Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx y'all, for the anniversary well-wishes! Congrats also to Steve and Buffalo-Paul, and to NZKen for your future wedding.

I get hauled up in the Garden and buried in the flowers and miss all the excitement! Many well wishes to you Ken, Buffula Paul, Steve and Ken!

Yes the Garden got planted and I finally got back to sea! And there was a call for frost last night. (I'm waiting for an e-mail from home to see what the damage is:( )

Good Morning All!

We'll be out until July 4th when we will be back in Halifax. I have about four or five MR kit's to build including a Erie Steam Shovel so at least I will be busy in my off time.

Later All

Fergie
 
Good Morning Bill , KenL & Nick B, Nice morning but the Mid-west storms are coming our way , Hope that the high winds & hail stay south of us. Well gonna go and batton down the hatches, Have a nice day all !!!!! ANd good mornin to Fergie also and thanks for the well wishes all !!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing Indiana got for the storms was a lot of wind. We could have used some rain but in the form of storms maybe a good thing we didn't get any. Hail would not have been a god thing on the $25,000 worth of plants at the True Value Hardware.
 


Morning
Paul, Larry, Fergie, Alco, Nick

Have a good trip Fergie

Got an E-mail today about the dragline excavator i bought,,, damn idiots lost it, got a full refund though, not quite the same though.

Also got told today i'm off work next week to do a H&S course at the Lancashire fire and rescue centre,,, Oh well
 
Morning all!
Fergie, have a save trip.

Larry, that was Carey who used to live in Selma. I would never have told anyone.:D :D When you do journey down South, I will join Carey to go there and meet you. He has been after me for months to go and see some of the old train sites. I will probably have my courage built up by that time:D .

Steve, you guys talking about draglines and shovels make me want to finally put together my Kibri dragline.

All the rest of you Mugs with Bugs, "Have a Great Day!":) :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Carey did you see this post I did for ya???

Yes I did Alco. I thought that I had acknowledged it, if not then my sincere apologies. I printed those directions out, as daughter lives just off of the interstate in Maulmelle. I fully intend to get back over there soon. Maybe even next month!

Been a busy few days around here. Pam and I went over to a friends house and picked out a new cat. Although all were adorable, Pam fell in love with a male kitten that is part Siamese. It has the basic color of a Siamese, but definitely has the deep blue eyes of one. Pam had it in her lap and the way the cat looked at her, reminded her of the character, Yoda, from the Star Wars movies. So that's what his name is now. :cool:

I've been babysitting all three of our animals while they get used to each other. One of our dogs Cinnamon, can't understand why the kitten won't play with her and seems to bark,"Please, come play with me!" everytime she looks at the cat. :) The kitten is only 8 weeks old so he's still a little young to be playing with a full grown dog.

Larry;

Too bad about not making it to Selma this year. Wish ya could. Selma is a very old town, with a great history going back before the civil war. During the war it was the second largest supplier of arms to the Confederacy, second only to Richmond. It had an arsenal, a navy yard, and several other small arms factories, that were destroyed right at the end of the war. It was also the site of Nathan B Forrest's worse defeat during the war.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon everyone!

89° right now in The Finger Lakes. I decided to do some house cleaning instead of working in the garden..... My sister from South Bend is coming East next week to inter her husbands ashes in the family plot. Since I haven't had any time to do cleaning (or gardening, or work on the layout) in the last few weeks, I thought it would be nice to have the house looking a bit better than it does now.

I actually have been been spending a few minutes every once in a while working on something on the layout. I hope to have some photos for the WPF thread this weekend.

Have to get going as I am doing sound for the Middle School Play tonight and their dress rehearsal with sound is this afternoon.......
 
Sorry about the mix-up Carey/Rex Sure hope I didn't make either of you mad. LOL LOL LOL
Yes Carey I would like ot make the trip my Aunt is a real hoot to be around. The last time there was for my grandmothers funeral and they had fried chicken coming form the kazoos. There was so much of it we all got tired of eating chicken. As we were leaving I had to go back in the house for something and upon going back out to the truck she chased me out of the house with a bag of chicken hollering at the top of her lungs YOU FORGOT YOUR CHEEECKEN. My wife and uncle just about lost it as he was taking us to the GM dealership for get our car back after the repairs (air conditioner and alternator went out at the same time while we at grandmas funeral) so we could head home.That is one trip we all still talk about.
 
