Coffee shop one-three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris - congrat's on the gator win!

Jim - congrats on Prattville winning the HS championship!

Rex - condolences! Time to drown your sorrows in a good op session, eh?

Well, it's a night of mixed joy and sorrow here in Prattville. The Lions did indeed win 16-13 in a really sloppy game where all the points were scored by the defense and special teams. It was only a shanked field goal by Hoover with six seconds left that kept the game from going inot overtime. We won but I certainly don't think we had much to be proud of.

The Tide, OTOH, played three quarters of great football and should have won if they played in the fourth quarter. Instead, we let Tebow & Co. march up and down the field and score 14 unanswered points. Not playing for four quarters has been a problem for us all year and it caught up with us tonight. Florida was the better team and they will well represent the SEC in the BCS.

Chris, no defib needed here since I thought Alabama was going to have a tough time of it against the Gators. I thought the game would be a little closer though. Congratulations to the Gators. I don't know if it will be Oklahoma or Texas but they should be a tough opponent against either team. I know most Bama fans will be cheering the gators on for the big one.

Other than that, I just about froze to death watching the game. It's hard to believe that a few months ago I was watching football in a shorts and a T-shirt. It was down to 32 at game time and even lower by the end. It was worth it to see Prattville win a three-peat but it would have been even better if both teams had won. :(

Glad Prattville won, Jim, regardless of how.
BAMA/Florida: Closer game? Darn, they went through 3 quarters, point for point with Bama leading most statistics. The 3d quarter was all BAMA. It wasn't until a stupid mistake causing a 15 yard penality, did Florida start to move in the 4th. Alabama didn't quit in the fourth quarter, but made a couple of costly mistakes. Yes, Florida is the better...the score says that, but it doesn't show there was only 35 yards difference in total yards and that Florida only pulled ahead in the last 9 minutes of the game. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
12-07-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress.png

Lest We Forget
December 7, 1941

Good morning.

It's 36 and clear with some haze. High is expected to be around 60 and it will be partly cloudy.

I got some decal work done yesterday on the SDP40F's. The Amtrak name and logo were removed and the L&A logo was added on the side of the cab of each unit. There are still several more units to decal and I'll get to them eventually.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/7/2008

Wind Chill: 36°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 34°F

So Far Today
High: 38°F
Low: 35°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NNE

Today High: 60 Partly cloudy. Highs around 60. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 38 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/P1010032-1.jpg

"Flo, Get The Bama Boys a Breakfast and coffee in a Gators cup! It's on me..........:)"

GO GATORS!

Jeff, Your right:eek: Due to a really Gooood game we almost forgot! They Bomd us, We nuked them, and Their cars roam our roads!:rolleyes:

Steve, Nice Picture! Your right they will be back but, May Be next year the Bama will win;):D

Rex, nice to see you made it through the night;) must have been rough though:(.

Jim, that was one tight game. I too thought it was going to be closer, hell i thought it was going to be one of thoughs over time type games:confused:

Mornin' fellas; A big cup of Tea for me Flo, but skip the gator cup, I got my own SRR cup.

Got to say those ballgames yesterday were mighty good. No matter whose team won.

Jim;
Congrats to P'ville for their victory. The CSS, (College Sports South), broadcast the entire highschool playoffs here starting Thursday. Two of the teams playing and winning was from Mobile area, Vigor High and Wright/University. When I was in HS, our team used to play them each year. We didn't make the playoffs ever as there weren't any back in "them days". Our team did come in second twice, based on the win/loss records.

Been a rotten weekend otherwise. Have had to start prep for a cardiac stress test on Monday. Hate when I have to go thru the decrease this med, increase this one and stop this one routine. I always wonder if I did it right. Doc decided to run one as she said, its been 5 yrs. since the last one and time to do it again. Ugh! PITA to start to get old!

