Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. C

    future floor wax for water?

    Might be best to use the magic water then.I think for small puddles and ditches along tracks it might be just fine.
  2. C

    future floor wax for water?

    I bet it's the same as this http://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/Item/C1211/page/1
  3. C

    future floor wax for water?

    I had a bottle tip over and it dried clear and hard,what do you guy's think about using it for rivers and lakes?I'm gonna do some more testing before I use it on the layout...
  4. C

    woodland sceincs culverts

    Is that creek on your layout? If so I might be asking you for your help doing my creek and river bed's might be a while before I get to that point though.:)
  5. C

    woodland sceincs culverts

    Wow that looks really good.I made fourms and cast my own from plaster,I was going to carve stone into them but decided just to paint it like concrete cause they looked so nice I didn't want to take a chance messing them up.
  6. C

    woodland sceincs culverts

    o wow only 5/8" thats not gonna work time to change the game plan.Thanks
  7. C

    woodland sceincs culverts

    Does any one know the size of the woodland scenics culvert openings on the random stone and concrete?I need a pair to drain a small creek (2 1/2 inches wide) the company does not list the opening size just the total size.Thanks:)
  8. C

    Airbrushing poly fiber

    rattle can here for making puff ball trees,I tried using rite dye but didn't work to well.
  9. C

    help weathering bridges

    also I do have an airbrush.:)
  10. C

    help weathering bridges

    Any tip's on painting and weathering a few small bridges from atlas?(truss and deck bridge) Thanks
  11. C

    First attempt at a rock mold

    Are you guy's using plaster or hydrocal to make the castings? If plaster is the detail as good?
  12. C

    Plaster or smooth-it?

    If you need more working time with plaster and white vinager to it or buy patching plaster from a home store,one thing I do know is that rock hard putty is strong someone needs to try it for roads and post a pic of the results,I would but I got alot going on now.
  13. C

    Plaster or smooth-it?

    How about this stuff for road's? It's very inexpensive http://www.thepaintstore.com/Durham_s_Rock_Hard_Water_Putty_p/00001.htm?1=1&CartID=0
  14. C

    roadbed under switches?

    cutting it was what I was doing to I just wanted to make sure it was ok to go that way. Thanks
  15. C

    roadbed under switches?

    Is it ok to cut the cork roadbed and use under switches or do most of u guy's get the cork thats shaped like a switch?
  16. C

    scenery before track?

    as far as wiring I can get to all of that and I only have a few switches for sidings I just hate the thought of getting plaster and paint on the track and roadbed but I might reconsider:confused:
  17. C

    scenery before track?

    Has any one done this?(rough scenery not ground cover or trees) I'm thinking about trying this but of course I would lay the track and road bed in the tunnel areas first.What are some good points and bad? 1 cleaner no mess on track 2 no need for masking track off
  18. C

    First attempt at a rock mold

    whats quick age?looks nice:)
  19. C

    math question?

    Well I did some refiguring so let's see if I did it right 1/4 inch of rise per foot figure gives me an even 3%:confused:
  20. C

    math question?

    Thank's for the input,I will remeber that.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top