Maximus. I was checking out when a
woman behind me asked if I had a dog. What did she think, that I had an
elephant? Since I had little else to do, on impulse, I told her that
no, I didn't have a dog, and that I was starting a Purina Diet again,
although I probably shouldn't because I ended up in the hospital last
time. On the bright side though, I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened
in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of every hole in my body
and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that
it works is to load your pockets with Purina nuggets and simplely eat one
or two every time you feel hungry and that the food is nutritionally
complete so I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that
practically everyone in the line was enthralled with my story by now.)

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog
food had poisoned me. I told her no; I had stopped in the middle of the
parking lot to lick my butt and a car hit me.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack, he was
laughing so hard!

WAL-MART won't let me shop there anymore.

:D:eek:Damn you Mikey!
I'm laughing do hard I have tears coming down my face!!!!!!:D:eek::D:eek:;)
Gosh that hit my funny bone hard!!!!

Next time I have to buy cat or dog food (petless now, new kitty on the way) I'll have to go to Walmart too!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon, everyone.

I sure hope we get some news on Bill soon. Everybody deserves a break so I hope that's all it is.

LTF, having people that will check up on you is a good thing. You don't sound or look like an "older lady" to me but working with horses and climbing around barn roofs does have its hazards.

OHTom, good for you and I hope you succeed in quitting. A study I just read found that about 40% of the people who quit cold turkey were still not smoking five years later compared to less than 20% who used aids like nicotine gum. Must have something to do with a combination of will power and addictive personalities. If you run out of kits, let me know - I have a couple I can send you to keep you busy. :)

Mikey, I've read that one before and I still laugh. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I haven't seen someone licking their butt in a Wal-Mart parking lot. :D

Ken, sounds like you're lucky you didn't catch your hair on fire as well with all the lights. :eek: I know you're kind of a perfectionist when it comes to your photos. I imagine you'll be spending more than a few hours at the computer editing all those pictures.

Another weird night weather-wise down here. We had a line of thunderstorms blow up about midnight that lasted about 45 minutes and then dissolved. The cold front went through and the temperatures started to rise. It's now sunny and 76 degrees, which isn't supposed to happen after a cold front. Looks like another front tomorrow but this one should be stronger and bring another round of severe storms and heavy rain. I took two meteorology course in college before I realized I was too dumb to ever to get through all the math I needed for a meteorology degree. Apparently, the laws of physics and meteorology apply everywhere but Alabama. :rolleyes:

Bad news in the family today. My last uncle is gone. He passed on at 7:45 this morning after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. He will be missed.

Went out this morning and paid the monthly bills then went to Alexandria to visit the LHS. Picked up a couple of kits while I was there. I usually don't get kits if I can help it. My physical problems makes putting them together somewhat difficult. But I couldn't find these built-up at a descent price. I wanted them so I grabbed them. Cost me $53 and that was at 20% off. I got the Model Power town hall kit and a Walther's 2-stall engine house. I like engine houses for some reason. After that I returned to Leesville and went out to a late lunch with my parents.

My condolences, Jeffrey.

Fellows, it is getting loud around here...and I mean LOUD! The Navy boys are flying around getting a feel for the terrain and airport area for Saturday's show...or whatever pilots do. I've seen a couple of Hornets and some trainers and some went too high, too soon, to see. I believe they are flying out of Meridian Naval Air Station and then returning. Lot of take-off's and Landings.

CUL

Jeffery: sorry to hear about the lose

Rex: Sounds like a good time. I wish the air shows around here were more... entertaining.

I broke my desk last night. So now I have a broken car and a broken desk. Any bets on what will break next? My mom said my heart, but what does she know :D

Jeff - condolences on the loss of your Uncle!

Rex - When I was in high school in Annapolis, every May the Blue Angels would fly around right outside and everybody would rush to the windows to watch. It drove the teachers crazy, LOL

I finally finished gathering everything for my Fugate article, made a ZIP file this morning. I was going nuts trying to get a decent "action" shot of the model to use as the title image, but I never could get anything 100% perfect [by my standards]. There's no way it will ever look like a Lou Sassi photo, but I included 3 variations and will let Joe decide which one to use.

Have a good'un!

Jeff, very sorry about your uncle.

Sparky, how'd you break your desk?

Rex, when I worked in Toronto, I loved being able to see parts of the Air Show at the CNE. (that was a while ago, I left my job in "96)

Good morning.

It's 63 and very foggy. The high will be in the mid 70's and there's a good chance of thunderstorms. There's a severe thunderstorm watch in effect until noon cdt today. A lake wind advisory is in effect until 6 PM cdt this evening.

I was up until 1 am working on the Town Hall kit. It turned out pretty good. Still have to black out the inside. I may start work on the engine house kit later today depending on how I feel. It'll be a pretty complex build. I received a few city accessory kits (Walther's #933-3535) in the mail yesterday. I'll be starting on them in the near future and there's a Gorre and Daphetid boxcar kit on the way.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/2/2009

Wind Chill: 62°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 63°F

So Far Today
High: 63°F
Low: 61°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph SSE

Through 7:15 AM...intermittent dense fog will continue over southeast Texas...southwest and central Louisiana with visibilities near a quarter mile possible at times this morning. The fog will gradually lift after sunrise...with a line of strong thunderstorms expected to affect inland southeast Texas and central Louisiana later this morning.

Today High: 75 lShowers and thunderstorms likely in the morning...then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may be severe. Breezy. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph in the morning becoming west and increasing to 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 48 Mostly clear. Cooler. Lows in the upper 40s inland... In the lower 50s coast. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN0744.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back