ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
P
Rex welcome to the club. We've been getting along pretty well so far on our SS and my pension. In fact we have a bit more funds with out me having to drive back and forth to work.
well I've got a DVD of Sea Chase with John Wayne going so I'll say Good Night.
-
P
Evening Everyone:
Ken I didn't get over to the track untill 3pm. There wasn't anything fired up so no whistle to let you hear. I spent most of the day finishing up repairing the trucks for the 4" scale narrow gauge gondolas. I did not put in the new wheels. Instead I'm going to make 2 new...
-
P
Evening Gang: I spent the day over at the track getting ready for the meet. I didn't do any railroading just cleaning up trash and cleaning up the last minute stuff. The temperature was high and the humidity was very high. It really took it out of me.
Steve: What was the drag line? It's too...
-
P
Evening Gang: I got the creek crossing done. It took most of the day but t's done. To say I'm aching a bit is an understatement. Even with a tractor with a front end loader it wore me out. Good thing I didn't have to use a shovel and wheel barrow. I guess I'm getting old.The weather guessers...
-
P
Evening All: I finished cleaning the corrall today. Boy what a loot of poop. Tomorrow I have to do the creek crossing again. When I can get it done I'll haed over to the track and help Terry fix a couple of sun kinks that showed up on the back curve. That should take care of my model railroading...
-
P
Ken I'll post both plus pic's of the UP coming through us. I just gota get it figured out.
I'll check back in later. I have to get back to laying out the road to Mary Anns storage container.
-
P
Josh I almost forgot about you. I still haven't figured out how to post pictures. One of these days I'll set down and work on it. Just when one of these days gets here I don't know. I need to get my computer friend to give me a hand.
-
P
Steve what was your budget? I'm just curious as to what some one would pay for it.
Nothing on the MRR front tonight. I did get some more reasearch done yesterday on the mine sites that I'm interested in.
It's movie time here so I'll say Good Night
-
P
Steve I'm sorry that you lost the shovel. What did it go for?
Not much going on tonight. Mary Ann and I are watching Schrek. Last night I got down to the basement and did a little on the Sunday Lake mine. After I glued the rettaining wall on to the base I took it and the Cliffs shaft mine over...
-
P
Hey Ken: You'er in, congratulations. How long untill you can get started on a layout?
Not much going on here. We had thunder storms here again last night, another 1+ inch of rain.
I'll see you all later.
-
P
Up date for Steve. The retail price on the shovel is $159.95. I just went to the CSM site and checked it.
-
P
Hi Gang: Not much tonight.
Steve: So that would be bad? Sorry guys, I'm a construction machinery nut also. If any of you are also inclined that way get in touch with the Historical Construction Equipment Ass. Dues are $27 per year. That shovel is a Harnishfager 4100. It's made by Ertil and is...
-
P
Hi Gang: Steve I saw that shovel on construction scale models sight last night. Lucky for you it's is newer then my era or I'd be bidding against you.
I looked through the entire csm sight last night and couldn't find a 1945 to 1950s era Euclid dump truck. There was a phicture of a LLD tandem...
-
P
Sorry Rex. We've been so short of rain for so long that we're going to hang on to all we get. I've raised the spillway on our pond twice and will do it once more as soon as it drys out enough for me to get to it without getting the tractor stuck.
I actually got some MRRing done today. I went...
-
P
Evening Gang: When I checked the rain gauge this afternoon it read 3.5 inches. That's since saturday.
Fergie: I hope that your dad is doing better. It's a good thing that you were home and not at sea.
Ken: That is one fine looking young lady. Did you buy yourself a new shot gun for her...
-
P
KenL, congartulations to you daughter. Now you can start paying for college. Another opportunity for technical growth is right. Wouldn't it be nice if those didn't show up for awhile?
About the only thing going on here is rain. As of yesterday we had 2.75 inches. Today I don't know since it...
-
P
Fergie, congrats to you and Lisa. I hope that you did something really speical for her.
Not much going on here except for working cows and working on the 7.5inch gauge. We're getting ready for the meet over at my friends track. Everything is almost ready and the track is in better shape then...
-
P
Evening Gang: Boy it's getting ugly across the street. Bergie is going to have his hands full in the morning.
Chip tell you MIL that I said Hi and hope that she gets well soon. My best to her.
I once did a 72 hour stint on a search and rescue when I was in Civil Air Patrol. Later I put 14...
-
P
Evening All: We worked on the track today in 90s temps and humidity. I'm bushed. We also found out that a bunch of guys are coming Monday to do some running. They are from out of state and are on there way to a meet further south. Well the track is ready.
I've got to print out some E-mails so...
-
P
Eve?? Now what was that I was going to say? Oh yea, Evening Gang:
Not much going on today. I worked most of the day on the pad for Mary Anns' shipping container. Tried to make up for yeaterday. I got back so late that she had to get the cattle up by herself.
Tomorrow we are again going to...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)