Coffee Shoppe XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris I don't hunt or fish. To me the two biggest wasters of time there is, that is why we have grocery stores. I would rather be in the wood shop with all of my lovely tools or in the train room runnin trains.

Chris I don't hunt or fish. To me the two biggest wasters of time there is, that is why we have grocery stores. I would rather be in the wood shop with all of my lovely tools or in the train room runnin trains.

I use to fish a lot for food! Until the G&W officers started getting way to strick with the size and bag limits, "Come on I'M FISHING FOR FOOD!" If I can get a good filet from it....... it's a keeper!:p Either way Fishing use to save me big time on my food bill! Now You can't even do that any more!:mad::(

Last time I went fishing I got a Ticket for $100 for under sized and out of season catches!:eek::mad: That was three years ago, and the last time I went fishing!

Fish are FOOD not Friends!

The car is at the body shop, and should be done later in the week. My rental is a Dodge Charger, the exact model and color used by local PD and SO. I can tell when people look in their rear-view mirror and see me, they immediately slow down to the speed limit. So, I went to work at one mph under the limit, everybody stopped for all stop signs, signaled before turning or changing lanes, and were the poster children for safe driving.

The insurance adjuster said if I could produce the receipt from when I bought the laptop (8 years ago, right!), they would give me depreciated value for it.
Oh, and the person that owns the car that hit me said the person driving it was not authorized to drive it, so he is not responsible for any damages incurred. The damages are just under the minimum for filing small claims, but I have a feeling even if I found something else that would put it over the minimum, I'd still get nothing but a judgment and a lot of aggravation.
Maybe I can add the bill from having the target I have tatooed somewhere on my body removed to the total.

Oh, and the person that owns the car that hit me said the person driving it was not authorized to drive it, so he is not responsible for any damages incurred. The damages are just under the minimum for filing small claims, but I have a feeling even if I found something else that would put it over the minimum, I'd still get nothing but a judgment and a lot of aggravation.
Maybe I can add the bill from having the target I have tatooed somewhere on my body removed to the total.

Yeah, tell him nice try and file a claim with his insurance anyway. His car, he's liable, unless he claims it was stolen and files charges against the driver. Maybe even then too. The insurance company decides what they'll do anyway, not the driver. Go for it. If he's uninsured, your insurance should cover you, less your deductible, for the damage, then they'll go after the driver, and maybe the car owner.

The insurance company decides what they'll do anyway, not the driver. Go for it. If he's uninsured, your insurance should cover you, less your deductible, for the damage, then they'll go after the driver, and maybe the car owner.
It's already being done. My carrier is GEICO, his is Nationwide. At least it's not Jim&Bob's Used Auto Parts and Insurance...
I have to pay my deductible, and they already said they will go after him, since this is not the first go-round they have had with this driver and this owner. Maybe they'll be deported...

It's already being done. My carrier is GEICO, his is Nationwide. At least it's not Jim&Bob's Used Auto Parts and Insurance...
I have to pay my deductible, and they already said they will go after him, since this is not the first go-round they have had with this driver and this owner. Maybe they'll be deported...

OK I'm late to the thread, but if it was the other driver's fault, why are you paying a deductible? Nationwide should be paying, unless Geico will reimburse you after the dust settles. Sorry, but I've been through this myself a few times. You should not settle for anything that puts you as much as a dime out of pocket! I hate to see anyone get screwed! :D

The only reason you should have to pay your deductible in your case is if the other driver had no insurance or if the guys insurance lapsed or the company refuses to pay because of some legality on his part. If he had no license or a suspended license they could refuse to pay on those grounds.

Got the new head lights in today and immediately noticed a problem. On high beam one upper light and both lower lights came on. On low beam just one upper light. Had to think about it a little but I straightened out the bug in the wiring. Turned out to be a loose connector. I bent the connectors on the offending socket inward a bit with a flat blade screwdriver then reconnected the light and all is as it should be. On low beam the top lights (2a1 low beams) are on and on high beam all 4 lights (2a1 and 1a1) are on which according to the schematic I located is just what's supposed to happen. One loose connector can sure turn a simple job into a Chinese puzzle in a hurry.

Good evening everyone.

Happy Birthday Rex!

I haven't done much modeling lately so I haven't had much to say. I spent yesterday at a trade show for work with my boss. He asked how much money I would need for gas to get there. I told him about $20. He then asked how much a box of trees for my layout is. I told him $30-40. He wrote me a check for $60 and told me to order another box of trees!:D I have to say that I really appreciated the gesture. It's not that I can't afford it, but my wife is taking a stand on paying for more trees. Seeing how we have to cough up at least $15000 to have a baby, I can't spend much on the hobby right now. This is the same boss who got me the train tickets the other week. I have to say that I made the right decision in working here instead of my other options at the time. I guess I'm back in the tree making mode again.:)

It's time to go home. Have a good night everyone.

The only reason you should have to pay your deductible in your case is if the other driver had no insurance or if the guys insurance lapsed or the company refuses to pay because of some legality on his part. If he had no license or a suspended license they could refuse to pay on those grounds.
SHE has no driver's license, it wasn't her car, and this is not the first time she has had an accident. She also conveniently speaks no English.
She did spend Saturday night in jail, released Sunday afternoon. Not that it pays my deductible, or fixes my old Thinkpad... This is the second time in three years a foreign national has run into or over me, caused me financial or physical problems, and not had to do anything to compensate me for it. I have moved from one end of this country to the other, twice, in an attempt to be away from the illegal immigrants that fate seems to be sending out to find me.

