SD50 frame shots.....anyone??

Smoke

Southern Railway lives on
Does anyone have any close up shots of a SD50? I am going to be detailing a SD50 and want to include all the cables and piping below the deck. I have looked through all of railpictures.net's SD50's and thought I might get some help from you. No specific road as they are all the same.

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew,

Christopher at Railflyer just posted some reference material on traction motor cabling on his website. He sells the various "pillow blocks" you'd need to mount the traction motor cabling to the frame as a single photoetched fret (Walthers part number 631-6205). They have holes etched for routing 0.015" diameter solder (he sells this solder as well) along the frame to represent the cables.

In fact, you may want to browse his website to see what else he's got available. Not only can you get his parts through him, you can also get parts from the likes of BLMA and Cannon & Company through his website. I tend to buy a lot of parts online, so I generally buy from the place where I can get the most (if not all) of my order filled to reduce shipping costs.

Speaking of RailFlyer, I'm still waiting for a longer frame/walkway module, so I can build a better SD39.

this site is great. i have used it in the past for prototypes of rolling stock and power. photos by the pound of just about anything you want. sorted very nicely i might add.
Speaking of that, they recently re-did it. I used to hate searching my RR & sorting by model, because they were all weird. They're sorted by manufacturer and then model, now.

Back