Need some help to get the right Atlas Trucks

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


MercerMike

New Member
Hello all and thank you for your help in the past, Layout is finally up and working out some minor track problems and then I will be detailing it, landscaping and the works!! Anyhow, I got some really nice Atlas cars from a co-worker who has quit the hobby and I would like to change the trucks on them to get rid of the Rapido couplers they have on them, Truck numbers on the cars, taken from the Atlas web page is 22055. Can some kind soul tell me the kind of trucks to use and a make and model number to get? Again, thanks to all for your help....Mike
 


I would second that Microtrains all the way. However, depending on how protoypicaly concerned you are those Bettendorf trucks would be appropriate on older rolling stock that had roof walks, etc. Built in the 30's,40's and 50's. Starting in the 60's the Barber trucks would be more appropriate.
 
MicroTrains have a pdf on their website that has profile schematics of all their truck designs. What I did when I needed some was compare the trucks I wanted to replace with the different designs on that page. Can't link as I'm on my phone but its easy to find.
 
Excellent help

Wow, you guys are the best, that is why I come here for help. I printed up a nice chart with the Micro-Trains truck styles and numbers on it and just ordered 5 of the Bettendorf style and 6 of the Barber style. This will work out super as I had some cars I did not run as they have the Rapido style couplers on them and all the other cars I have do not. All rolling stock will be up and running soon! Again, thanks to all....Mike:)
 
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Depending on the era you model of course, Bettendorf trucks seem to be a staple much in the same way that MT 1015 couplers work on just about anything. :D
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top