Coffee Shoppe XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'd take a can of gas with me for a little while to make sure that's the case. you don't need to be walking to the gas station. I had a car that "full" was between 3/4 and full, but when it hit "empty", you had better be sitting in a gas station. FWIW, it was a Galaxie 500.
I've had a couple of those. One with a 428 and the other with a 390.

Steve: shame about the collapse of the move. I remember reading about how much you were looking forward to it. I know what you mean about the illegals driving here. I witnessed some <expletive> woman who ran a red into the side of a builder's van last week. Fresh off the boat, no license, no insurance, 'no English', even the registration on the car had been cloned. The poor bugger in the van has now lost his income and spent 2 nights in hospital. The old bill have the car but the woman just slipped away from the scene before the police arrived.

I think if you were to ask local people from where the illegals come from, they would say the same thing about illegals in their country too:confused:

Most of our most wanted felons cross the boarder to mexico, canada or to Florida to escape the law all the time.....

Steve you could move to sunny FLORIDA! Might be no work down here but you could live on the beach!...................Like I might have too:eek:

Went to town this afternoon to get refills on some of my meds. While I was at the pharmacy some people who know about what I've been doing to the van stopped in and looked it over. On the whole they were impressed by the amount of work I had put into it:cool:. Most of them remembered what it looked like when it was a big rust ball. It also reminded me why I got out of building/restoring cars. Many were the times that I drove myself too hard and ended up paying the price for it for 2 or 3 days:eek:. Personally I'm glad that it's over. It gives me time to get back to the layout and get my track anchored in place. On the flip side I did lose some weight over the past few months. Can't imagine how.:D

Hi everyone! Thanks to all for the warm birthday wishes. Yeah, it was the big 65th and I am now equipped with a Medicare card. I apologize for not getting on here sooner, but I over-stuffed last night on a monstrous sized sea food platter and later, homemade german chocolate cake :eek:. Needless to say, I was barely able to get home from the restaurant and then couldn't move out of my recliner.

Remember me telling you about Bama's stadium now holding to near 102,000? Well, the streets leading to the Interstate were still jammed for several miles at midnight (Oops! Seems like no one thought about the added traffic). The airport had so many private planes come in that they had to close the shorter runway to allow for additional parking.

Got some of the posts read from my few days away, but have a few more to catch up on. All of you are seem to be in good spirits and still kicking around....always good to know;). Back to you tomorrow.:)

Our state police have started using camera mounted on the front of their car that read license plate and beep when the car is stolen, or uninsured. I head they pulled over about 50 cars the first day they used it. These illegal drivers are a great danger because they have nothing to loose, if they get caught they will likely be expulsed, they are then more inclined to run away from an accident.

APNR cameras are a great invention for the most part. I hate them when used for average speed zones.

The trouble is the type of people that drive without licenses or insurance are the type of people that are just going to buy a black market cloned license plate. About 3 years ago I started getting parking tickets in the post from a council on the other side of London. They come complete with a photo of the vehicle parked. My number but not my car. Not even close. I sent back the tickets with a photo of my car and a copy of the registration documents stating the plate must have been cloned. They sent someone over to verify. The tickets were cancelled but what a pain in the arse it was. Either they clamped the b*****d the next time he parked illegally or they just put my number on a hot list to be double checked before issuing the ticket, but I haven't had one since.

09/15/2010

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.

anim_coffee.png

anim_snoopy.png

1.png

ks4nj9-b78565272z120091026081028000gc2keo8e2.png
Diner.png

Menu3.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png

:eek:

Hey Bill,,, how did you get a picture of my house maids ;)

Chris I'm thinking of being an old age pensioners carer / looker afterer, Rex is an OAP now isnt he, how about me and you set up business and live / work for the old guy ;)

I could do with a warm up, we got a storm brewing from the north and it's gonna be cold :eek:

APNR cameras are a great invention for the most part. I hate them when used for average speed zones.

The trouble is the type of people that drive without licenses or insurance are the type of people that are just going to buy a black market cloned license plate. About 3 years ago I started getting parking tickets in the post from a council on the other side of London. They come complete with a photo of the vehicle parked. My number but not my car. Not even close. I sent back the tickets with a photo of my car and a copy of the registration documents stating the plate must have been cloned. They sent someone over to verify. The tickets were cancelled but what a pain in the arse it was. Either they clamped the b*****d the next time he parked illegally or they just put my number on a hot list to be double checked before issuing the ticket, but I haven't had one since.

these camera dont send you an invoice in the mail,
they put the camera equipped police car on one side of the bridge and arrest the driver on the other side, they have their tow truck ready, so the policemen give you 2 ticket, 1 of about 300$ and the other is for ....the bus

Julien. They run those here too. We actually have several different types of ANPR here. One on police vehicles where they operate checkstops to nail uninsured or unregistered vehicles. The cars are pulled over, impounded and usually crushed. The driver doesn't usually get a bus home but a free trip to the local police station.

Then there are the average speed cams, which are used mostly in construction zones. Speed through there and you get a ticket in the mail.

