Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris It's a bummer at the mo trying to find work, i am desperate to find a part time job that pays anything above the minimum wage i earn at the one i do now, FWIW i earn about £90 a week for my morning job and about the same for my fire service job, combined thats about 3 times less than i earned at Paccar but times are tough, good luck fella in your job hunting.

Rex lmao your dogs must be related to my cat, it's just torn the newspaper to shreds in his hunt for invisible mice

Check This Out ignore the stupid advert at the start

At this point in the game all I need is Part time 25-32 hours a week @ $7.25 an hour and life won't be so suxish! Just everybody else has the same Idea of having a second job! II was thinking of swimming a cross the pond and Be an illegal in your country and run a 7-11!:D But knowing it sux there too......... I'm going to Mexico or Canada?.........On second thought, Mexico it is!:p:D

Had a surprise when I went outside this morning. Seems our dogs wanted to read the manual for the new camera and went through the pages, ripping and tearing, little piles of sorted pages here and there:eek:. I knew that I should not have left it on the coffee table last night :mad:. Crap! Now I have to order a new one.
Why not find it online at their website, and print it from there?

Had a surprise when I went outside this morning. Seems our dogs wanted to read the manual for the new camera and went through the pages, ripping and tearing, little piles of sorted pages here and there:eek:.

Rex, you must have the patience of a Saint, I dont think, under the same situation, that I would not have take what was left and force fed it to them, from either end!:eek:

Crap! Now I have to order a new one.

There's a pun in there somewhere, especially if they ate some of the pages!:D

Whew! that's a relief, thought we were headed for a rough time :D

Cheers
Willis

To cold in Kanada! Mexico, i'll fit in better any ways!:D So my question is if I cross illegally in to Mexico would I be a Dry back, Wet Back, or would I still be a Greengo:confused:?

Been a busy day for me. Went to town to get gas for the van then to Walgreen's to get a new clip-on sunglasses attachment for my glasses. From there to Autozone to get a couple of parts for the van. One was a new turn signal flasher. The old one still worked but would start out flashing slow and would speed up the longer it was on and the flasher unit would get really hot. It was likely too small as it was one of those little plastic import jobs. It would get so hot sometimes that it would pop the plastic body off. I decided I better replace it before it started a fire. Went to Lowe's and picked up half a dozen of those little green chemical light sticks and a small sanding blocks. I put the light sticks in my vans tool box. Never can tell when they'll come in handy. Also looked for an engine size emblem. Couldn't find one for 318 or 5.2 but I did find one for 5.3. That works out to something like 323 cubic inches. I grabbed it. I wanted two of them but the one was all they had. Later I'll go back and see if they have any more. That accounted for the morning. When I got home my father picked me up to go with him to the Toro Boat Service out by Toledo Bend lake to pick up his boat. The lights on it have all been replaced, the electrical system has been replaced, a new control station installed, new throttle cables and a new steering system put in and it now sports a newly rebuilt 90 hp Evinrude V4 motor. It had originally come with a 75 hp Evinrude motor. The greater engine weight had made the boats center of gravity on the trailer right over the axle. In fact it's balanced so precisely that I can push the tongue of the trailer up and down with two fingers of one hand. We put three 80 pound concrete blocks on the tongue to keep it down. Those three blocks together weigh as much as I do so I don't think it's going anywhere. But I tell you what, the brakes on his truck were letting him know there was something pretty darn heavy back there. It was just after 5 pm when we got back so it was time for me to get ready to go out to dinner with my sister and niece. It's not every day I get to ride in a six speed Honda Accord Si Sport with a true lead foot. That pretty much accounts for my day. No work on the layout today. Seems like almost every time I plan to get some work done other people want me to help them with their stuff. When do I get some time?

Why not find it online at their website, and print it from there?
The Canon website does have the manual downloading only, but it would be 260 pages to print and be the devil to try and put that size (~4x6) in a binder. I did find a place in North Carolina that reprints and puts them in spiral binders. They have two sizes 5.5x8 and 8.5x11, so I ordered both for $25. Their binders will certainly be easier to turn pages than the small original paper back and the savings in ink made it worth it.

Karl: You just don't know how much the gritting wore down my teeth. Man, I was pissed but I just walked around the yard before coming back and smacking them in the head with a hand full of pages. They didn't come near me for hours.;):D

01/16/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

Diner.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png

:eek:

Rex Rex Have a look on utube for tutorials, there's loads for my Sony Alpha and TBH they are in one language not 73 like in my paper manual.

