Coffee Shop 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning --We're having sun right now but a big cloud bank is currently creeping towards--oh well back to dull skies and snow. We are going to have about 6-8" of the stuff by tonight with the winds up to 60kmh will blow it around and create all kinds of interesting times driving today. I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere today because this sure won't be fun if it does hit--:eek::confused::confused:

Got call from a co worker about her shift that I was to cover today. It is a no go this time as her plans fell through so I'll wait for another time. This is a good thing because now I can go and do some reconfiguring of my atrium which seems to want to grow into a small shopping arcade thing. :):)

Good morning. It's 44 with lots of sunshine but don't worry. It'll get back to normal as there's a chance of rain today. The high should be around 65.

It's nice to be back home. That hospital got very boring after the first 5 minutes and it was nearly impossible to get anything resembling rest with nurses and attendants coming and going at all hours of the day and night. Yeah, glad to be out of that place. As for the gravel moving operation, I'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole! My father is talking about working out something with my nieces boyfriend to get some of his friends together and get the rest of it done. Beer and hamburgers will be made available AFTER the work is done. As for filling the ditch in, that's left to the guy who dug it. He'll bring his track hoe in and fill it in in a couple of hours at no charge.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/21/2009

Wind Chill: 41°F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 41°F

So Far Today
High: 45°F
Low: 43°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph SSE

Today High: 65 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers in the morning...then mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph in the morning becoming west in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 35 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers in the evening...then mostly clear after midnight. Lows in the mid 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN0640.jpg

Good morning.

We are drying out as best we can right now. Ken, no water to the layout. The layout is upstairs in the second living room. I'm still concerned about the ceiling drying out fast enough. There isn't any air flow that I know of, so it could take a while. On the other hand, these units aren't exactly air tight. I'm sure it will be fine. We had a few inches of snow last night to remind us that it is not in fact, spring!

I'm off to work. Have a great day.

Good afternoon gang,

Well I finished my TY2008 tax processing this morning. I'm glad that ordeal is out of the way, but I'm also disappointed that my refund was only half of what I'd been expecting. It seems that when my wife went back to work full-time [to pay tuition for our 2 youngest daughters, who are no longer being homeschooled], it nudged our combined family income a teensy bit above an income threshold that made us ineligible for many of the deductions we were able to claim last year:mad: I suspected that something like this would probably happen, I keep saying we should never calculate tax refunds into the education budget. But this year instead of tuition, Vicky wanted to use the refund money to buy a 3rd family car so my 16yr-old son would have something to drive, just a clunker with a reliable motor. [Who knows, we may still be able to get something - Calvin's pretty good at minor mechanical stuff!] But this essentially nixed that mrr investment I had hoped to make.:(

BOC - we'd all like to see some photos of that atrium your building. With that weather you should have plenty of time to stay indoors and make progress on it.

Jeff - Is that "neice's boyfriend" the same one we've heard about before - the one who measures after cutting? I guess there aren't too many ways to screw up dumping gravel into a hole...;) Whatever it takes to prevent any further damage to your foot/leg.

Evening, everyone.

I've been tied up the past day or two doing things like getting my entire work bench clear and storing all the trains stuff so I can start working on this church model. It's going to be a big job but a good challenge too, since I haven't worked on a large structure in a long time. I'm going to be spending most of the day getting measurements and taking pictures of the building and transferring them to my drawings.

Jeffrey, sorry to hear you ended up in the hospital but I was afraid of that when you said you opened up a wound on your foot. There are some things you just don't need to be doing and fixing septic systems is at the top of the list. I'm sure being in the hospital was a drag but they needed to pump those antibiotics in you to clear up the infection. As Ken said, even that boyfriend can't do too much to screw up getting gravel back in a hole so take it easy. I still have that SD card for you and will be getting it off Monday along with a few other things I have been late on.