At least all I used the old Thinkpad for was to run some Windows-only programs, and carry with me occasionally. Old laptops are cheap on Craigslist...

on edit, I removed 90% of what I put in here before I hit the "send" button. It was a pretty scathing political commentary that no moderator in his right mind would have let stand, no matter what the circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:
SHE has no driver's license, it wasn't her car, and this is not the first time she has had an accident. She also conveniently speaks no English.
That's why the other company won't pay. You'll likely have to pay your deductible and your insurance company will go after the third party responsible, hopefully the owner of the other vehicle. That's the one who should be made to pay. In this state you can't get car insurance without a valid drivers license. I don't know if the same holds true there. Some insurance companies have rules that vary from state to state.

I have moved from one end of this country to the other, twice, in an attempt to be away from the illegal immigrants that fate seems to be sending out to find me.

Terry you have Four options!:) Move to either Mexico, Cuba, Hati, or Porto Rico! The People there have pretty much all moved here so those places should be empty! OBTW, you might want to cross into those countrys leagaly! They shot their illegals!:D

09/14/2010

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.

anim_coffee.png

anim_snoopy.png

1.png

Diner.png

Menu3.png

waitress3.png

:eek:

In this state you can't get car insurance without a valid drivers license. I don't know if the same holds true there. Some insurance companies have rules that vary from state to state.
I have found there are some strange car insurance laws here. For example, here you can't sue somebody that hits you (auto) if they are less than 100% responsible for the accident. If someone decides I am as much as 1% at fault in this accident, I can't sue them to recover damages.
I do know where they live, for now, so I suppose several of my redneck friends here can go visit them and ask for my deductible. They may get the point across, even if they speak as much Spanish as the woman that hit me speaks English.

Sounds like living in the UK, there are so many illegal immigrants that drive, it's unbelievably insane just how many crash and walk away without paying a penny in compensation, they just disappear into the crowds and take on a new ID, and so it goes on.

We are not now moving to New Zealand, it's all gone pear shaped because the wife got cold feet about leaving her home just as we found a buyer for the house, i cant understand why she would give up the chance of a better life for the kids and us and comdem them to a future of hardship in this sinking country full of immigrants who will work for peanuts

SO It's time to build another layout and unpack the trains

Last edited by a moderator:
Good day from Ye Olde London Towne.

A dull cool 18c day here but it beats snow or hurricanes. :D

The club modules passed their electrical and conformance checks. That means I can get down to doing the scenery and having some fun.

Rex: a belated Happy Birthday. I hope the Birthday Beagle brought you lots of prezzies.

Terry: Typical. I took a couple of law courses many years ago. The first thing they teach is that there is no 100% at fault. Even if its just 0.001% for you being where you were, its not 100%. Sounds like your state has done that to avoid any lawsuits. I'd check with your insurance company to see if they know of any loopholes you can use to get compensation from the dozy moo that hit you. Does your state not have an unsatisfied judgement claims procedure?

Steve: shame about the collapse of the move. I remember reading about how much you were looking forward to it. I know what you mean about the illegals driving here. I witnessed some <expletive> woman who ran a red into the side of a builder's van last week. Fresh off the boat, no license, no insurance, 'no English', even the registration on the car had been cloned. The poor bugger in the van has now lost his income and spent 2 nights in hospital. The old bill have the car but the woman just slipped away from the scene before the police arrived.

Our state police have started using camera mounted on the front of their car that read license plate and beep when the car is stolen, or uninsured. I head they pulled over about 50 cars the first day they used it. These illegal drivers are a great danger because they have nothing to loose, if they get caught they will likely be expulsed, they are then more inclined to run away from an accident.

Good afternoon. It's 91 and sunny. The high will be 96 and sunny.

Got the van inspected this morning and it's all legal now. It already had a bit over a quarter tank of gas (about 7 gallons, gauge read 1/8th) so I pumped in another 15 gallons to fill it up. The gas gauge is a little off. It shows full as 3/4's of a tank. That means I'll still have around a quarter tank when the needle hits empty. I can live with that. I had to drive through slow traffic from one end of town to the other, something which my nephew said always made it overheat. Of course when he had it the overflow on the radiator was gone and the coolant was just running out on the ground. That likely had a lot to do with that. I fixed that problem so now the coolant runs over into the catch tank and is sucked back into the radiator later. I have antifreeze in it and haven't lost any of it. I didn't have any overheat problem. In fact the needle never went higher than the low side of the normal area on the gauge. Went to Lowe's and had a spare ignition key made. No ride-on carts available as some kids had run them down, so I had to walk (slowly limp) halfway across that big store to the hardware area where they make the keys then go back halfway across the store to the checkout. Needless to say I was not a happy camper. When I pulled in at the service station to get gas there was a vehicle ahead of me that was slowly backing out. About 1.5 nanoseconds after I stopped to let that vehicle out some fat broad (broad describes her very well as she was almost as wide as she was tall) behind me starts leaning on her horn. As the vehicle ahead of me pulls out fat broad makes to cut around me and take the spot at the pump, at which time I hit MY horn. She stopped right where she was, most likely to search for her eardrums. A cop watching the whole affair almost fell over laughing! I got my gas and left. As far as I know fat broad didn't say a thing. As for what I'll be doing the rest of the day, that's likely to be a whole bunch of nothing as I'm too darn tired.

. It already had a bit over a quarter tank of gas (about 7 gallons, gauge read 1/8th) so I pumped in another 15 gallons to fill it up. The gas gauge is a little off. It shows full as 3/4's of a tank. That means I'll still have around a quarter tank when the needle hits empty. I can live with that.
I think I'd take a can of gas with me for a little while to make sure that's the case. you don't need to be walking to the gas station. I had a car that "full" was between 3/4 and full, but when it hit "empty", you had better be sitting in a gas station. FWIW, it was a Galaxie 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back