Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVI

The only hiccup on Christmas was trying to set up my grandson's PS4 online. I worked for over an hour updating router and modem firmware only to find out the network was down due to idiots with nothing better to do then to interrupt other peoples holiday. I read in the Washington Post the did it because they could.

Morning all. Eight degrees this morning with snow in the forcast for the next couple of days. Old 113 nailed the location of malfunction junction. Was busy bowling last night and didn't have time to give the location.

Morning All,

Not sure what is in the forecast for things to do today. We have one more mirror to put trim on in the house so that is probably part of it. Not sure if I will go to the club today. It is supposed to get up to 80 the next 3 days before heading back down to the 60's. I did a small cleaning in the garage yesterday, so we have a lot more walking room there.

I realized the other day I need to add another UP5 panel (Digitrax) on the inside of the layout for convenience. All the connections are on the one side because of the previous shape of the layout. Luckily that should be fairly inexpensive.

Karl- I hope it is not a herniated disc.

Bob- It is good to remember those we love that are gone.

Corey- I know what you mean about the food.

Louis- Nice looking boxcar.

I hope everyone has a good day.

The only hiccup on Christmas was trying to set up my grandson's PS4 online. I worked for over an hour updating router and modem firmware only to find out the network was down due to idiots with nothing better to do then to interrupt other peoples holiday. I read in the Washington Post the did it because they could.

I had the same problem with my sons Xbox. I have to say he was very patient.

Very depressing day. Went to my LHS , which is closing, and helped him move out some fixtures. Bare walls and memories don't make it. At least he lives about a half hour from my home and I'll be able to visit him. Yes and even meet Curt there.

Hope all youse folks are well.
Flip

By Bruette;

Montanan, from the news I have read, heard and seen that is exactly what their intentions were.

Sounds like the Grinch really did steal Christmas!

He didn't steal ours though! My wife and I found out today that we're going to be grandparents for the third time! Our son and daughter-in-law gave us the news at our family Christmas get together this afternoon! Needless to say, we were both very, very happy. I posted the details in the "BEST Christmas present EVER" thread. Next Christmas just got more expensive.

Greetings and hallucinations, everyone. I hope all who celebrate Christmas had a merry one, all who celebrate Hanukkah had a happy one, those who observe Festivus prevailed in the feats of strength and found satisfaction in the airing of the grievances, and for those who observe Kwanzaa, Harambee! I think the 80-hour work weeks may be easing off for me. The biggest time suck of the last few weeks has been getting all the final papers for the class I teach graded, and that got finished today. So after way, way too long, I will be resuming the layout work.

I got myself a new soldering iron with a chisel tip some time back, so first step is soldering more feeders to track and turnouts. Tomorrow afternoon, I hope.

Missed you all and all best wishes....

Sent from the DairyStatePhone. Typoes and bad auto corrects included at no extra charge.

I have been catching up this evening on the forum and saw the news about the coffee shop's namesake. Very sad to hear that. My condolences, however belated, to all who had the opportunity to know him in person. Rest in peace, Running Bear.

... My wife and I found out today that we're going to be grandparents for the third time! Our son and daughter-in-law gave us the news at our family Christmas get together this afternoon! Needless to say, we were both very, very happy. I posted the details in the "BEST Christmas present EVER" thread. Next Christmas just got more expensive.

Congratulations Bob!!!

You got the BEST Christmas present, no contest!

pouring_coffee1-Copy.png

Good Morning! Today is Sun 12/28/14.

Sunny with a high of 34. Staying home today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

trainwreck.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

5d6398a3-5ea8-49e9-a8e5-cd09f54d84ae_zpsc51d3c89.png

IN MEMORIAM - JEFFREY WIMBERLY

Good morning Everybody!

45 with cloudy skies in southeast Baltimore

Things have slowed down a bit after the Christmas rush and the Christmas celebrations.

Looking forward to games with my grandson and football!

Enjoy the Holidays everybody!

Been having a hectic time since 2 days before Christmas (as if it wasn't already with a couple of household items breaking down), as my Son from England called (I think as they were boarding the plane) to tell he and his wife'd be arriving on Christmas day. Fortunately they went to her parents place first so a slight respite was given, but it was still a scramble to get the spare room cleared of junk and ready to receive them. (new curtains of course etc.) They're hoping to return home to Aus after about 15 years living away and hoping to settle in Tasmania (look-out Rodney) but it won't be till probably well into next year if plans work out. They don't think they could stand the hot weather here in Queensland, but as they said, a 3 hour flight is a lot better than 30 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toot, I hope that things work out so your son and daughter-in-law get to move considerably closer to you.

Thanks, Louis, it was a GREAT present!

I told my boy that he just threw a wrench in the works as far as my wife and I moving someplace warmer to retire. He just turned to me, grinned and said "Sorry". They're both happy and so is everyone else. Oh, well!

Good morning. It's 44, under lowering skies.
We are at my wife's younger sister's house, and will be heading back as soon as I get my wife moving. I made the mistake last Monday of parking my truck in the back yard, out of the way of our impending company. Christmas evening, after three days or so of rain, I tried to move it, so I could drive it to work Monday morning. To say it is wet and muddy in the yard is an understatement. The truck started spinning its wheels as soon as I put it in reverse. I was waiting until today to try again to move it, after several days to dry out, it might move on its own without a hefty bill from the towing company. Right now, we will be racing the weather home.

Good morning guys

44, cloudy with impending rain by game time tonight. Good thing too, that way the Ravens fans wont look so much like they are crying when they leave the stadium tonight. Sorry Louis, but we have to face up to another year, no post season, barring some late Christmas miracle.

Staying inside today. My back is not feeling the love after spending yesterday working in the garage. Lots to do here, trains to fix and a pile of stuff to go on eBay,, so I'll be busy

Terry,,, you're not supposed to plow the yard with a pickup!! :rolleyes:

Bob, congrats! Now you have another opportunity to develop a new railfan!

Thurmont_Station.jpg

L8ter gang!

Back