Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what the pump will shift but it's as capable as any other truck, you can fit six people inside the platform cage including wheelchairs and stretchers, not that i'd like to wheel myself in at 333ft through a window anyway,, no way.
Ken i'm working on the house but my dorklander friend also wants it, as he's only a few miles away, he's got a better chance than me, he's also a resident NZ'er which helps.
 
Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


05-26-07

:eek:

donuts_2.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TO ALL.



piper.jpg




From us
canada.gif
to you
us.gif
.

THEY SHALL GROW NOT OLD AS WE
THAT ARE LEFT GROW OLD;
AGE SHALL NOT WEARY THEM NOR
THE YEARS CONDEMN.
AT THE GOING DOWN OF THE SUN
AND IN THE MORNING,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.



Good morning

Potofcoffeepouring.gif


cid_003901c6b330ad0b78500a01a8c0use.gif


Happy MRRing
freight.gif
 


VERY impressive considering here in the states, if you're in a building that high and its on fire, the fire departments call you and say "Jump... we'll catch you".
The highest truck mounted ladder I've seen in the US only reaches as high as the seventh floor. The biggest truck in Leesville (closest city to me) reaches to the fourth floor, at it's tallest, which is OK, since the tallest building in Leesville, the courthouse, is four stories.

To avoid any confusion, I know that in the UK and some other countries the first story is called the ground floor and the second story the first floor, etc. In the US we call the first story the first floor, the second story is the second floor, etc.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/26/2007


Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 67°F
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 69°F
Low: 67°F
Rain: 0.01"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph ESE

Today High: 85 Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. Southeast winds up to 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Severe Weather Threat Extends Into the Holiday Weekend
May 26, 2007


Thunderstorms producing torrential downpours, frequent lightning, and damaging winds will continue to threaten outdoor activities through the holiday weekend.

The trigger of this round of storms is a developing storm system moving out of the northern Rockies. Energized by the strong late-May sun and Gulf of Mexico moisture pushing northward across the Gulf of Mexico, these storms will quickly become severe later this afternoon and evening.

Additional thunderstorms will be possible across the southern Plains, the central Mississippi Valley, and the eastern Great Lakes region. Although these storms will not produce severe storms, torrential downpours could cause flash flooding. Parts of Southwest and South-Central Texas have reported flooding problems since Thursday night due to the ongoing storms.

Looking deeper into the Memorial Day weekend, additional strong to severe thunderstorms will shift from the central U.S. to the eastern Great Lakes region and the Northeast for Sunday. A new storm system forming across the far northern High Plains will refocus the severe threat in this region on Monday.

If a flash flood warning is issued for your area, quickly act and head for higher ground. Remember, never drive across flooded roads; moving water can easily lift a vehicle and sweep it downstream. Turn Around, Don't Drown!

The breakfast bar is open.
breakfastbar.jpg
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc! Good to see ya!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Flo, I'll have the breakfast bar this morning. Probably going to eat way too much but after the last few days I think I deserve to be bad......... Got the dead (brand new) hard drive all boxed up and ready to go back to ClubMac. The only good thing is that they are paying all the shipping and have overnighted another drive to me. Should arrive on Tuesday due to the holiday. Hopefully this one will mount on the desktop and work. I had one other drive that blew the firewire ports in thunderstorm right after I got it. That one LaCie made good and is the only large drive (500GB) still working right now. It has 380 GBs of AIFF files for DJing on it as well as all my backup from my main computer. Also found out last night that the lady at the Mac store gave me the wrong adapter for my MacBook to connect to VGA monitors and equipment. She gave me the regular DVI to VGA and the laptop needs the Mini DVI to VGA. That means a trip back to the store before I can check out settings for my projector and 2nd. monitor. And.... I don't dare drive the truck out of town until the brakes and whatever else I ##^%% up are fixed next week.

Got 3 days of work to get done today, so I best get to it! See you later.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hummm, some A*****E knocked the mirror off my new car last night... Had to give my wife my car and call the insurance agency. The guy on the phone was like "Is there any indication as to who might have done it? Did they leave a note?" so my immediate thought is "If they did, would I be calling you now!?".
 
Josh are they dumb or what, i put the picture of the control tower up as your working on the Santa Fe tower,,,this one's not as big but it's very impressive and it's pretty much unique.
Got my dirt and grime air brush paint today so it's all systems go.
later
 
Afternoon All ! Getting ready for the first picnics of the summer .Hope everyone is having a good weekend !!!
 
