Search results

1. Trussrod

The Fresno Model Railroad Club is alive and well!

To let anyone interested know: 'The Fresno Model Railroad Club', located at 1321 Betty Lane; Selma, Calif. 93662, in the Central Valley of California about 14.4 miles South of Fresno at the Old Sothern Pacific Depot in Selma, Calif. at the Pioneer Village is alive and well. Open Tuesday and...
  2. Trussrod

Opperation data base on cell phone.

The forum doesn't have an operation section to it so I figured this would be about the best place to post this. Although my layout main-line and a few sidings are a fair way from being completed I'm still looking for a simplified data base program that I can start to get set-up and use, on my...
  3. Trussrod

True-Color Model Railroad Paint, Thiner etc.

Here is a new source & brand of paint that is supposed to be similar to Floquil and thiner based as well. Prices listed are suggested list. Paint Products PRICING ON ALL TRU-COLOR PAINT: 1 OZ. BOTTLE $ 4.99 2 OZ. BOTTLE $ 8.95 16 OZ. BOTTLE - THINNER $ 34.95 16 OZ. BOTTLE - PAINT...
  4. Trussrod

**Notice about Floquil

As a service announcement. Just received from my Distributor: Floquil Paint will end the production of various paints and weathering supplies. It's quite a lengthy list.
  5. Trussrod

Floquil Paint!

As a service announcement. Just received from my Distributor: Floquil Paint will end the production of various paints and weathering supplies. It's quite a lengthy list.
  6. Trussrod

Weller WLC100 Soldering station

Just want to mention that Micro Mark has the Weller WLC100 soldering station with what appears to be infinitely variable temp and replaceable tips on sale for $23.50 should you be interested? Disclaimer: I'm in noway connected with Micro-Mark.
  7. Trussrod

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to All
  8. Trussrod

Above table switch machines?

Have any of you had any experience? Which above table electric switch machines work with Walthers HO code 83 turnouts? Any help is appreciated.
  9. Trussrod

Dockside O-4-0's

These are great little Loco's from many years back and their Walschaerts Valve Gear makes them a joy to watch running as they shift cars around from one location to another. ;) It's unfortunate that that AHM/Rivarossi had to use drivers with such deep flanges to them, because when running on...
  10. Trussrod

Atlas Turntable weathering, enhancement etc.

Curious to see what you guys have done with your Atlas turntables to weather or enhance them? Also, I ordered the 305 model which has code 83 rail I'm fairly certain and may try to replace it with code 70 or even 55 if that isn't too much work? Have any of you modified your in a similar...
  11. Trussrod

Is my thinking correct?

In the Ad Choices above I noticed this: Union Pacific Bailey Yard See more than 15000 rail cars a day at the worlds largest railyard www.VisitNorthPlatte.com Now I haven't really ever followed what Prototypical operation actually does and only somewhat became aware when my Engineer friend gave...
  12. Trussrod

Foothill-Station site is taking shape!

The Foothill-Station site is taking shape! Here's the site address > http://www.vendio.com/stores/Foothill-Station/ or http://www.vendio.com/stores/Foothill-Station/ if underlined in Hyper link fashion? You should just have to click on the link to access my site. It is still under...
  13. Trussrod

Weller Solder iron station #84383~

For those that are just getting into to soldering and watching the cost, Micro -Mark has a Weller #84383 on Sale-on-line till Mid night 2-14-2011 for $23.95 normally 29.95 so it seems to be a fairly good savings. [I'm not connected with them in any way just wanted to pass along the info.]...
  14. Trussrod

Favorite Train Movie Criticing.

I thought I'd start a thread about the fallacies you noted in watching your favorite train movies for the second, third and more times as things appear to you that you probably didn't notice at first. I'll start with, 'Emperor of the North', as it's the only one I've seen recently! Let me...
  15. Trussrod

Common Sense - Rules - Stupidity!!

I just received this from a RR buddy, it may be fairly current! This a prime example of some individuals not using common sense but rather letting RR rules dictate what should be done and the stupidity of their actions! >> Unbelievable, the epitome of 'that's not my job'!!! Life is...
  16. Trussrod

Early 1900's Oil Storage Tanks

Does anyone know if someone makes any models of early small Oil Storage Tanks or a facility for the turn of the Century, 1900's era ? I'd like them to be verticle if possible and did see one in an old picture showing a Texco gas station and figured if a kit of one kind or another was...
  17. Trussrod

The C & S West Short Line resumes expansion.

The C & S West Short Line is under new and more agressive management and they realize too much time has gone by with only a little expansion to show for the time passed but all is not waisted as a lot of thought took place. I've not only electrictfied most of the blocks but started to lay the...
  18. Trussrod

Pankake Air Compressor on Sale @ Harbor Freight

Yesterday evening I purchased a Pancake Air Compressor - 3 gallon oilless from Harbor Freight. It's regularly $59.99 but till the 20th [I believe] with a coupon it's only $39.99! The printable coupon, 'Wouldn't Print', but they were good enough to work with me on it. A buddy did have the...
  19. Trussrod

MDC Box Cab Deisels & Climax Locos

This was originally writen in answer to another former fourm member but contains a lot of useful information uf your having problems with yours running right? > I have an MDC track cleaner that runs flawlessly for me and has for years with just the standard motor and gearing and does not run...
  20. Trussrod

What's your Branch line Car Stop Like?

As many of you may know I'm modeling a turn of the century Rail line and though I had previously made up some heavy timber car stops in the form of an upright fence/barier with bracing I thought some different types might lend a different effect for different areas, especially readly seen...

Back