Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a big surprise today. I heard a knock at the door a while ago and went to see who it was and I was so surprised I almost fell over. It was my young friend David, known at Trains.com as TrainMaster. Some months back, his father got a good job in Denver, the first good job he's had in his entire life. He and the family relocated there immediatly. Well, after a little while, David's mother started having some rather alarming medical problems show up and it was found that she was violently allergic to something in the area. It was suggested that she move back to Louisiana since she has friends and family here and hadn't had any problems until she left here. David decided to come back with her, being as he's only 13 he didn't have a lot of choice in the matter. I knew they were coming back but I wasn't expecting them for another month because the boy had to finish school. I only found out a little while ago that they said 'hang the school and move now, we'll worry about any problems with the schools later'. Right now they're all here, David, his mother and father. They have to get the rental truck unpacked today so that his father can start back to Denver in the morning. It won't be the first time they've been seperated and probably won't be the last.
 
Fergie, congrats to you and Lisa. I hope that you did something really speical for her.
Not much going on here except for working cows and working on the 7.5inch gauge. We're getting ready for the meet over at my friends track. Everything is almost ready and the track is in better shape then it's been in years. For a change we started early, not just a couple of weeks before the meet.
Well it's time for bed so I'll say Good Night.
 


Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


05-21-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Congtrats Fergie & Lisa.

Just home from a meal at the casino, lovely buffet feed and drinks, then wandered round the floor for awhile. put $20 in a pokie machine and in less then 5mins came away with $440!!:D

A very nice feeling, came home and gave my Sister $100 for baby sitting, she was shocked but needs the money:D A really nice feeling!!

Ken.
 
Fergie, congrats to both of you on your 18th!

NZKen, better hurry and spend that remaining $340 on some train stuff pronto, before Jan comes up with a 'sensible' use for it...:D

Jeff, glad your friend is back in town, but too bad about his Mom's allergies...it's rough on a family always being apart like that!

. . .

G2G, see ya!
 
Thank you one and all.

Lisa was more than happy with her 12 long stem roses. If I was to get her anything more she'd be upset!

It was a quiet day yesterday as the heavens continued to douse us with water.
However it did dry up in late in the afternoon so we fed the kids and Dad and walked down to the local "Ale House" had Schnitzel and German Style potatoes. It was good and very quiet! The way I like it!!

Still working on the decoder issue but it is slowly working it's way through. One of the LED's is blinking intermittently and after checking the connections have come to the conclusion the resister might not have enough resistance. The Forward LED (warm) lights up the basement as it is incredibly bright.

Anyhow the weather looks reasonable so I think I may make this a "Garden Day".

Later All

Fergie
 
Congrats Fergie,

Morning Gents.

Got my garden planted and now that it is out of the way, I got back to the basement for a few hours. I don't have any pictures to post as I just spent the time sketching in a sketchbook and roughing out the sketch on the walls for the backdrop. It felt good.
 
Good Morning to everyone ! The sun finally came out late yesterday and this morning it's shining brightly again. Gonna get some outside work done . Hope all of you have a real nice day ! NZ Ken congrats on your winings. Fergie congrats to you and your wife on the Anniversary , MIne is coming up on June 2 it will be our 34th year of marriage and you know it gets better every year !
 
Fergie, a late, but very warm "Congratulations on your Anniversary". I guess I missed something about your problems with the lights/decoder problem. Is this a Tsunami? You may have already done this, but have you set the LED Compensation Mode? (ref., page 32, USERS GUIDE) These settings may help with your brightness and etc. ;) :)
 


Mornin' folks! (Oh-oh! Afternoon already) Didn't get in here over the weekend. I was doing live sound for a Girl Scout Camporee. About 800 Girl Scouts, Leaders, and Staff (never saw so many "Soccer Moms" in one place before...........). I've been over to school getting things ready for the High School Choral Concert tomorrow. When I got home there was a box from Walthers with some modular building stuff in it. I guess in all my spare time, I can start working on the city block that will go behind the Hopewell Junction yard. This morning I ordered a 1 TB hard drive to replace the old one that died last week. I can now buy a 1 TB drive cheaper than the 500 GB drives were 2 years ago........

