Expanding layout Qyestions.

RIRRfan

Need some advise on expanding my layout. (and a design program lol)

I have received the green light to expand my layout. I have 2 rooms in my basement that I can do this with.

However, I need some advise to make the transition from room to room and still be able to walk through the door ways.

Main room is a 14'x10' with an L shape 8'x8' layout.

Hallway is a 2'x2' (the rest is a shelf) I'll build a pass through here 18"x2'

Workshop= Available space is 8'x30"

Spare and last room is a 10'x10' area

Main (west), Hallway and workshop (east) spare room (south)

I need to span from main to hallway and workshop to spare room.
What is the best way to build bench work and still walk from room to room?

Are the rooms next to each other? If they are I would cut a tunnel through the wall. This would make it easier to transition from one scene to another. Sheetrock is fairly easy to repair if you ever move.

I have a wall the runs along the workshop and main room.
I'll try and free hand the demensions and scan it in for view.

The 2 areas in yellow highlight is what i need help with. These are walk through areas for walk around.

The wife suggested to use the exhisting work bench and build a tunnel through the wall to the 10'x10' spare room... But I will still need the work bench and space for wood working.

Unless anyone wants to buy a tablesaw, Scroll saw, Router, belt sander and drill press???

Last edited by a moderator:
Would there be any way to come from the left side of the basement? If you could then follow the outside wall to the lower left corner and along the bottom (or South if your drawing is oriented North).

Brakeman, if it were me, I would consider going beneath the stairs and moving my expansion area adjacent to the stairs unless there is some reason that area is off limits.
One man's opinion.

Best

edj

well, I did think of that but along that lower left (SE) corner starting from the stairway is water pipes, washing machine, dryer, main water meter and would be about 40 feet
(-) of shelf lay out...

I would then Have to build a helix over the main layout to get the shelf high enough to get over and by everything...

It is a thought.

Back