Some councils have fitted the software to their traffic cams and now use it to issue parking tix through the post. Others have little Smart Cars with them fitted to the roof for ticketing illegal parking.

Hey Bill,,, how did you get a picture of my house maids ;)

Chris I'm thinking of being an old age pensioners carer / looker afterer, Rex is an OAP now isnt he, how about me and you set up business and live / work for the old guy ;)

I could do with a warm up, we got a storm brewing from the north and it's gonna be cold :eek:

U WISH Vato......Your House Maid's! LOL's you old lady would kill you before they could even bring a smile to your face!

Floridas top industries in order....

1. Hospitals, Dr's offices and EMS!

2. Retirement homes

3. Funeral homes/Graveyards

4. Banks

5. attorneys

I hatched a great idea for a Retirement home!:eek:

It will come equiped with a full liquor sports bar comlpete with lot's of TV's showing all sporting events and a Beting bookie, topless (Pretty) nurses that are there to help you die with a smile on your face, 24/7 Gentlemens Club, Privite rooms with a hot tub, and all the viagera you can eat to keep all the pretty nurses happy!

Safe to say the dirty old men would give up their life saving to die there!:D:p
Mind ya just an Idea..........:D

Good afternoon. Not much going here today. I have so much pain in the lower bones of my right leg that I'm just taking some pain killers and going back to bed.

The last of the kitchen cabinets have arrived and are installed. The last two pcs of suspended ceiling tile are installed. All that is left is the door and baseboard moldings to be stained and finished, repaint the baseboard hot water heating registers, the last of the Pergo flooring and decide if she wants the ceramic tile back splash or stick with the painted one we now have. If she sticks with the painted one I have a little more dry wall joint finishing to do and painting touch up. I can see more than the light at the end of the tunnel now the end is near.

Good morning. Looks like I'll be working with my father today. He'll be cutting out a bunch of dandelion weeds and I'll be hauling them off. Now if you think that's a small job then you've never seen dandelions in Louisiana. They get on average over 8 feet tall and in an area that's sheltered from the wind they can get over 14 feet. How would you like to weed out an area with giants like that! There are also the remains of a couple of trees to be hauled off. I'm glad I'm not doing the loading. If my doctor knew what I was doing he'd probably hit me.

How would you like to weed out an area with giants like that! There are also the remains of a couple of trees to be hauled off. I'm glad I'm not doing the loading. If my doctor knew what I was doing he'd probably hit me.

That's what Round Up and a Mower is for! And if the area is to small for a mower, then a Weedeater!:rolleyes:;) As for the old tree bit's and pieces......A Twelve Pack of beer, A Burn Pit or old smoker grill u don't use any more, if your under burning restrictions! Just as easy...

Jeff don't work harder just lazier!:D:D

Welp! Are you open, Flo? I can't tell from all the cobwebs.
Nothing to report new from T-town, so I will just drink my java and be on my way.

WHERE's JIMBO????????:confused:

It not a true dandelion. It's more closely related to a Helios plant though I can't find specific info on this particular type plant. The leaves are very similar to those of a dandelion but are longer and thicker and lay flat. The flowers are way up at the top and look almost exactly like dandelion flowers even down to the turning into balls windborne seeds like those of a dandelion. However it has a slightly foul odor and is NOT good in salads. Unlike the dandelion it is poisonous. Even cows won't eat it. Here's a photo I found of a small one.
4177.jpg

We got the weeds cut down. Also cut down a bunch of goldenrod and moved some old pine branches. I then came home and went back to bed for a while.

Good morning. It's a clear 70 degrees this morning, supposed to get into the mid 80's for a high. There was supposed to be no rain in the forecast yesterday, but we got a sprinkling about sunset.

I got our car back from the body shop, $2200 or so in repairs, our insurance paid all but the deductible. Still getting the run around from the other person and their alleged insurance company. The run around being no contact from the other person, and the insurance company says the person is not responding to them, either. The insurance is refusing to admit liability until they can get a statement from them. I'm going to continue calling Nationwide every day until I get a response. My insurance can't get Nationwide to return their calls, either.

Driving what looks like a cop car around town for the last week or so had its attractions, but I got tired of everybody slowing down to 1 mph under the speed limit when I came up behind them...

Driving what looks like a cop car around town for the last week or so had its attractions, but I got tired of everybody slowing down to 1 mph under the speed limit when I came up behind them...

Unless it's our towns Agressive Driver Unit car! Dark gray Dodge Magnum complete with sweet looking chrome 20's on all fours! Dang car is hard to spot....can's see no signs of it being a cop car! Even the red/blue lights are 100 % hidden unless they are turned on!:eek:

That's the nicest cop car in town!

I got our car back from the body shop, $2200 or so in repairs, our insurance paid all but the deductible. Still getting the run around from the other person and their alleged insurance company. The run around being no contact from the other person, and the insurance company says the person is not responding to them, either. The insurance is refusing to admit liability until they can get a statement from them. I'm going to continue calling Nationwide every day until I get a response. My insurance can't get Nationwide to return their calls, either.
Keep pushing! The squeaky wheel gets the grease. So far the other party is acting exactly as I predicted they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back