Mornin all, Very fine sunny day here, was bit foggy at 6am though, neverless we got out for some steamy action, a couple of steam trains ran through this morning, we had no chance of making it to see the thrid one though, i put some pic's on WPF, got a picnic to prepare
later folk's
 


Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


06-09-07

:eek:

donuts_2.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Good Morning ! Steve and Bill , I'll have a cup of coffww and some eggbeaters today Flo. We had a nice cold front blow through last night what was left of the one that went thru the Mid West . Lots of wind and rain . but survived with just a few down limbs from the Old Maple. Nice and sunny today and a bit cooler in the 70's . Going to a Polish Festival today so gonna try and do some polkas if the hip allows me. Take care all and hav a nice Saturday !!!!
 
G'mornin all,

Usual weekend mix of honey dues and modeling in my near future. Haven't been on here much lately, because I'm up to my eyeballs in a loco-painting project. I've got this Atlas C40-8 in CSX Stealth (solid gray) livery that I'm changing to their Bright Future scheme (yellow/blue/gray) - very time-consuming, requires lots of concentration. Getting that shell off the chassis was a bear of a job.

Steve - condolences about the idoits losing your dragline, the pain is 10 times worse when somebody tells you your'e getting something nice then turn around and say you're not. Sort of like snapping a once-in-a-lifetime photo on film, then the processing center wrecks it and cheerfully says "Don't worry we're giving you a brand new roll of film!" (BTW- check your PM box)

Fergie, ahoy - back at sea now, eh? Time to get the ol' model assembly line crankin' again!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/9/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 87°F
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 75°F

So Far Today
High: 81°F
Low: 77°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph WSW

Today High: 92 Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 72 Decreasing clouds. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

The breakfast bar is open.

breakfastbar.jpg
 
Afternoon all
Ken PM'd you back, it was a UK specialist,,, they even said what a fantastic model it was and they are very upset at losing,,, not as upset as me.
 
Evening Gang: I spent the day over at the track getting ready for the meet. I didn't do any railroading just cleaning up trash and cleaning up the last minute stuff. The temperature was high and the humidity was very high. It really took it out of me.
Steve: What was the drag line? It's too bad it got lost. At least you got your money back.
Well I'm going to hit the sack.
KenL I'll try and remember to give you a call tomorrow around 1pm.
Good Night All
 
Hi everyone! Thought I would stop by and have a Pepsi before heading to the barn. I managed to get two tortoises installed and a few locos PM'd today. I sure hope it's not as hot tomorrow as it was today at 98 deg.F with a heat index of 103. It poured rain on the other side of town yesterday and not a drop fell here. I guess the yard will have to be planted in cacti because I can't afford to continue watering. We will just try to keep the plants and bushes alive. Does anyone know where I can get some artificial turf seeds. I think that I will seed the yard with them.:D

Now, there is a statewide open-fire ban in effect. This includes all fireworks. Ah, heck with the weather. If we turn into a desert, we will just pack up and head to the mountains... maybe move in with NZKen.:eek: :D Hey Ken, you want another pair of grandparents?:D :D
 
Only if ya'll can handle our frosts!!! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR it's been real cold these last couple of mornings.

Back to work tomorrow (for a rest!!) boy we've been busy with the house. we still have a storage container to sort out (alot of MR stuff, all that wood!!)

I will take some photos when the sun comes thru and show you my front fence, I'm very proud:)

well CSI las vagas is on, my fav so see ttfn

Ken.
 
Hey our All Blacks play Canada at the weekend (RUGBY!!!) no helmets like your football:eek: We usually thrash them!!:D watch it if you can

Ken.
 


Morning all, evening Ken 74f today outside, only went down to 70f all night. Rex That's warm, Astroturf is what you want, or some of mine, it won't stop growing, must be the rabbit droppings.

Paul i bought an NZG dragline excavator in 1/87 scale, got it for below half MRP and was very happy,,, till the shop's packers posted it to the wrong place, but forgot were, oh well, all is not lost though, our Ken is working on a plan.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top