Search results

1. gator do 65

Live steam

though I would share! http://www.altdriver.com/general/the-power-of-the-santa-fe-3751-steam-engine/
  2. gator do 65

Reverse loop

Ok, without using a auto reverse module how would I wire the loop for DCC?
  3. gator do 65

I'm at a design block

I've got an area of 6'x16'( with possibility 0f 7' on the right side) in my dining room i'm looking for a layout in HO SCALE that has logging, coal, freight and 85' passenger excursion train double main w/elevation change and sidings for said industries located on the front side! Can someone...
  4. gator do 65

Consist questions

I'm new to the consist thing and would like to know a few things first. 1) Does the lead loco's cv settings go to all the loco's? 2) If not how do i fix this when using different decoder's i.e. soundtrax & TCS Currently I tried to consist using the soundtrax as the lead and tcs second, the...
  5. gator do 65

Start voltage

What is more realistic when running diesels, high or low start voltage's?
  6. gator do 65

Soundtraxx Tsunami Decoder

I just received a beautiful es44ac from IRC (THANKS BIGB) my question is what CV do I program to get the ditch lights to flash when I hit the bell (f1) button? If you could please give me the simple route as the instructions are fuzzy at best... Also when I call up that Locco it automatically...
  7. gator do 65

Something different

I found this and had to share
  8. gator do 65

Train in the snow

Thought I would share this http://jalopnik.com/watch-an-unstoppable-train-pummel-its-way-through-a-cra-1683852594
  9. gator do 65

What kind of tape

What kind of tape to use for masking HO loco/rolling stock?
  10. gator do 65

masking question

I've heard the term "Burnish the edge's of the tape", could someone please explain this to me? Thanks in advance!
  11. gator do 65

HO flextrack ?

OK, this is where i'm at, How many straight piece's of flex would you solder (in a straight line) together for a 34" R corner? I want to make my corners easy! And how would you go about it? Detail's please!
  12. gator do 65

Reverse loop question

Can I do two reverse loops like this? Also, Is there anyone with SCARM (stupid MAC) that could do up this layout? 15' 5" long x 8' right side x 6' 5" left side using all atlas turnouts, flex and very little sectional This is DCC and will be manually controlled reversing loops
  13. gator do 65

turnout questions

What are electrofrog turnouts and what are they used for? vs. insulated frog turnouts?
  14. gator do 65

Now I'm confused

The instruction manual for the TCS T1 shows multiple lighting affects for cv's 49, 50 & 8 some of those use the purple and green wires (ditch lights) does this decoder actually support these features? If so how would your wire a set of ditch lights, mars, gyra, strobe, etc.? Would it be...
  15. gator do 65

no lights

I installed my first TCS T1 decoder loco runs but no led lights? is the anode + or - obvious what the cathode will be! Or is it a cv setting
  16. gator do 65

new to DCC

Ok, I finally did it! I picked up the MRC Prodigy Express and three TCS T1 decoder's and now have some questions? 1) whats the purple and green wires used for? 2) whats the difference between 1,2,3... function decoders? 3) whats the difference between 8 and 9 wire decoders? 4) what...
  17. gator do 65

Ditch Lights, how big ?

I would like to add (build) ditch light's to a couple of SD's and a dash 9, I just can't find any dimension's for the housing's. Can anyone help with this? Scaling the computer screen hasn't worked out so well! LOL!
  18. gator do 65

Turnouts explained please

Ok guys and gals I need some explanation on turnout terminology? Such as; Frogs powered or non powered, #4,6... turnouts, snap turnout, tortious machine, and of coarse my mind is drawing a blank now! I know there is more! so if you can think of other strange named items that pertain to...
  19. gator do 65

wanting to convert

Ok, I want to convert to DCC but am unsure if I will be able to run DC on the same track at the same time? So my question is this, Is DCC backward compatible with DC? If so can I run in opposing directions? Can someone please explain my options?
  20. gator do 65

Progress on the H & A R.R.

It's been awhile since I last posted on my layout as it had become stagnant! Winters over... Well that changed with the addition of some more track (funny how that works) and rolling stock:) Now for some background; this layout started with a garage sale train set (95th anniversary H.D. MC. set)...

Back