Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking at this Bowser M630 locomotive, but the reviews of Bowser loco's is quite mixed regarding reliability and detail, does anyone have one that could give me a honest opinion of them.

One of the reason I fenced in our back yard years ago was our Italian Greyhound Girdget. She could run about 30 mph and be gone in a flash. No chance of catching her.

Gidget_a.JPG

Morning all,

Not much yet but expecting a ***tstorm when the city manager gets in. Seems the council members who demanded city emails are unhappy that since the move, their not getting emails forwarded to their personal emails boxes, when we specifically asked our provider not to allow email forwarding (security and privacy reasons).

60° and mostly cloudy, Temps falling to 35° by 5:00p with rain and a possibility for snow.

BBL

I've been looking at this Bowser M630 locomotive, but the reviews of Bowser loco's is quite mixed regarding reliability and detail, does anyone have one that could give me a honest opinion of them.

Other than a C630 and a pair of C636’s, which were gutless wonders, I’ve liked them.
They run well and have very good detail. The M630 you have linked came after the weak motor issue, so it should be fine.

Other than a C630 and a pair of C636’s, which were gutless wonders, I’ve liked them.
They run well and have very good detail. The M630 you have linked came after the weak motor issue, so it should be fine.
Thank's it's always a little difficult when choosing a new (to me, anyway) manufacturer that I have no experience with, and as I said Bowser has had mixed reviews regarding some of their locomotives.

PATRICK - Good luck with that firestorm! Oh, to be a fly on the wall!

JAMES - Nice rig - pretty pictures! I like that cover ... it can get pretty warm on the water.

CHRISTIAN: YAY on the layout!

GEORGE: Now you really have me thinking on the # of locomotives. May even still have close to that number - does Lionel count (even restoring onesin pieces) ? After the 80's divorce, I sold most of my O gauge collection knowing I would never have room for them again - lots of brass!

48 degrees this morning looking for 62 with mostly cloudy. The rain yesterday came in spurts allowing the pups several chances to get out without really getting wet. I laugh about it - the big dog, along with a Border Collie mix years ago - when I WAS IN LAUGHLIN, would have a race to see which one coulld hit the water first -- they loved the water on the Colorado. I have some pics somewhere of the two of them.
Well - I stepped in it again. I told the Spousal Unit that I would take her out today and she asked where to which I said, The Swing Inn Cafe .. I think they have a real floor now, LOL.
So she says that she wants to try one of the Wineries a couple miles down the road - I SAID OK!
IT'S A SPANISH TYPE "fancy, high falootin named place" dammit! I'll probably be expected to wear long pants and shoes with socks! Anyway, I have been sitting here trying to read (decipher) the menu which almost has mostly words that I cannot pronounce and prices that I cannot fathom!
OK, I am not getting any younger, and father always said that he has never seen a U-Haul following a hearse; so ... out comes the credit card again and maybe, just maybe, I'll get lucky tonight!

I'll be around - FLO, A BLT sounds good this morning with fries and a coke.

Good morning as it is 3:14 as I start this after 5 good hours of sleep. Dinner last night was good nothing memorable either way but everyone seemed to have a good time. Today is the final of 4 days of golf and while I have enjoyed it I am still not in my mind wanting to play everyday.

No model trains of course out here and I think the withdrawal shakes and tremors have subsided. I did go back a few pages here to catch up on the diner news. I have sort of been reading about the banking misfortunes but this morning they are writing about Credit Suisse the huge bank out of Switzerland. The Swiss really manipulated that one, let the world know the bank is in trouble but no help coming. Then the bank stock falls, someone then starts buying up the bank stock and the next morning the Swiss loan the bank 50 billion to prop up the bank. Stock strangely shoots up… Someone made a killing in the stock market yesterday. Can you say INSIDER TRADING.

Even though I have received some items at home since we left. I need some model train retail therapy. But, 1st I need my walk

enjoy the day
E5239C62-02DB-486B-94AA-6CAD2A30EABB.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank's it's always a little difficult when choosing a new (to me, anyway) manufacturer that I have no experience with, and as I said Bowser has had mixed reviews regarding some of their locomotives.
I have heard ok things and great things about Bowser. I have been tempted to buy both the Sd40-2W’s and especially the Sd30C-eco. Those I have heard are great. But, never having had Bowser I am leary.

PATRICK - Good luck with that firestorm! Oh, to be a fly on the wall!

JAMES - Nice rig - pretty pictures! I like that cover ... it can get pretty warm on the water.

CHRISTIAN: YAY on the layout!

GEORGE: Now you really have me thinking on the # of locomotives. May even still have close to that number - does Lionel count (even restoring onesin pieces) ? After the 80's divorce, I sold most of my O gauge collection knowing I would never have room for them again - lots of brass!

