Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Friday, November 2, 2012

Morning_Coffee.png

dinnertrain.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN

That is one fairly tall monster truck.....I would say. The wheels without the tires look to be around 48 or more inches in diameter. That would likely win some kind of award at our county fair. :)
It's 1/64 scale. I wouldn't mind finding one closer to 1/87 scale at a low price but that's the best I could find at Wal-Mart for about $4. Work with what you can get.

Good Morning

Another dull, drab, dribbly day for us'uns again....hopefully tomorrow will present us with a little yellow orb with blue sky for once.....

Today is the day for yet another session of chemo/radiation...if'n this one does not make me glow cherry red, well, I'd be awfully dang surprised.....:rolleyes::eek:

I'm going into my studio to put together another song, or two, or three.....

Good morning folks

It was 44 F as I rolled out of the driveway this morning. Our high is going to be 52 F.

Last night we discovered additional damage to the house. One of the downspouts in the back of the house was ripped off the wall. Something hit the siding under my son’s bedroom window. There is a big dent in the siding and the molding is broken. My son remembers something hitting the wall but at the time we were dealing with the down tree in the front yard. Tonight when I get home I will be taking a closer inspection of the back of the house.

This weekend is going to be a crazy one. My daughter has the SAT’s tomorrow. On Sunday she has open gyms for volleyball to attend. Also her Venture Crew has a bowling night planned. My son is still trying to figure out what he is doing. He has not decided if he is going to the bowling night. Him and his friends always make last minute decisions on their plans.

I am just the taxi service for the weekend since my wife is working.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning. It's 66° with 100% humidity and fog. It'll be mostly sunny with a high of 85°.

No plans today for layout work. It's possible that my mothers nurse/minder will have to leave this afternoon for a med appointment for herself. If that's the case I'll have to go down there and watch over my mother. That means being on my feet quite a bit. I'm looking forward to that like root canal surgery! It won't be a pleasant experience. Nothing happening here this morning. I got some of the clutter off the layout yesterday. It's a start.

DSCN0845.jpg

It's 1/64 scale. I wouldn't mind finding one closer to 1/87 scale at a low price but that's the best I could find at Wal-Mart for about $4. Work with what you can get.
Oh, no problem on the scale.....I see what you mean. It just reminded me of the tough truck competitions they have at the fair here in summer. These boys can be real hard on the equipment sometimes.....fun to watch though. :p

Mike

Oh, no problem on the scale.....I see what you mean. It just reminded me of the tough truck competitions they have at the fair here in summer. These boys can be real hard on the equipment sometimes.....fun to watch though. :p

Mike

At one dealership I worked at, they had a Chevy monster truck come in for a big promotional thing. he climbed up on top of some clunkers we had lined up in the parking lot, started showing off, and somehow snapped 3 axles while the 4th was dangling in the air.:eek::eek::eek:
Luckily the local tow company was there to watch the spectacle,,,with a Ford tow truck!! :D How embarrassing!! :rolleyes:

Good afternoon Guys,
I finally got on her earlier than usual. It's a sunny day but a bit overcast too with a temp of 63* and a low 54 tonight.

Say Flo and Francine, how are you both doing today? I'll have whatever the Dinner Special is, I got to watch my scheckles as the RR line has been down on business lately so revenue is shy.

Well I had to watch over my mother from about noon til 8pm today. It involved quite a lot of walking around getting this and doing that. My ankle is definitely letting me know about it! And now my father tells me he needs me to do it again in the morning! I told him that depends on how I feel in the morning. If I'm not feeling up to it I'm not doing it. He wasn't real happy with that but it's my body, not his.

Well it's time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow, maybe.

DSCN0842.jpg

New here and new to model railroading. Trying to build a model railroad here in the Rocky Mtns. Beautiful layouts all over the internet and here! Some family news, Sandy hit NJ hard where my family lives. My son is sailing west on the Atlantic, was detoured south toward Florida. He phoned the other day and I told him to watch for his cousins and family on the house roof floating to France. We had a good laugh, that's the best way to take the disaster for now. Steve promised to rescue them.

Welcome Tigerclaw!!!:):)

I'm sorta kinda in the same scenario here with my layout..I am in the process of rebuilding it a little closer to what I had originally envisioned it..but then got a little sidetracked...:rolleyes:

Good Evening...

Well, our weather up here was definitely not boring..if you wanted variation we had it..every ten minutes ago it would change. Literally. We had some sun, some cloud, nasty winds, not so nasty breezes, no wind at all, cold, warm, rain, snow, sleet...even hail. Oh..and a thunderin'boomer showed up as well to add a bit of spice to the mix...:eek:

And, I am not a cherry red glowstick so I be fine for the nonce..:rolleyes:.

