Search results

1. HO Scale MILW

What paint is best for HO Scale plastic models?

Hey all, I'm taking on a new project this next week, yet I'm not sure what paint I need to buy. I would like to get a model spray paint, yet I don't know what would be best. I'm trying to recreate WSOR Northern Pass. What paint should I purchase? It can't be gloss. Another thing I am lost on is...
  2. HO Scale MILW

WSOR Horicon Paint Shop

After researching the WSOR extensively, I noticed that a lot of railroads have had their locomotives painted in Horicon. I know that a handful of heritage locomotives have been painted there, but I am unsure if they are still doing paint work there, (and yes, I know this isn't model RR related...
  3. HO Scale MILW

Ho scale 22" Radius

So for my next layout I am going to have 22" Radius curves, because that is the widest I can do, but I also like large 6-Axel diesel locomotives. I know for most locomotives the min radius is 18" but recommended is 22", but I was just wondering if 22" could be damaging at all to larger...
  4. HO Scale MILW

Respirator when doing model railroading things?

Recently I've been thinking about things many of us do when model railroading, and how potentially harmful they are. For example, cutting foam with a saw or hot wire, using resin for rivers, and spray painting. Does anyone recommend that I ware a respirator or mask when doing these things?
  5. HO Scale MILW

Model Railroad Crisis!

Hi all, now to start off, I am not getting out of model railroading, but am instead suffering a crisis. (In my opinion a crisis). The crisis in question is that I have not been in the model railroading spirit for the past week and I am just wondering does this happen to most modelers? I've been...
  6. HO Scale MILW

New Athearn F59phi

Hi all, I saw earlier today the new Athearn RTR F59phi locomotives I have been anticipating came out, and was wondering if anyone has/has plans to get one. Here are the photos of em'. I'm thinking about the Milwaukee road, or CNW, or Rock Island, so honestly any. Athearn's website has somewhat...
  7. HO Scale MILW

A Question of Crossings

Hi all, so recently, I bought some Walthers Scenemaster HO Scale Crossing flashers, and I plan to buy the Walthers Crossing Signal Control box. I think it comes with sensors. I was just wondering, what all goes into wiring crossings into the control box? Will I have to buy anything more? How do...
  8. HO Scale MILW

Ho Scale CP Layout Build, A Continuous Thread

Hi all, this is a continuous thread that I hope to keep going for the next year and a half, pertaining my building of a Wisconsin based layout, going from Milwaukee to Hartland. Currently I am in the planning phase, crunching numbers, making sketches. Over the next year and a half, I'll post...
  9. HO Scale MILW

How Can I Get My Camera To Work Better When Railfanning?

I know this isn't a model railroad subject, but I'm still curious. I use a Cannon Powershot SX200is, and it takes pretty good photos in evening, golden light with clear skies, but not so much any other time of day or with cloudy skies. I've tried many settings, such as Auto, AV (aperture...
  10. HO Scale MILW

HO Scale Amtrak on Switching Layout

Above are some shots of my fictional, 2 car Amtrak train, the Northern Valley Star, based out of a fictional Wisconsin town, Northern Valley. The switching layout does not resemble any location or era in particular, but VERY VERY LOOSELY resembles Lennox, SD in the 1980s. There are also 2 guest...
  11. HO Scale MILW

Static Grass help

So yesterday I picked up a static grass applicator, Woodland Senics, and some 12 MM light green static grass. I only tried a small small area on the layout, maybe 2 square inches, but it did not work so well. I used a tack-like glue and tomorrow I am getting some regular white glue which I will...

Back