Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done !

index.php

index.php
Ermmm, question Christian, did the Dino's and Dragons eat your trains as well as the scenery ? :D

Afternoon All,

Started out with a walk at 50F and currently it's 74F. I did several chores this morning then drove Dad to his VA appointment which killed the afternoon. All I feel like doing is sitting on my backside. Of course, I have to cook supper since MOH isn't here. :( Tomorrow is back to the layout.

Sherrel- Hope your adventure today with SWMBO was nice. Sorry to hear about your furry family member. We're going through the same thing with our eldest skunk. It sucks.

James- Nice looking boat.

Swal- Nice looking dog.

Christian- Good to see you starting the layout..

Smudge- At least it's not next year!.

Willie- Nice layout shots.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Hey everyone, chilly afternoon here! I hope you all are having a good day. Yep, pretty common for Athearn Products to be delayed. Not much going on here, thinking about getting a Scaletrains Illinois Central or BC Rail ET44ac. Having seen both in real life many times, I can say I definitely want a model. It would be realistic to think Walthers Mainline would make them, so maybe I'll wait around for the possibility. Recently I have been shopping on amazon for some Woodland Scenics Just-Plug lights. My next layout I want to be lighted, and having tried Just-Plug before I can say that it is a pretty simple way to get some nice layout lighting. I heard that the CPKC Merger has passed another stage, only took 2 years! 😂

Smudge- Yep, pretty common for Athearn! This is what happened with their Sd70m-2, it was supposed to come out months ago, but, keeping along their tradition, it was delivered about 2 weeks ago.

Boris- Like I said before, pretty typical for Athearn. Personally I like Kato P42s, I dunno why, I just do. Also they are a lot cheaper! Only problem is that they lack many details that Athearn models have.

Smudge- Yep, pretty common for Athearn! This is what happened with their Sd70m-2, it was supposed to come out months ago, but, keeping along their tradition, it was delivered about 2 weeks ago.
I don't think you can blame Athearn for this one, because of the zero covid China enforced until recently, a lot of the factories have now had large number of workers go sick as it's spread through the country so production has either slowed significantly or stopped altogether, where as the rest of the world has pretty much recovered from it. I know several companies that are having similar issues as their goods are also made in China

I don't think you can blame Athearn for this one, because of the zero covid China enforced until recently, a lot of the factories have now had large number of workers go sick as it's spread through the country so production has either slowed significantly or stopped altogether, where as the rest of the world has pretty much recovered from it. I know several companies that are having similar issues as their goods are also made in China
True, True. All this stuff was announced during the pandemic, so supply chain issues indeed!

Boris- Like I said before, pretty typical for Athearn. Personally I like Kato P42s, I dunno why, I just do. Also they are a lot cheaper! Only problem is that they lack many details that Athearn models have.
I should have gone with Kato....my plan was for a display model, and since I ran P-42s in Keystone service up to 110 MPH, I wanted one for the shelf. It doesn't fit in with the theme of my layout. (I'm stretching it running RDCs, as it is).

because of the zero covid China enforced until recently,
Nothing said that they had to continue importing from China. We all knew the despotic regime had everyone locked down, so they could have had them made in any number of low wage countries that did not live under the same draconian regulations as the CHICOM. I know you can't beat the labor costs of slave labor, but for what they charge, they could still make money making their products in Brazil, Argentina, or some other place that's not a potential enemy. I'm really tired of Covid as a catch all excuse for everything.

One reason I never buy anything listed as "pre order". Hopefully they live up to their delivery date this time

I learned several years ago that there was almost never a need to pre-order something. If you were aware and watching, then it is available to purchase somewhere.

How many of us have been caught with several pre-orders arriving at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back