woodland sceincs culverts

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


cowboydfk

Member
Does any one know the size of the woodland scenics culvert openings on the random stone and concrete?I need a pair to drain a small creek (2 1/2 inches wide) the company does not list the opening size just the total size.Thanks:)
 
I believe the concrete and cut stone are the same sizes.

The backside alone is 1" x 1".

Backside with the wings is 1" x 2.5"

The hole opening is 5/8"
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Hi cowboy: You might want to consider using something like the "Howard Street" Viaduct & Arched Bridge, available from Scenic Express or a cut down tunnel portal. Here's examples of each. DJ.

Howard Street bridge.
P1020144.jpg


Shortened tunnel portal.
P1010304-2.jpg
 
Wow that looks really good.I made fourms and cast my own from plaster,I was going to carve stone into them but decided just to paint it like concrete cause they looked so nice I didn't want to take a chance messing them up.
 
Is that creek on your layout? If so I might be asking you for your help doing my creek and river bed's might be a while before I get to that point though.:)
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top