Train line hose?? is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


BMSF Engineer
It isn't a hose. It is a MU cable, Multi-Unit cable. This is the connection electronically between the computers of the engines so when you lash them up and use the first engine in the consist as the master it tells all the other computers when to start applying power, brakes, dynamics etc. But it's not as easy as just plugging the engines in. There are control cabinets inside the cabs that you have to select if it's a trailing engine or dead engine just to name a few things you can do on the control cabinet.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section. - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.