BNSf Project

RIRRfan

Hi all,

I came across a few wrecked models from an auction a few years back and have decided to do something with them.

I want to turn these into BNSF loco's but my problem is I have trouble identifying makes and models. ( if it isn't in a package I can't guess the correct ones lol)

SF 1102 is a tyco
BN 6615 ?
BN 853 says made in Austria

picture.php

picture.php

As these models have a lot of corrosion and missing lots of parts I will more than likely convert to none powered units.

My questions are Will any of these fit into a BNSF roster and what are the make and model of these?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
The Warbonnet Tyco looks like a Alco C636.
The BN cab unit looks like a EMD SDP45.
The bottom unit likes like a Alco or GE. Alco 424 maybe?

If the last one says "made in Austria" then it may be an Atlas.

As BN and ATSF aren't my roads, I can't say for sure.

the BN 6615 is an F45 looks to be an Athearn. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe all of the F45s were gone from BN before the merger.

With the info provided so far.

BN 853 is close to a C-424 but the rear hood , number board and lights are wrong for a C-424.

BN 6615 is an F45 and I'' revert this one to my WC line. this one has hope of "maybe" running! ( Needs front and rear hand rails and the left front steps are gone.)

Finally found something concrete for the Tyco SF 1102 Loco.

Tyco lists it as a Super 630. I can only find pictures of model trains in 4 color schemes.
So far I have not run across any real life photo's of this particular Loco. Could this just be a promotion from Tyco based after no real Loco?

BN 853 is a C-424 Not sure what road to try and put it under. Guess just leave it as BN, repaint, clean de motor etc...

BN6615 is an F45. this will head over to the Wisconsin Central maintenance shed for overhaul and repainting.

I'll just keep an eye out for some geep's or something more suitable for BNSF.

The Warbonnet Tyco looks like a Alco C636.
The BN cab unit looks like a EMD SDP45.
The bottom unit likes like a Alco or GE. Alco 424 maybe?

If the last one says "made in Austria" then it may be an Atlas.

As BN and ATSF aren't my roads, I can't say for sure.

If it's made in Austria, it can be Atlas, Roco, Con-Cor, or Tyco. Roco is the actual manufacturer in Austria and made many locos for Atlas, Con-Cor, and Tyco and were branded as such.

EDIT: After doing some research, it is a Roco model imported (and branded) by/for AHM. Atlas' imported C42- series were all made by Kato (and later Atlas)

Sorry for the incorrect information. I had thought (wrongly) that anything made in Austria was for Atlas by Roco. I thought Tyco was from the Far East, and didn't know about Austrian made Tyco. I thought others were from Yugoslavia or Italy.

Don't get me wrong. Most locos and rolling stock labeled Austria are made by Roco, but are imported by other companies which slap their own brand onto the locos and cars. Roco was a manufacturer that did contract manufacturing.

Back