George, i hope you can tough it out until you get your health care covered. I'm in your same position, having to cover my own health care for two more years until Medicare kicks in. I was lucky enough to get a Blue Cross policy during open enrollment since no insurance company would cover me otherwise. So, I pay $3,000 a year for a policy that will only cover me if I get run over by a streetcar or get cancer of the nose. :eek:

Ken, I always try to get nothing back or owe a little and invest what the government would otherwise get for free. It's worked in the past although, with the market over the past year, you may have been better off not investing it since it would probably be gone. :( Don't worry, though, starting April 1, the new stimulus will kick in and you'll be getting an extra $16 a week not being withheld from your paycheck. Let's see, that's $64 a month. If you save it all, you'll have enough for he new Walthers steel mill kits in 2011. :D

Chris, sure sounds like Jacob did his job. There are more than a few nuts out there. Unfortunately, there really isn't much we could do with the truly mentally ill. We could have them committed for a 72 hour evaluation but, unless they were really lunatics, they got kicked loose again and were back on the street. Since I only four attack cats, I have to depend on my Remington 870 to do Jacob's job. A big dog or the sound of an 870 racking up a round will usually run off all but he most determined.

Corey, I'm glad to hear the water didn't damage anything too important but it doesn't sound like this should be a regular occurrence either. I don't think I've ever had a washer hose spring a leak.

BOC, I forget it's still winter up there. There's a tiny chance for a few flakes of snow here tonight and as as close as I want to get to a snowstorm.

Karl, sounds like you were a difficult patient. :rolleyes: It was interesting to hear what some patients had to say when they were under conscious sedation. Always best not have any significant others around since every female looks like a beauty queen with enough fentanyl in you. That stuff is a wonder drug for ugly women. :p I hope the pain has subsided or you are doped up enough not to say anything else dumb.

Phillip, sounds like tough time with school and work combined driving you nuts. Speaking of that, how did the the talk with your daughter go?

Increasing clouds here and cool with a few showers later tonight. It should remain a few degrees above freezing so I don't think we'll get any snow flakes. It should clear out tomorrow for another couple of days of cool and windy weather. It's hard to believe I'll be in shorts sweating my buns off in a few months.

Good evening people--

Jim Audrey is wanting me to get one of those steel mills-she winged this by me just tonight-now I have an excuse to get one for the shortline.:):)

Ken Once I'm near anything even close to finished I'll post it.:):) I'm just fiddling around with the pieces --it's almost like doing architectural design at this point(in other words: designing a building from several others can be a PITA):mad::p

Jeff Is his first name 'Accident'?:eek: And is he driving the backhoe?:eek::eek: How far away is this occurring from your house?:eek:

I'm now at the point that I know that I'll just be using the pigment pen to 'etch' in the framework for the atrium--shopping arcade project. I'm going to be placing this across the way from the station I'm also building from another couple of buildings that I have in my boxes+boxes+boxes of stuff. All of this will become the center of Williston on my Emerald, Leemer and Southern.:):) I'm just waiting for some more window/door parts for that:confused:--Sheesh, I thought I had enough things flapping about in there and no dice:mad:---Oh Well:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Phillip, ........ how did the the talk with your daughter go?

We're all good now. It quickly became obvious to her that we care about her and only want the best for her. She knew that, but I think the teenage disease made her forget for a while. :D

:eek:
Evening, everyone.

Karl, sounds like you were a difficult patient. :rolleyes: It was interesting to hear what some patients had to say when they were under conscious sedation. Always best not have any significant others around since every female looks like a beauty queen with enough fentanyl in you. That stuff is a wonder drug for ugly women. :p I hope the pain has subsided or you are doped up enough not to say anything else dumb.

Who me? ;) I'm not difficult, it's just that normal anestesia has little effect on me. My regular dentist was amazed, he went to pull the one wisdom tooth previously, and thought nitros oxide would be enough. He put the mask on me and left the room, came back 10 minutes later and I was calmly reading a magazine...........no effect at all! :eek: Just a wierd metabolism I guess. Back in my drinking days it took at least a 5th of Jack Daniels for me to get drunk!

02-22-2009

Good Morning ! from TIPTON IN:eek:
TIPTONDEPOT-1.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
Diner.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
waitress3.png

gadsbys.jpg

:eek::rolleyes::):p

Good morning.

It's 35 and clear. The high should be around 60 and it will be sunny (unusual this time of year).

Not much done yesterday aside from some restoration work on some structures. I'll probably continue with the same today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/22/2009

Wind Chill: 27°F
Humidity: 60%
Dew Point: 22°F

So Far Today
High: 42°F
Low: 35°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 20mph NNE

Today High: 58 Sunny...cooler. Highs in the upper 50s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 35 Clear. Lows in the mid 30s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

DSCN0638.jpg

Mornin' all!