Scratch that, I went back out and looked at it, it seems as if the previous owner broke it, then glued & taped it back together. Now to wait until the dealer calls me back.
 


Josh :o whoops :o

Got my new pots of paint out and found two of them were powder pigments for plaster :o :o :o oh well did a test with the dark rust colour on a few trucks,,,YUK not very rusty looking when dry so i'll get another shade and go over them.
 
Evening yall,

Most of the day was spent at my daughter Sarah's High School graduation ceremony and associated festivities. Not much in the way of MRR to report, at least nothing worth photographing and posting to the WTF thread. Dug up this Kato SD40-2 that I bought used on ebay a few years back; it's totally different [inside] from my Kato SD38-2's, no indication of what goes to the motor -vs- what goes to the rails. (Another "opportunity for technical growth", eh?)

Josh sorry to hear about the car mirror troubles.

Steve I saw some of your proto pix, I didn't know you live that close to Sodor! :D
 
KenL, congartulations to you daughter. Now you can start paying for college. Another opportunity for technical growth is right. Wouldn't it be nice if those didn't show up for awhile?
About the only thing going on here is rain. As of yesterday we had 2.75 inches. Today I don't know since it was raining too hard for me to go out and check the rain gauge tonight. The pond has gained about a foot so it's been quite a bit.
Well time for bed.
Good Night All
 
Well the mega garden shed is nearly complete, maximum the council will allow without a permit:D It's an all wood kitset ( I did some kitbashing and made it taller, couldn't resist;) ) It would actually make a very good home for an RR and it's portable (with a crane truck)

We have the inspection tomorrow with the builder, final spot check and repair.

Looks like we'll be moving Wednesday *fingers crossed* without landscaping finished:( The two landscapers are layabout kind of guys so with me off work I can kick some a..

I'm nackered now, still fluey and I've worked hard, first time since we sold the ranch!!

Catch ya'll later.

Ken.
 
The US once had a section that wanted to seperate itself from the rest of the nation, and did. It was the CSA, the Confederate States of America. The United States government wasn't going to stand for this, and rightly so. After much political debate and bickering the southern states let their cannon do their talking for them, at Ft. Sumpter. After nearly 5 years of unrelenting war, the south was defeated, but at a terrible price. Was it worth it? Yes. Had the union remained divided, the US would not be the nation it is today. Ancestors of mine, both European immigrants and Native Americans alike, fought on both sides. Many were killed. They died fighting for what they believed in. Some fought for the Union, some for the Confederacy. Today, it doesn't matter what side they were on, except to the historians. They are all veterans, Union and Confederate alike, they are remembered as American veterans, and that is how I will remember them on Memorial Day. As American veterans who died for their country, to defend the rights and beliefs that were important to them, to defend their homeland, their freedom and their way of life. As you look around at all that you have, at your family, your home, I ask you, what is more important than that?
 
mornin all, raining today so more painting practice
Ken M hope the move goes well for you all and you don't find to many snags on the inspection.
Ken L That's a big step up the ladder of life for Sarah, give her our congrat's will ya.
Jeffery i think way to many people today take all nice stuff for granted, they don't understand what people have given in the past, a friend of mine was a POW and was forced to work in Poland in the consentration camp's, recently he went on a tour of local secondary school's to explane the horror's of war, and what was sacraficed to build a better future for generations to come, sadley though dementure has started to affect him so he can't go on.
 


Good Morning All

Been very busy in the yard these past few days. However took the morning off and mey up with Siberiamo (Missouri Tom) who normally posts in "Classic Trains" He and another forum member decided to take the Train to Halifax and points between and so we had a chance to meet up. Of course this meant a trip to the LHS so I could show himround and pick up the 2-10-2!Big Smile :D Ya Baby YAaaaa

Ken: Congrats to you and your Daughter and the posting of photos on the WT* site:o

KenZ: I'm back to work in 10 days and I'm no where near near finished prepping the garden. Because of the deck extension I'll have to add a 50' x 3' retaining wall. I plated three trees 2 days ago and I have beds to replenish with new soil and then there are the transplants. Anyway I have a 1/4 ton load of bark mulch to hump up to the rockery so I best get cracking!

Gardening/lanscaping is not for the feeble minded!

Later All
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top