Fergie, congratulations to you and the "better" half on your anniversary. My 41st. would have been a month ago. Nice sunny day here in the Finger Lakes. I better get the lawn mowed today or I will have to bale it after it is cut....

See you all later!
 
Afternoon all, nice sunny day here, just had kebabs for tea, very nice as well, had them with a nice salad and avacado oil, Mmmm
Ken M nice win Ken,
 
Good morning.

I might not be on again today. Due to problems I was experiencing with my modem last night, I'll be taking it in to the local office to exchange it for another.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/22/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 67°F
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 63°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph NNE

Today High: 82 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Now for some information for the rest of the nation.

wmap.png


Springtime thunderstorms will once again target areas of the central U.S. while warmer weather returns to the East.
A storm system over the Northern Plains will help to enhance the threat for thunderstorms, some of which could be severe with large hail, high winds and tornadoes.
Though the greatest threat will stretch from the panhandle of Texas northward through Nebraska, expect scattered thunderstorms anywhere from Minneapolis southward to Houston with temperatures ranging from the upper 60s north to the upper 80s south.
Further east, abundant sunshine and warmer temperatures will continue with a large area of high pressure centered to the north. Highs will once again reach well into the 70s and 80s east of the Mississippi. The exception will be northern New England where temperatures will struggle to get out of the 50s.
Typical afternoon showers and thunderstorms will be likely for southern Florida along with a slight chance of showers across the central Mid-Atlantic.
After several days in a row of oppressive heat in the Desert Southwest, some relief will occur with high temperatures only reaching into the 80s and low 90s.
The Pacific Coast will remain cool near Seattle but warming southward towards Los Angeles with mostly sunny skies.

pancakes.jpg
 
Morning fellas, not much new to report just working away on kits in the evenings after getting all the necessary chores done.
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Alcomotive!

Another very pleasant day here in the Finger Lakes. Just look at Jeffrey's map and it says so! Going to be a long day of rehearsals, meetings, and a concert tonight! Doubt that I will get get to the train rooms at all today.

See everyone later! Have a good day!
 
Morning from work Gents,

Yesterday I got a courtesy call from Verizon, my online provider. They said that if I didin't pay by midnight my service would be cut off. (Oops) She gave me the option of check by phone, credit card, and Internet. I picked Internet and paid the bill.

They cut off my home Internet account anyway. I called to find out why and it seems that if I pay using their computer, it takes 3 days to post.

I reminded them that I have been working with computers for 25 years and even my TRS-80 could do it faster than 3 days.

That's when he flat out lied to me. He told me he would try te expidite it. I it took me 25 minutes to get to talk to him. I'm sure he has all the time world to expedite my case.

So for the next few days, I'm going to have to learn all my options for treating my ED at the office.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Fergie congrats on your Anniversary and also to you Paul on your upcoming 34th. Glendia and I have got you by one year and six days as she will celebrate 35 years this coming Sunday. I celebrate nothing so for me it will be just another day as was my recent birthday. On that day my oldest daughter had to remind me as to what day it was, well my grandson Colton brought me in a birthday card. Again Congrats to Fergie and Paul.
 


Afternoon Nick & Chip

got an invite today to go to Birmingham (UK not Bama) to represent Paccar parts leyland at the international safety & health show, also incorporating International fire and rescue expo, how to fit everything at the show into one day will be fun, there's a disaster managment simulator where you take control of a power station as a fire develops, you have to control the water pumps, close door's shut down power and allsorts of other stuff, if you get it right you get a decent prize, i'll be on the lookout for other usefull products, one is a new working at height lanyard developed to counter "suspension trauma" in a person hanging, suspension trauma occurs when blood is cut off to the legs, when the persons weight is taken off the harness blood containing toxins enters the rest of the body's system poisoning them, not nice, so hopefully this new product could help save lives.

TTFN
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top