For all you history buffs out there, who would like to learn some more about the Pearl Harbor attack, my suggestion is you read Gordon Prange's "At Dawn We Slept". He was a member of Gen Mcarthur's staff during and after the war. The general tasked him with finding out as much as possible about the attack after the war. He became so interested in the twists and turns of this he spent almost 40 yrs researching the attack, and its aftermath, interviewing as many of the surviving participants both US and Japan. He even became lifelong friends with both Fuchida, (who led the attack), and Genda, who planned it.

Ironically Genda was denied a veterans pension by the Japanese government after the war because he hadn't made any 'relevant' contribution.

Carey - I took a WWII history course at the UofMD in the Spring of 1980, with Dr. Prange as the professor. He was one of the few instructors who was universally respected by students and faculty alike. He kept us spellbound with his stories. Unfortunately, when I signed up for the course he had been battling cancer for awhile. After the 5th week of the class he became too ill to continue teaching and another professor had to cover for him. He passed away on the day I took my final exam for that course :(

Ironically Genda was denied a veterans pension by the Japanese government after the war because he hadn't made any 'relevant' contribution.

Not that it really mattered, as Genda joined JAL shortly after the war and became one of their top pilots. IIRC he eventually became a VP at the company and after retirement lived a quiet life until he died.

Fuchida became a Christian Evangelist in Japan and died in the 1960's from cancer.

Carey - I took a WWII history course at the UofMD in the Spring of 1980, with Dr. Prange as the professor. He was one of the few instructors who was universally respected by students and faculty alike. He kept us spellbound with his stories. Unfortunately, when I signed up for the course he had been battling cancer for awhile. After the 5th week of the class he became too ill to continue teaching and another professor had to cover for him. He passed away on the day I took my final exam for that course :(

I would have liked to have met him. Two military officers finished his book for him so it could be published. They, (the officers), were going to publish it as one big book, but the publisher thought it would be better if they split it into two. The first one, I've already mentioned, "At Dawn We Slept", the second one is "Miracle at Midway". Same format as the first, and both are absolutely super reading.

The movie of the attack, "Tora, Tora, Tora", was based on Dr Pranges original "Tora, Tora, Tora" and Stanislas Farago's "The Broken Seal".

I bet that more than one TV station will be broadcasting the movie today.

I always thought this interesting:
Tora Tora Tora....code-words that were used by the Japanese to indicate that complete surprise was achieved (虎 tora is Japanese for "tiger", but in this case, "To" is the initial syllable of the Japanese word 突撃 totsugeki, meaning "charge" or "attack", (go. go. go) and "ra" is initial syllable of 雷撃 raigeki, meaning "torpedo attack").

Jim/Chris: You guys must have forgotten the first three and 1/2 quarters. Define close.

Steve: The Alabama Fan Support group appreciate your unwavering support and dedication. We have one more to go, the Sugar Bowl, so don't go away.

A side note to all the weekends ball games: Tebo, the Florida quarterback, is not only the best all around quarterback ever, but also a person of unblemished character and moral standards. Support the hype for Tebo winning the Heisman Trophy.

No I don't vote, but it felt good to say that. ;)

Hey Rex,
Thought I would look for you in here... since I didn't get an email from you after the game.:D
Well, it was a great game and someone had to lose.(just glad it wasn't the Gators!) I was on the edge of my seat the entire game. I didn't relax until the last minute of the game.

Maybe we'll have a rematch next December.

And to be honest, Oklahoma scares the crap out of me. I don't know if they are that good or if Missouri is that bad.

Go Gators
Dave

Well, the end to another busy day. I woke up to do an in depth refreher study on Revelation chapter 13 (the 666 chapter), then I went to teach on it. Once class was over I came home to spend the day working on the deck in the back yard. After a hot bath to soak the tired muscles and drink a cup of Hazelnut Cream Coffee I'm finally getting to sit down and catch up with you all. I can't wait to go back to work tomorrow and get a break from this Hunny Do list! :)

And you can't drag me into this Gators controversy............I won't go! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back