Indianapolis, Indiana
Currently: 18°F Flurries
lightsnow_am_55x55.gif

Wind: West at 17 MPH
Humidity: 77%
Dewpoint: 12°F
Barometer: 30.24 inches and rising
Wind Chill: 3°F

Today: partly cloudy until midday then becoming mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Highs in the mid 20s. Northwest winds around 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph.

Good day to stay inside.......and guess what!

A day off! Finally, not one thing I absolutely HAVE to do!

Thing is, I've got a few things I've been putting off that I should do, so I'll probably do those today. The good part is, at least there's no real pressure to get them done by xyz time. I'm supposed to have read the Screwtape Letters for a class, and I've got that book on tape, so I see that happening today. Also, I'd like to change out my headlight bulb on my motorcycle for a brighter one I picked up earlier this week. Lastly, I want to do a couple things to my hot tub project to get it ready for water and testing. Yeah, it's getting that close to done! I should be tubbing in style for under $500 soon! Oh, and a nap is figuring pretty high on my to-do list today too!

So whats going on with you all?

Needin' some prayers? No problem.....gottcha covered! I pray for you all constantly!

Good afternoon from Ye Olde London Towne. Its been a rather nice weekend. Sun and temps around 12c (54f). Finally got a few small jobs around the house sorted out. Not so much a 'honey do' list as a 'its about bloody time' list. The biggest pain was adjusting and recalibrating the rear window on the Landrover. Some $£^& hit and run the back in a parking lot which knocked the window rails out of place. The only visible damage was the wheel cover but the impact was enough to rattle the mechanism.

Finally have time today to get some modelling done. I've made a start on a test track. I'm recycling a pair of modules that were used as storage sidings for a previous layout. What I'll end up with is an 8' by 1' shuttle that I can use for loco testing, dcc programming track and scenic experimentation. Photos to come as soon as there is more to look at than pink styrofoam.

To all - take care of yourselves and have a great week.

I am in the process of going through my trainroom and seeing what I really have in there---I've come across some old kits that are in HO that I'm going to use when I do some forced perspective photography. This certainly is helping in cutting down my 'gotta buy' list, although I'm pretty sure things will pop right in there-----:rolleyes::D:D

Cuppa tea Flo! How's things goin' for everyone?

Been puny this past week. My RSD flared up this week and I been fighting going into the hospital for treatment. After working in one for almost 30yrs, I hate going back into one no matter the reason. I just took my medicines here at home and under the doc's orders doubled my pain meds.

Been doing some modeling in the meantime. It hasn't been much as I would like but you go with the flow. Got jury duty this week, so thats a further crimp on the schedule.

Expecting my son to come over and watch my new DVD with me. It's the 30th anniversary special edition of "Blazing Saddles". Gotta be one of the funniest movies ever made!

I did get that Bachmann Spectrum tune up posted in HO scale for those interested.

Later

Howdy do!

What's up Gang.......?:D

Well, I've been up to my eyeballs in projects:rolleyes: First I helped my son clean his frog tank and set up his new 9 gallon fresh water fish tank. Then I replaced his Bar and stem combo on his bike so his knees stop hitting the bars. He thinks the new set up is way cool! Then his Grandpa did a drop and run with Austin(Ryans Cousin). Then Austin seen I did some work on ryans bike so of course Austin wanted to have his bike tuned up:rolleyes: Once I got that done Ryans friend across the street handed me her bicycle for a quick tune up too:rolleyes: Once done with that I went to hose out the back patio and cleaned the gym matts, I'm setting him and me a free weight gym on the patio. Now I'm cooking dinner (Country style Ribs, Baked potatos, and a nice salad) For everyone:rolleyes: well got to go and check the ribs!:D

Chris hope you gots plenty of ribs cause I luv ribs and I have about 20 fellow MRRForums buddies on our way over. Nuttin better than ribs and beer. See you shortly

Chris hope you gots plenty of ribs cause I luv ribs and I have about 20 fellow MRRForums buddies on our way over. Nuttin better than ribs and beer. See you shortly

Oh No,............To bad........so sad!:( Don't cry....Blue skyes:)!

All thats left is BBQ two ribs and two BBQ chicken breast. and they were put up for tomarrows dinner:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back