New here and new to model railroading. Trying to build a model railroad here in the Rocky Mtns. Beautiful layouts all over the internet and here! Some family news, Sandy hit NJ hard where my family lives. My son is sailing west on the Atlantic, was detoured south toward Florida. He phoned the other day and I told him to watch for his cousins and family on the house roof floating to France. We had a good laugh, that's the best way to take the disaster for now. Steve promised to rescue them.
Welcome Tigerclaw! Hope all goes well with your family and your railroad.

Mike

Well I had to watch over my mother from about noon til 8pm today. It involved quite a lot of walking around getting this and doing that. My ankle is definitely letting me know about it! And now my father tells me he needs me to do it again in the morning! I told him that depends on how I feel in the morning. If I'm not feeling up to it I'm not doing it. He wasn't real happy with that but it's my body, not his.

Well it's time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow, maybe.

Say Jeffrey.
With your foot hurting so bad I imagine about the only way you could possibly do that would be to use a wheel chair to get around and that isn't an easy task in many cases.

Tiger Claw, Welcome to the forum and lets hope your relatives are ok. I too have a Cousin in Queens with his wife and his Mom who is on Kidney Dialysis every day if I remember correctly and from the looks of things I'm unsure if she could be taken as she usually was or even they are still around? My Cousin Paul has to grown Sons who are both merchant Marines and not sure how they are doing?

Lets hope for the best.

I forgot to mention that I notice a thread inquiring about how to build the Roundhouse Shays so they run smooth without being too noisy. I've built two so I see if I can bring up a few pointers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Saturday, November 3 , 2012

Morning_Coffee.png

train-clipart-6.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning, it Sunday at 12:40Am

Just a quick note, I mentioned prior that I thought my Aristo-Craft ART5480 Radio Hand Throttle has gone bad on me but I'm lucky to say that everything is just fine.

What happened was, evidently one of the little guys, :rolleyes: thru the selector switch on my Troller main transformer into the forward position and for some reason that interfeared with the functioning of the Radio control sending & receiving unit so it wouldn't work until it was changed to the reverse postiton!

When I catch the guy he's going to be strongly repremanded! :eek:

It's late and I'm beat so it's the end of the day for me. ;)

See you all tomorrow!

Say Jeffrey.
With your foot hurting so bad I imagine about the only way you could possibly do that would be to use a wheel chair to get around and that isn't an easy task in many cases.
I could use her power chair (it sits unused most of the time but is constantly on charge) for some things. However it's useless for use in the small kitchen of the east wing (narrow way in and hard to turn it around in there not to mention hard to reach things) and forget about taking it over into the west wing. There are two steps up to the west wing. It doesn't do well with steps. And something like a power chair would be totally useless for my trailer where there's not even room for crutches to be used easily. I just lean against the walls. Only things to sit on are my bed in the bedroom (That's what I like about bedrooms. You almost always find a bed in there) and the small computer chair in the front (layout) room.

Good morning. It's 63° with 100% humidity and dense fog. It'll be mostly cloudy with a chance of rain. The high will be 82°.
cond20.jpg

Sore and stiff this morning. Fog is heavy enough that we're under a dense fog advisory until 9am. My father wants me to watch over my mother this morning and I have to tell you I'm not looking forward to it. He says there's not much moving or walking around associated with it. Horse feathers!! I didn't get much sleep last night plus I had a sugar crash on top of that. When it rains it pours! I also have to get the second half of my grocery shopping done. That might have to wait a day or two. I don't expect to get any layout work done today. In fact the way things are going so far I don't expect to get ANY layout related work done this weekend period.

I can but hope that old Mr Murphy is through with me for a while. They say the bad things happen in three's. Van battery went bad after only two months, water heater busted, electric service pole busted and fell down. That seems like three.

DSCN0812.jpg

Good Morning, it Sunday at 12:40Am

Just a quick note, I mentioned prior that I thought my Aristo-Craft ART5480 Radio Hand Throttle has gone bad on me but I'm lucky to say that everything is just fine.

What happened was, evidently one of the little guys, :rolleyes: thru the selector switch on my Troller main transformer into the forward position and for some reason that interfeared with the functioning of the Radio control sending & receiving unit so it wouldn't work until it was changed to the reverse postiton!

When I catch the guy he's going to be strongly repremanded! :eek:

It's late and I'm beat so it's the end of the day for me. ;)

See you all tomorrow!
David, that was probably a wake up call. If you really like the throttles, and you aren't interested in going to DCC, now would be the time to start looking for spares. As more and more people go DCC, those throttles are going to become surplus and be discarded, either through sale or tossing in the trash.

Good Morning

Sunny today with an ever popular chance of rain be falling on our'n heads...high around 46F.

Getting some grocery shopping done today as well as getting some train time thrown into the mix as well. As well as some Spring time as he has decided to begin headbunting me here..:)

Back