Reverse loop

If it's coming back in reversed I don't think it will work without matching the polarity, if it's connected "wrong" my NCE will not function. A manual switch is the only way I can see it being done without an A.R.M.

Ok, without using a auto reverse module how would I wire the loop for DCC?
The same way you would use a DPDT for DC. The only difference is you don't have to also have a second switch for the main line. With DCC you can throw the switch to reverse the power right under the loco.

Why not just buy an DCC autoreverser? The best one is the PSX-AR by Tony's Trains. They sell for around $45.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Michael (Motley); with DCC, use an autoreverser. Either an NCE (~$25) or DCC Specialities (~$32) will do the job. Either will save you $40 in frustration over reversing manually.

Auto reverser is the way to go. Yeah, it's the cost of two top-grade boxcars already assembled, but...if you take care of it, it will last you for as long as you live. It works as soon as you power the rails. Fire and forget. Works silently without you realizing it is doing the phase reversing for you.

Ok, without using a auto reverse module how would I wire the loop for DCC?

fig3.jpg

Thanks for the input, AR is the way to go!

I am lucky to not be forced by space limitations to HAVE to have reverse loops.

Though apart from a roundhouse or the 'hand of god' method of turning them around, there is not much choice in the way you turn em.

Back