48 degrees this morning looking for 62 with mostly cloudy. The rain yesterday came in spurts allowing the pups several chances to get out without really getting wet. I laugh about it - the big dog, along with a Border Collie mix years ago - when I WAS IN LAUGHLIN, would have a race to see which one coulld hit the water first -- they loved the water on the Colorado. I have some pics somewhere of the two of them.
Well - I stepped in it again. I told the Spousal Unit that I would take her out today and she asked where to which I said, The Swing Inn Cafe .. I think they have a real floor now, LOL.
So she says that she wants to try one of the Wineries a couple miles down the road - I SAID OK!
IT'S A SPANISH TYPE "fancy, high falootin named place" dammit! I'll probably be expected to wear long pants and shoes with socks! Anyway, I have been sitting here trying to read (decipher) the menu which almost has mostly words that I cannot pronounce and prices that I cannot fathom!
OK, I am not getting any younger, and father always said that he has never seen a U-Haul following a hearse; so ... out comes the credit card again and maybe, just maybe, I'll get lucky tonight!

I'll be around - FLO, A BLT sounds good this morning with fries and a coke.
I understand the issue about the needing to wear long pants. That sucks! But she has put up with you all these years you can handle it. Have fun and remember about the credit card. It’s not your money, so spend it. Have fun! It becomes your money only when you have to pay it…

Good Morning All. Cloudy and 60° and quite windy from the south. At 0500, there's a widespread area of rain just a mile south of me.
1678961179872.png

Since this stuff usually moves towards the east and southeast, I may not see anything here. The Weather Underground station down the road is showing rain, but no wind, so his anemometer must not be working this morning. It's at least 18-20 mph. The wind will shift out of the north around sundown today and we'll drop to the mid-30's after reaching a high today of 76°. Partly cloudy and cold here until Tuesday.

Yesterday was a nice but windy day. I planted another partial row of radishes and carrots; and 46 more white onion plants. Some of the ones that I planted last month disappeared, I believe the excessive rain and possibly the hail did some of the white ones in. The yellow ones all seem to have survived though! I see little lettuce plants from the seed that I planted on 3-1. The green pea plants are about 3" tall now. Everything that I have planted will survive a light frost, peas can tolerate 26° and onions can tolerate 19°.
Time today once again for the weekly grocery/beer trek. Looks like corned beef briskets are still on sale, so I'll get a couple more this week to add to the ones in the freezer from last week. Plus one for tomorrow night. The Pope gives an automatic dispensation from "seafood on Friday" during Lent when St Patrick's Day falls on Friday. I noticed in the sales flyer that Jalapeno Peppers have gone up in price again; on sale they are now $1.39/lb, a 40% increase from their normal 99¢/lb price! Them poppers that I make are getting expensive. Still a cheap appetizer though.
Wife is going to our daughter's house this afternoon to make her a Birthday cake with our granddaughter's help. Hopefully the weather cooperates. I'll stay home and watch the granddog and dry her feet if needed. Unless it's really raining hard, she doesn't mind it.

Thanks for the comments and reactions regarding the weathered freight cars yesterday.

I didn't spend any time out in the train shed yesterday, just didn't feel like it. Some times that happens. That won't happen again today as I ended up missing the visit.
From the archives: A run-by of a scrap metal train going north past a grain elevator.
04-10-11 014.JPG

04-10-11 016.JPG

04-10-11 017.JPG
04-10-11 018.JPG
04-10-11 019.JPG
04-10-11 020.JPG

04-10-11 021.JPG

Swal - It hurts me to see the picture of your car/driveway when I am wearing shorts and a tee shirt most days. Once again, best wishes for your wife.
Sherrel - In Texas, if one drives around a barrier/sign into flowing water, or just water over the road and get stuck, you pay dearly for the rescue. Not only a wrecker, but for police or fire rescue crews as well. Plus you might have to wait a while unless it's a severe emergency.
Good luck with the options trading. I somewhat understand shorts, but not enough to participate. For now I am sticking with ETF's T-bills and mutual funds. I do have a bit of Lockheed-Martin stock which should be profitable as they replenish defense supplies that are going to Europe.
Congratulations to you and Kate on the 32nd.
Joe - I can take the ups and downs of the stock market a whole lot better than my wife. If the Dow drops 30 points, she's all about "we gotta get out". I gave her complete control over her Roth IRA and it's made about 0.01% in the last 7 years. Meanwhile I control the bulk of our retirement accounts and have gone up almost 60% in the same time frame. I haven't made any additional contributions in that period and lived off the account for 2.5 years until SS kicked in. Last year was my first loser since 2009. I went down 4%. But like I posted yesterday, it was all a paper loss of paper gains! Tuesday was good! I made $2K before moving some stuff into money market. I wish that I could make all moves with that timing!;)
I saw a photo of that collapsed roof on the shopping mall in Duluth, man that's a really large accumulation of snow that was up there. Looks like over 3' judging from surrounding items.

Everybody have a great day.

I have heard ok things and great things about Bowser. I have been tempted to buy both the Sd40-2W’s and especially the Sd30C-eco. Those I have heard are great. But, never having had Bowser I am leary.
Maybe I should get one, I'll take another look around, if I see one at a reasonable price, and postage I may get one like this one.

Bowser......

I like them especially now as their detail is on par. The motor issues have been resolved as of late. I actually have 2 on pre order at Trainworld.

Greenbay & Western​

Red & Grey, marker lights, horn on cab, bell, MU receptacles​

#24657 Cab #307 w/DCC/Snd Exec​

#24658 Cab #308 w/DCC/Snd Exec​

EDIT: these are RS3s

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back