Search results

1. Smoke

Ski Train on the move

For those who are interested........ The Ski Train will soon be leaving Denver for the last time! The train has been pulled from Burnham (the three F40's and the 17 tempo cars -- NOT the "private" cars California, Utah and Kansas) and moved to North Yard. I have heard that UP 7126 might...
  2. Smoke

Quick paint question

Are both of these paints solvent based? The BNSF orange says solvent based but the BNSF green does not. I am looking at products # 270-110180 # 270-110181 http://www.walthers.com/exec/search?manu=&item=&words=restrict&split=30&category=Paint&scale=&instock=Q&keywords=BNSF&start=0...
  3. Smoke

CSX #136 decals

I have a question for those of you who model CSX. I have an AC4400CW that I am going to paint as CSX #136. Is either of these sets correct. The one set says that it is for Dash-8, Dash-9 and AC Powered GEs. That seems to fit my description but the Blue looks way too dark. The blue on the...
  4. Smoke

Littleton Colorado derailment!

Last nighta round 11:40 PM a south bound train loaded with sulfer derailed. I went down and checked out the mess. Here are some of the pics of the wreck. The tracks that look in good shape are the local light rail that has been shut down due to the derailment. The derailment has caused...
  5. Smoke

Big Announcement from Southern Railway

Southern Railway announces it's first Operation Lifesaver Locomotive. Today Southern Railway unveiled it's firts ever Operation Lifesaver Locomotive, SD70MAC #7162. "#7162 has been waiting in the wings till the right moment to unveil" Said Southern Railway president Andrew Earnest. "With all...
  6. Smoke

Csx #7535

I just finished this locomotive. Details added: -DA Safety chain on front and rear handrails -Metal lift rings -Brass horn, -Correct handrails -Operating ditchlights -Correct plow -Metal brake lines -Kadee #5 couplers -DCC Thanks for looking, -Andrew
  7. Smoke

Where to solder?

I have a DH165A0 that I am installing in a Atlas 8-40C. I know where to hook up the track wires the original headlights and the motor leads. I have two LED's that I have installed in some ditchlights, meaning I have four wires. where am I supposed to solder the wires? The LED's are 3.3 volts...
  8. Smoke

Athearn SD45T-2

Hey all, This is the thread where I will be documenting my progress on my Athearn SD45T-2. The model is a stock RTR model that will beconverted to a High hood and painted for Southern Railway. If you have any questions along the way please ask! Here is the model in it's original...
  9. Smoke

Kato C44-9w

For all you who like Dash 9's KATO is making a new run o the C44-9W's in HO. http://katousa.com/HO/C44-9W/index.html They are making SP, UP, and undec. I hope they follow these with thier SD80MAC.:D
  10. Smoke

Csx Sd70mac #720

Here is the project that I have been devoting most of my modeling time to. It is a KATO SD70MAC that has been heavily modified and weathered. First off I stripped the paint. then I added the extra weights on the loco and raised the engineers walkway. It then got a paint job and then got...
  11. Smoke

SD50 frame shots.....anyone??

Does anyone have any close up shots of a SD50? I am going to be detailing a SD50 and want to include all the cables and piping below the deck. I have looked through all of railpictures.net's SD50's and thought I might get some help from you. No specific road as they are all the same...
  12. Smoke

Modern day at it's finest!!

This is the first time that the New York Central, the Rock Island and the Southern Railway have been together on the same rails. The pictures are finally come out and you get to see them first. So, whaddya think? -Smoke
  13. Smoke

Intermodal Cars

Hi, I have been looking at intermodal and I have been dazed by all the options. I think I have settled on these cars from Walthers. http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/932-3942 Is there anything that I should know about these? I have seen some people put containers in these so I assume...
  14. Smoke

Intermodel prices?

Why are intermodel cars so friggin' expensive? They are all like $20 a car. Can't we have something like a regular Athearn RTR boxcar for $13?? Why is intermodal so expensive??? Can it be that hard to manufacture intermodal as oppesed to normal boxcars? Please give me some insight...
  15. Smoke

Stripping a BLI AC6000 Help!

Has anyone tried to strip a BLI AC6000? I have been trying to strip mine in 91% alcohol to no avail. The alcohol isn't bad because I just bought it. I have only been able to get the lettering off, not the actual paint. Any suggestions, Smoke
  16. Smoke

Burlingotn Northern SD80MAC is here!!!

I finally finished this beautiful loco. I added a couple extra details including a engineer and fireman a detailed cab and some MU line cables. As always this one will be sold on ebay in the near future. I'll get some better pictures up a little later. ENJOY!!!!!
  17. Smoke

Train line hose??

What is the red hose in this picture. http://www.detailswest.com/images/sd70leftnose.JPG Is it a train line hose or what is it. Thanks, Andrew
  18. Smoke

Removing KATO Sd80MAC cabs

How do I remove the cab of a KATO SD80MAC from the rest of the body? I can't seem to get it off and was wondering if there are any tricks. Thanks, Smoke
  19. Smoke

This one's for grande man

Here is my Rio Grande C44-9W that I custom painted. I thought he might want to see this, but that's just a hunch.:rolleyes:
  20. Smoke

Paint problem

I have a slight problem that I thought you guys might be able to fix. I've been painting locos recently and I have had the paint start to rub off. It only rubs off on the corners and edges. I have a glosscoat(future acrylic floor finish) on there and it still rubs off. I am using Badger...

Back