Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. M

    N scale signal help

    Sorry about that, still kind of new to all of this. Currently still using DC, someday DCC, but for now DC is it. I do appreciate the help. Thanks, Mike
  2. M

    N scale signal help

    I would appreciate that, thanks, Mike
  3. M

    N scale signal help

    Finally had some time to take them out of package and wire them to transformer. Signals actually stay red and do not blink. Will look on google and see what I can find, thanks again
  4. M

    N scale signal help

    Thank you for the info, lots to think about!
  5. M

    N scale signal help

    Hello all, my kids got me some nice crossing signals to use on my layout. Problem is, well maybe not a problem, is that they flash all the time. I would like to find some kind of sensor that would turn them on automatically when a train passes by and then when the train has gone past, they...
  6. M

    N scale track cleaning car

    Hello all, Looking for information regarding the eSPee or similar track cleaning car. Would like to know if it really does work. Have not looked into them too much as I don't know anyone who has one and to seems to me to be a piece of what looks like Masonite attached to a car. I have a small...
  7. M

    N scale track cleaner

    Thank you.....Do you happen to know who made that and what the pad/stone is made of? Looks like something like this would do the job.....Mike
  8. M

    N scale track cleaner

    Hello all and greetings from cold, snowy Mercer, PA.....Looking for opinions on track cleaners, car type versus any other ideas. I have some areas on layout, such as under the tunnel and a few other really hard to reach areas that I would like to clean the track as it needs it. Been looking...
  9. M

    Kato Amtrak Superliner Phase IVb 4 car set #106-3516 - lighting question

    Hello all and Happy Holidays, I must of been a good boy this year as wife has bought me my first N scale passenger car set, an Kato Amtrak Superliner Phase IVb 4 car set #106-3516, guy in store wanted to sell her some kind of lighting kits for each car but she would not buy them until we figured...
  10. M

    Good philips screwdriver for Atlas engines

    Hello all and Happy Holidays, I am getting braver thanks to all here!! and have decided to change some couplers, especially since they are broken!! Where can I get a good quality Philips screwdriver to fit the tiny screw such as those used to hold the couplers in on an Atlas engine. Tried some...
  11. M

    Need help getting the right couplers

    Hello all and as always thank you for the past help, everyone is always on target. What I need help now on, seems like I always need help!!, anyhow, got myself a nice new Bachmann Spectrum N scale, SD-45, Reading Railroad engine, Bachmann Spectrum #82759, want to get rid of the Rapido couplers...
  12. M

    Need some help to get the right Atlas Trucks

    Excellent help Wow, you guys are the best, that is why I come here for help. I printed up a nice chart with the Micro-Trains truck styles and numbers on it and just ordered 5 of the Bettendorf style and 6 of the Barber style. This will work out super as I had some cars I did not run as they...
  13. M

    Need some help to get the right Atlas Trucks

    Hello all and thank you for your help in the past, Layout is finally up and working out some minor track problems and then I will be detailing it, landscaping and the works!! Anyhow, I got some really nice Atlas cars from a co-worker who has quit the hobby and I would like to change the trucks...
  14. M

    Micro-train coupler help

    Hello all.....Need a little help, Just broke the coupler off of my hopper and I am confused on what kind it is. The car itself is a Micro-trains #09900020, SAL Evans hopper, I looked on tag and they say it has Barber Roller Bearing trucks, now, here is where I get confused, went to Micro-trains...
  15. M

    Bessemer and Lake Erie caboose

    Hello all, Does anybody happen to know where I can get an N scale caboose for the Bessemer and Lake Erie? New or Used. Any help will be greatly appreciated, Mike
  16. M

    Rapido coupler change

    Hello all, How hard is it to change from rapido couplers to another style such as the Micro Trains style, I see some Alas engines on eBay that are a fair deal but the engines I like have the rapido style coupler on them and all the cars I have accumulated so far are from Micro Trains or...
  17. M

    Better N scalae magazine

    Hello all...I started to get Model Railroader Magazine awhile back, not seeing what I actually want in it, is there a better magazine around dealing with n scale model railroading etc?...As always, thank you for your help...Mike
  18. M

    N scale trucks and coupler help

    Thank you, Got some on order, will let you know how I make out, thanks again, Mike
  19. M

    N scale trucks and coupler help

    Hello there, One of my buddies where I work has given me a shoebox full of n scale freight cars, there are some Atlas, Bachmann and Life-Like and some others but most are the names mentioned, some of these are in really great shape except they are missing the couplers or have the Rapido style...
  20. M

    Con-Cor, Walthers brands and radius question

    Hello all and Happy New Year, I bought a Walther's Catalog for N gauge and was somewhat disappointed in brands such as Athearn was not in it, However, this leads to my next question, Looking for opinions on Walther's, Con-Cor and Fox Valley N gauge cars, especially passenger cars . Also, what...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top