Need help getting the right couplers

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


MercerMike

New Member
Hello all and as always thank you for the past help, everyone is always on target. What I need help now on, seems like I always need help!!, anyhow, got myself a nice new Bachmann Spectrum N scale, SD-45, Reading Railroad engine, Bachmann Spectrum #82759, want to get rid of the Rapido couplers and use something better, man at hobby store sold me some Bachmann E-Z mate replacement couplers #78501 and these cannot be correct, way too long! can somebody tell me the correct replacement coupler kind and model number to use? Any better couplers than the Bachmann ones? Again, thank you all for your past help....Mike
 
I have several Bachmann SD45's........I think there's only one version, and mine just took a plain old MT 1015 using the supplied screws for mounting.
 
It houl tke 1015'. If you have the 9 3/4" radius curves, #1016's would be better to keep from dragging the first car off the rails.
 
Been thinking harder..........I did use 1015's on my SD45's, but there was a clearance issue with the trucks. That explains the screws in mine since I usually use the clips. I ended up filling the original hole and drilling a new one a fraction farther out so the trucks would clear. You also could trim the truck frames. Sorry about that.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top