Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly, what's rain, is it that wet stuff that falls from the sky

It's that stuff that "...... In Spain, falls mainly on the plain".

I've been on the go since 8 this morning and can finally rest a bit this evening. We just had a wind storm rip through the Finger Lakes (along with some of the wet stuff). Actually we needed some rain as the top of the soil is very dry even though we have loads of rain for months. Hope you Southern folks get some soon.
 
Yeah but no rain is great for landscaping!!!!!!! They finally done just need to spray the grass on then some nice warm moist weather would be perfect (you listening up there??)

Building front gates today ready for when the fence guys return, we have temporary fence at the moment.

Ken.
 


Ken I'll post both plus pic's of the UP coming through us. I just gota get it figured out.
I'll check back in later. I have to get back to laying out the road to Mary Anns storage container.
 
Afternoon all, I think it's going to be clear and warm finally. Enough of the storms I hope, kind of getting tired of all the rain. Well the work day is about over with, see ya guys later.
 
Rain! Rex got rain??????:eek:

As the crow flies I about 45mi from Rex, generally downstream by the wind/storm flow. Usually what he gets, I get. Not this time!:mad:

We still haven't had any for over 2 1/2 weeks and the weathermen say it could be another week before we get any.

Yeah, but you had over a 1/2 inch when you got it and we got "0". We haven't had but 1/3 inch in several months. Channel 33 said you had a deficit of -15"...we have -18".

Guys, if you don't think that it is bad here, the only time my lawnmower has been started is when I cleaned up the yard in early spring.:(
 
Hi All ! Rain we had some go thruogh here finally but didn't need the cold front that came with it . Man it's suppose to get down in the low 40's . Well spent the day moving my daughter into her new plaace . Didn't realize how tiring it is nowadays. Going to bed take care all !
 


Hehe cool Josh.

Well we have green goo where the dirt was:eek: , only took around half hour to spray. Irrigation is set to come on every am around 5. It has 4 zones, drippers in the gardens, and 3 pop-up sprinkler zones. Pretty cool stuff:cool: and all included in the price:D It must be the MAC in me I like included in the price feels like something for nothing;)

Ken.
 
Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


06-06-07

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png


LEST WE FORGET JUNE 6, 1944
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I mowed the lawn yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks last evening. It was mowed mainly to knock down the buck horn and other tall weeds. I have very many brown spots mainly where the septic system is. You can see the tank area and all of the laterals plus the laterals from the old system that was replaced 20 years ago. We did get a few showers Memorial day and a couple of short showers since. At least you can walk on the yard and it does not crunch as loud as it did and stick the bottom of the sometimes bare foot. I still need to mow the front yard, Glendia does not think it looks as good when I mow it with the Kubota. So she will generally mow it with the self-propelled Snapper walk behind. I told her to have at it as I was happy with the tratcors job and trim up with the weed eater once a month.
 
Larry,

I got all but th lower 40 mowed last weekend. I have been planning to do it the last two nights, but it has rained pretty hard. The blue was out this morning, but it has already started to cloud up. The lawn and gardens really needed it. My brown spots were lack of water.

* * *​

My research into the PRR in my town hit another snag. The local historical society doesn't do anything as recent as post WWII. I'm getting close to modeling what I have and guessing. At least no one will be able to look it up and say I'm wrong.
 
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/6/2007
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 70°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 72°F
Low: 68°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 92 Mostly sunny with isolated showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 20 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds around 10 mph.
 
Morning crew!

TX Paul - If you want step-by-step guidence on posting pics, gimme a call (you know my cell#) and I'll walk you right thru it.

Rex & Carey, rain clouds passed thru my area last night. I begged them to go down your way instead, but did they listen to me? Nooooo! :mad:

Chip - You probably already went to this link, but in case you didn't....: http://www.prrths.com/

Very little happening here mrr-wise, just waiting for Friday (payday) so I can buy and install a few more decoders. Oh yeah - Thursday is Vicky's and my 21st anniversary, definitely no mrr activity planned for that day! :D
 
Mornin' Ken]/b]!

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Ken and Ken!

Mornin" Chip! BTW, remember your rant about Aspertame a couple of weeks ago? You got me thinking (not an easy thing to do) and I took some time to read the sites you listed and did some independent research on my own. I stopped using all artificial sweeteners. I had been using Aspertame and Splenda for close to 20 years. In two weeks my arthritis has improved drastically, I don't feel "foggy" anymore, my sleep has improved, psoriasis has improved, and I swear that I am able to hear better. I thank you my friend! I am now only using natural sweeteners in small amounts (ie: honey and maple syrup). Oh, and I have lost 8 lbs. of weight......
 
Ray,

Amazing isn't it. People who quit artificial sweeteners lose an average of 15 lbs. The body treats them as toxins and stores them in fat cells. Then surrounds them with water to dilute them. People gain weight when the drink diet sodas--then of course, they have to continue drinking them because it has the word diet on the can. Quite a skam.
 


Morning fellas. Man I didn't realize that about the diet drinks, what's the websites to that and the artificial sweetner stuff Chip?? Not a whole lot has gone on modeling wise for me just started in with my 2 classes for the summer this week, so I'll be pretty busy in the evenings on classwork, hopefully I'll have the weekends to finish up my track as soon as my turnouts show up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top