Search results

1. S

Micro Trains metal wheels

Has anyone tried the micro trains metal wheels for micro trains trucks? I’ve had good experiences with Fox Valley Models and Intermountain metal wheels but never tried the MT ones. Thanks in advance Steve Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. S

Train Painting inside Carl's Jr.

Couldn't help but snapping a photo of this awesome painting inside a Carl's Jr. while traveling through Los Angeles the other day. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. S

Hay Brothers loads and Micro Tripod stand

Short video review of several new items I just started using on my layout. Thanks for watching! Steve https://youtu.be/CMHHyZ6tc-0
  4. S

La Mesa Model Railroad in San Diego California

Had the opportunity to visit the La Mesa Model Railroad Museum yesterday and run some trains on the layout. What a phenomenal layout this is and the behind the scenes extras are mind blowing! Thanks again Mike for the invite and to some new friends made - Derek, Joseph, Major, John and many...
  5. S

SD-70ACe decoder install issues

Hi everyone, I went to install more dcc decoders tonight and ran into my first issue in the last 11 I've done. Layout is N scale. The problem is with a Kato SD-70ACe using a Digitrax DN163K1C decoder. I've followed all of the instructions using digitrax, kato and TCS procedures to make sure I...
  6. S

Two Locomotive Questions

I have two questions regarding my locomotives..... 1st question is I think I have a locomotive stuck in a consist - I can't remember which consist number it was part of if it was and can't figure out how to clear it. The locomotive is a Kato SD-45 with a TCS decoder. Can I just reset the...
  7. S

N scale Kato SD-40 DCC help

I'm upgrading my fleet to DCC but I am having a hard time finding out if all Kato N scale SD-40's are DCC ready or even compatible. Looks like Kato had several releases of the SD-40 and some I can find the specifics on but I have some from different releases and I'm not certain these are all...
  8. S

Weekly Photo Fun: January 16th - 23rd

Cool, I get to start one of my favorite threads.... Couple shot of my new N scale SD-70's in action..... Steve Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. S

Mixing MRC DCC Systems

Can you mix DCC systems on your layout? I have a MRC Prodigy Express systems that came with a couple DCC locomotives I purchased from someone getting out of the hobby. It's a great starter system but I am limited to things I can do with the Express system. For example the Express system...
  10. S

Loose DCC board

Installed a TCS decoder (ALD4) in an Atlas SD-60 and it's got an intermittent connection. When I install the shell it sometimes doesn't work once put on the track, taking the shell off and wiggling the decoder board usually fixes the problem until next time. My question is, I've read you can...
  11. S

Converting DC block to DCC

Hi all, I just purchased a DCC setup from someone getting out of the hobby and I'm doing my research before setting it up. My biggest concern is whether I'll have to wire my layout again or how much will I have to change with the existing wiring. Here is what I am running.... - N scale -...
  12. S

WPF Sept 5th - 12th

I'll start it off this week, got this compactor in the mail today and assembled for my "road under construction" project on the layout. Steve Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. S

N scale truck conversions

Been swapping out a lot of my trucks lately. Does anyone know what the micro trains equivalent of these Atlas 70 ton roller bearing trucks (22056) would be. Can't find the atlas ones as easy as micro trains so I may just carry on with MT if I can find a suitable substitute. Thanks in advance...
  14. S

Video software

Hi, can anyone recommend a good freeware video editing program on the internet that isn't full of addons and spam? I'm just trying to be able to rotate the view on some videos I shot with my iPhone so I can join them together. Thanks in advance! Steve Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. S

To backdrop or not...

So I'm doing an expansion on my layout and trying to get feedback from others whether I should add a backdrop in the expansion or not. The expansion consists of 4-5 more tracks being added to the yard on one side and then will have the rest contain industry/sidings etc branching off the...
  16. S

Help identify color and product

Hi all, looking for help in finding the right product to match the following items in the photos below.... I'm modeling N gauge in case it make a difference. Looking for a product brand and color name for the desert tan that is found throughout this photo (or as close as possible)...
  17. S

N scale roundhouse gunderson husky stack cars

Anyone else have major problems with their Roundhouse Gunderson Husky Stack cars? Seems like it is just one problem after another with these things. - They derail all the time. - They won't take turns or switches without derailing (mine are not sharp). - The pins come out of the roller trucks...
  18. S

Couple Scenery questions

Couple scenery questions that I have as I detail parts of my layout? 1. Do telephone poles running parallel to railroad tracks normally end at the tunnel... are the cables routed through the tunnel or up and over/around? 2. What are those pieces of extra rail called that are usually found on...
  19. S

Kato SD-40 keeps jumping track

Hi all, I have an N scale Kato SD-40 locomotive that keeps jumping the track and I'm not sure why. Bought off eBay about a year ago with little or no use if I recall. Loco is in great shape and doesn't look like it's ever been disassembled. It's a Kato Santa Fe loco, engine number 5014 and...
  20. S

Intermodal questions

Two questions for the experts.... Has anyone ever use the card kits you can buy to make intermodal shipping containers? If so how do you rate them, would you recommend them or just go with the plastic shipping containers? What do you use to keep the double stack shipping containers secure on...

Back