Search results

1. R

Painting/weathering under rolling stock

Hi all, Been awhile since I last posted but this winters project is getting all or most of my rolling stock painted or weathered. I have searched for photo's of the under-carriage and have struck out thus far. I'm basically interested in how the bottoms of the cars would look. I.E...
  2. R

rebuild bachmann stock car

Hi all, as mentioned in another thread. I'm rebuilding some broken cars I got from an antique shop several years ago. Most where simple repairs such as trucks, new wheels and couplers. I saved the worst for last. 2 tyco stock cars and one Bachmann. The 2 tyco where pretty easy as the...
  3. R

Need help identifing a car

Hello, I'm currently rebuilding some antique shop purchases I picked up a frew years back and set aside until now. I have one car that I can't identify and my LHS guy says he has never seen one before. ( he is a younger gentleman) anyway. http://strykercombatgroup.com/IMG_0712.JPG It...
  4. R

Need advise on DCC

Hi all, I'm currently running ops in DC. I would like to do remote operations so I can walk around the basement and be able to observe areas that will be in a second room. My LHS suggested I switch over to DCC and get a zephyr from Digitrix. As this is going to be a major purchase and...
  5. R

WC project

Hi all, Ok, Following my BNSF project thread. Which seems to not be going as planned. I have taken the BN 6615 (F45) out of that project and will put it into my WC project. at 1st glance. this has a lot of clean up work that needs to be done. It does run but not very well if you can...
  6. R

BNSf Project

Hi all, I came across a few wrecked models from an auction a few years back and have decided to do something with them. I want to turn these into BNSF loco's but my problem is I have trouble identifying makes and models. ( if it isn't in a package I can't guess the correct ones lol) SF 1102...
  7. R

looking for Software

Hi all, Been out of the loop for a few months. ( model railroading kinda comes around late winter and spring for me) Anyway, I thought there was a section on the available software for running your trains and loads but I don't see it listed here. What I'm looking for is a program that...
  8. R

Members from Iowa

Hi all, Just starting a thread for Iowa members. I'm from Newton
  9. R

Expanding layout Qyestions.

Need some advise on expanding my layout. (and a design program lol) I have received the green light to expand my layout. I have 2 rooms in my basement that I can do this with. However, I need some advise to make the transition from room to room and still be able to walk through the door...
  10. R

Diesel Era loco resouce pictures

I was wondering if there is a resource page (s) that show pictures of the diffrent Model Railroad companies chassis for identification of year it was made. I would like to date some of my recent loco puchases.
  11. R

engine derails on curves

On the same note of the other thread "Cars derai"l... I bought 2 SD45 from a consignment table. Same make and manufacture. One is in excellent condition and runs great. the other is in excellent condition and runs great on straight but as it enters the curve one truck doesn't want to turn...
  12. R

Staging area/ coal loading ballast

Just wondering which ballast I should use for my staging area? I was considering using the same ballast as my main line. Also, how heavy of coal should I put on my coal company loading track? I tried to make it look like spilled coal over sand. Thanks for the input.
  13. R

Bachman misprint

Bachman misprint? Just thought I would share what I found. CN 50' Steel Reefer #209872 One side of the car says Canadian and the other side says canadien.
  14. R

Power Pack question

Hi all, I have a "train Pack" from Model Rectifier Corp. Input= 120 VAC, 60Hz Output= 15VDC, 17 VAC Total Output= 7.5 VA This power pack has always been "good Nuff" in the past. I am now getting serious about running my trains and will probably stay DC as I plan to only run one train...
  15. R

Rock Island layout

Hi all, I little history for my Rock Island Railroad. As all lines are either dismantled or in use by Iowa Interstate. I won't be modeling any specific area. My Rock Island will be a mix of historical units with a modern feel. a "what if" type of railroad so to speak. I cleared...
  16. R

A DCC question

Not entirely sure where to post this but... My rail road is not DCC. If I bought a DCC ready loco. How would it preform on a non DCC layout? (Doubtful I'll buy one but just in case)
  17. R

Software question

I have been doing some research into software. I have found many with track layout etc. I am wondering if there is software for generating shipment? I have a train book that outlines outgoing, incoming, and transfer shipments.
  18. R

Parts for an RS3

Hi all, I recently accuired an HO RS-3. I will need to replace the rails as it is a wire/plastic combo and many where broken or missing. Where would be a good source to reseach the diffent manufactures parts? (other than my brick an mortar) This loco is an Roundhouse products 2350 series.
  19. R

C415 project

Hello all, Just joined the forum and looking for some help. I have decided to do a C415 and RS3 duo from a photo I saw from the net. linked below. I'm a Rock Island fan and while searching through web sites I found a nice photo of these 2 work horses. #423 (C415) and #456 (RS3) RS3...

Back