Good morning. It's 51° and extremely wet. The high is supposed to be 52° and there's a 70+% chance of rain. Rain and a thunderstorm as the weather guesser calls it.

No particular plans for today. I may get some more shellac onto the layout later. For some reason (rain maybe?) I don't think anybody will be calling me to help them with their stuff. But then again there's no telling what the future may bring. I have a Proto 1000 F3-A and I'm wondering if an Athearn F7 shell will fit on it or for that matter a Bachmann FT shell. I may experiment with that today.

The Canon website does have the manual downloading only, but it would be 260 pages to print and be the devil to try and put that size (~4x6) in a binder. I did find a place in North Carolina that reprints and puts them in spiral binders. They have two sizes 5.5x8 and 8.5x11, so I ordered both for $25. Their binders will certainly be easier to turn pages than the small original paper back and the savings in ink made it worth it.

Karl: You just don't know how much the gritting wore down my teeth. Man, I was pissed but I just walked around the yard before coming back and smacking them in the head with a hand full of pages. They didn't come near me for hours.;):D

Say Rex,

I'm quite sure Canon will be able to send you out another instruction manual at a minimal cost if they do charge you?

I'm sure those things have happened before.

Well Ok, I didn't read through your complete post above and see you wanted the larger size anyway so that is good then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've discovered that the Athearn F7 body will fit on the Proto 1000 chassis but it's a very tight fit and almost takes an act of congress to get it back off. The Proto 1000 F3 body fits on the Athearn chassis with no problem. The Athearn body fits on the Bachmann chassis with only a minor alteration to the pilot for the front coupler. The Bachmann FT body will fit on the Proto 1000 frame but I have to add a couple of shims to the rear of the frame to keep the rear of the body from sitting too low.

Bachmann FT shell on Proto 1000 frame.
P1011286.jpg

You know, Dave, I didn't even think about calling Canon customer service (got to used to these dang computers). Yeah, the small manual that I ordered is only a little bit larger than the original, but has the advantage of being in a spiral binder. Guess I will wait and see what it looks like and if it will do the job.

Steve, this Canon came with one manual English and another one in Spanish. I know, unusual. I hate it when I buy something and the manual is 2 inches thick and you open it up: English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Thai, Himalayan, Samoan, Watusi, Apache, Comanche, and all point east. :D

Rex...I cannot imagine that those two sweet, innocent little puppies could do something so dastardly. It must have been the cat!

Rex...I cannot imagine that those two sweet, innocent little puppies could do something so dastardly. It must have been the cat!

Sorry to say this, but if it were the cat, it just would have been peed on.

Dont ask my how I know this. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I found that the Athearn loco had a dead motor. I looked around here and found a better motor for the chassis. It's a Roundhouse MDC motor with blue box flywheels and they absolutely would not come off for anything! So I got some parts together and removed the locos hex drive and converted it to blue box spline drive. It runs good and has that distinctive Athearn growl. It runs at a fairly respectable speed forward and a little over half speed in reverse. Athearn trucks, MDC worms and worm housing clips, MDC splines, MDC motor. Oh well, at least it runs now.

Now to list the days confusion. I started out with three locomotives. An Athearn F7, a Proto 1000 F3 and a Bachmann FT and commenced to scramble them up. The Bachmann FT shell is now on the Proto 1000 F3 chassis, The F3 shell is now on the Athearn F7 chassis and the Athearn F7 shell is now on the Bachmann FT chassis. The Athearn chassis needed a new motor and drive line so I sacrificed an old MDC RS3 for the cause. The Bachmann chassis had to be rewired so I cut some pieces of wire from some old telephone and did the job with that. Whereas only one of the locos ran this morning all three run now and nothing really looks out of place.

Now to list the days confusion. I started out with three locomotives. An Athearn F7, a Proto 1000 F3 and a Bachmann FT and commenced to scramble them up. The Bachmann FT shell is now on the Proto 1000 F3 chassis, The F3 shell is now on the Athearn F7 chassis and the Athearn F7 shell is now on the Bachmann FT chassis. The Athearn chassis needed a new motor and drive line so I sacrificed an old MDC RS3 for the cause. The Bachmann chassis had to be rewired so I cut some pieces of wire from some old telephone and did the job with that. Whereas only one of the locos ran this morning all three run now and nothing really looks out of place.
Why does that remind me of this guy? (good job, anyway):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back