What paint is best for HO Scale plastic models?

HO Scale MILW

A Normal, Regular, Train Fan
Hey all, I'm taking on a new project this next week, yet I'm not sure what paint I need to buy. I would like to get a model spray paint, yet I don't know what would be best. I'm trying to recreate WSOR Northern Pass. What paint should I purchase? It can't be gloss. Another thing I am lost on is what type of paint should I buy? It is all very confusing, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you plan on dealing, then you need gloss. Best if you apply a clear gloss finish after the colors. After dealing, apply a dull coat or satin coat. Paint colors. To use proper colors to matc, the easiest is to go over to tru-scale paints. If they don't have it, then the closest color match possible. The modern paints don't really need a primer, because they are formulated for plastics. Tru-scale can also coat brass and metals with no primer. But usually a primer is recommended anyway. any of the water based paints it is best to wash the model in soap and water first for best adhesion. if you brush or airbrush on, then you need to pay attention to exactly what bottle you grab. most paint lines, Ammo-Mig, Vallejo, truscale and others have formulations for airbrush and formulations for brush. Same colors just altered for application method.

Back