Search results

1. M

Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVI

I had the same problem with my sons Xbox. I have to say he was very patient.
  2. M

Tsunami and Power Cab expert?

Jeff Have you thought about downloading a free program called JMRI to program your decoders? I have found using JMRI makes programming easier, I also have a NCE Powercab and Tsunami decoders. You'll need to purchase a NCE USB interface though. You can do a quick internet search to find out...
  3. M

Developing a new line of HO scale fishing boats. Any interests?

Cuxhaven May I suggest looking into using 3d printers instead of injection molds? I'm no expert on this subject but it would seem that costs would be cheaper per unit on a small run. Mike
  4. M

RailFlyer????????

Good to know. Thanks for sharing!
  5. M

A question as old as the 40's

How about a CNR Streamlined U-4-a?
  6. M

Another WTH Ebay Moment

Wow look at the price of this Look at the price being asked for this beat up old brass big boy. I noticed it has a couple of watchers, I bet they're interested to see if anyone will bite on this one. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ARTICULATED-MODEL-TRAIN-HO-BRASS-LOCOMOTIVE-/300979571257 There's "No...
  7. M

Went to the MRR show yesterday

Nice! I wish I lived close enough to go. Maybe one year!
  8. M

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thanks but please don't feel obligated if you're not comfortable doing it. (videos can be posted through photobucket)
  9. M

Antique Railroad Locomotive Bell

In my experience, a ship's bell is mounted to a vertical surface in a fixed position. The clapper had an eye cast on the bottom to attach a rope lanyard and the lanyard was pulled sideways to ring the bell. Also the clapper appears to be made of a ferrous metal, something I have never seen on...
  10. M

Video? Hi Jim Thanks again for sharing your layout build, I have enjoyed it very much! Any chance you could post a video of a loco running through your layout? Mike R
  11. M

The slow build of the un-named railroad

As I'm sure you are aware, swing bridges are typically used over narrow waterways like rivers where a fixed bridge would be too low to allow marine traffic to pass underneath. Realistically, not many vessels travelling up a narrow waterway would require over 21 meters clearance. But who says it...
  12. M

Show your storage solutions

Wow, Impressive shop! Thanks for sharing.
  13. M

Show your storage solutions

Hey MGWSY The photos that you posted in this thread back in 2008 (page 2) are no longer available. Would you be able to repost them? If you can, thanks!
  14. M

Combining 2 favorite hobbies

Umm...wouldn't something on 1/100th scale be smaller than the same item in 1/87th scale?
  15. M

Question about the dock Hello Jim Your work is fantastic! Thank you for sharing it here for us all to enjoy. I have a question about your dock, I have never seen one with the pilings butted up against each other before. Usually the pilings are spaced well apart from each other, 6 feet or...
  16. M

Model railroad magazines........

I am new to the hobby. I subscribe to Model Railroader and Model Railroad Hobbiest via the internet so my magazines are digital which I really like.
  17. M

CNR Steam question

Looks horizontal to me
  18. M

Winnipeg Station: 100 years

Awesome video! I used to live near Winnipeg in the early 70's when I was wee lad. Thanks for sharing
  19. M

'1943, Somewhere in England', N scale Monster Layout

Ok Mr. Carr, it's been almost a month now. Please update your progress on your fantastic layout!
  20. M

Larry's Model RR Empire

Larry some photos of how you wired the lighting would be most appreciated

Back