Dockside O-4-0's

Trussrod

These are great little Loco's from many years back and their Walschaerts Valve Gear makes them a joy to watch running as they shift cars around from one location to another. ;)

It's unfortunate that that AHM/Rivarossi had to use drivers with such deep flanges to them, because when running on code 70 rail they are a real spike setter alright! :eek: Now I'll have to admit that I've always squeezed the flat heads of the little 5/16th" Railcraft spikes together to form a more pronounced spike head which does stick up a bit higher than normal but it doesn't affect any of my other little loco's?

I wonder if there isn't a farily easy way to get other brass tires that will wedge onto the loco's existing drivers tires and increase the height by about .022 or possibly an easy way to grind the flanges down to conform with the NMRA depth gauge?

90838[/ATTACH]"]
restorationCorrEnhBkgrnd-Reszd904x603jpg-1DSCF5495.jpg

Attachments

• restorationCorrEnhBkgrnd-Reszd904x603jpg-1DSCF5495.jpg
    restorationCorrEnhBkgrnd-Reszd904x603jpg-1DSCF5495.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 84
I wonder if a brass sleeve (ring) with an inside diameter of the wheel and a thickness to bring it up to the appropriate flange depth could be developed (or is already available)...

I wonder if a brass sleeve (ring) with an inside diameter of the wheel and a thickness to bring it up to the appropriate flange depth could be developed (or is already available)...

Ian,
Now that's a good thought, thanks for bringing it up. I kept thinking of ready made tires and flange but any flange would have to be removed to fit over the existing tire that on the loco.

That would be the simplest solution for sure and brass tubing comes in all sizes.

I'd have to measure the existing tire diameter at the flange as well as the outer edge but that's easily enough done.

Thanks for posting. ;)

Back