Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning gang!!
Flo! Howabout 3 eggs over easy, with hash browns and toast, no, english muffings, also a side order of bacon, 3 pancakes and sausage gravy w/ biscuits! Yes, I'm a little hungry!:rolleyes:
Were supposed to get 3-5 inches of white stuff starting today....probably just in time for the evening rush hour.....oh boy! :rolleyes:
I cant imagine a lot of snow, the air is tooooo dry here! Petting the cat at night kinda looks like a mini fireworks display :eek: Dry air = puffy staticy kitty! LOL!!!:D
He don't think it's the least bit funny!!!

Good morning folks

It was 24 F as I headed out this morning. High will be 32 F. We have the end of the world coming as we are expecting 4 to 10 inches of snow depending on who you listen to.

We had a crazy weekend. My son and I were supposed to go with his Boy Scout troop for Winter Survival camping. He came down with a bad head cold with a fever on Friday. As a result we decided it would be prudent that he did not go. As it turned out it was a good thing as I came down with something and was running a low grade fever. The scouts had to set up their tents in the snow which both my son and I thought would have been different. We got about 3 inches of snow on Saturday. We started to take down the Christmas decorations.

Now my wife is down with something and has been out of commission for the last couple of days. She will be seeing the doctor later today.

Tonight depending on the weather my daughter has volleyball tonight.

At some point I hope to get to the pile on the workbench.

I hope everybody has a good day.

It's 28 degrees here, and we are expecting up to 6 inches of snow. it is already looking pretty nasty here and it's only 10 a.m. I'm glad I bought cigarettes yesterday.

Well I am going to go get some sanding screens to do my drywall sanding. It's finally dry enough to work down there today. I just don't know how much I will be able to get done due to my wife and the boys being home. I'm sure my wife will have plenty of work to do today. Hope everyone has a safe day!!

Our snow is over ... now for a couple of days of driving stupidity :rolleyes:
Yes, I'm not so afraid of my own driving, but I am afraid of the people that drive like there's nothing on the road but concrete. One of them plowed into one of my neighbors in the driveway here last night. He did his usual "drive 50mph, then spin the steering wheel" turn into our apartment complex. Only thing is, he spun the wheel, and kept going straight--into the car sitting waiting for traffic. He said he couldn't understand what happened, he has 4wd on his SUV... Moron...

Rex- you knew it was coming, so I may as well do it and get it over with.

Wahoo!! AUBURN is the 2010 BCS college football champion! War Eagle!
Great game by the Oregon Ducks and the Auburn Tigers.

I'm sure it was an entertaining game for fans not emotionally envolved in the game. It appears to have a a large viewing audience, who saw a defensive struggle. Most expected a very high scoring game, but 37 days to prepare to defend....
I'll enjoy it for a few minutes more, then admit that there is little chance they will repeat next year.

I guess it is also time to put up the Christmas train set. That will really end this Holiday Season for me!

He said he couldn't understand what happened, he has 4wd on his SUV... Moron...

Thats why its called 4 wheel drive, and not 4 wheel steer or 4 wheel brake! :D

They really outta sell 4wd to people who can prove they can use it properly and understand its limitations.

I agree,,,,what a moroon! :eek:

Snow,,, we now have an southerly of a monsoon coming our way, that should see off the last of the white stuff :( not as bad as in Australia i hope, they are in real big trouble in Queensland, god bless the one's who have died and the one's swept away that are missing

i got a rat at work the other day,,, 2 feet from nose to tail tip, how bout that :) it was a real fat thing to, well over fed on our cafe bins.

Good Afternoon Guys,
It's fairly decent here at about 50*, but cloudy and could rain. Not really all that bad compared to what I read many of you report though.

Yes, I'm not so afraid of my own driving, but I am afraid of the people that drive like there's nothing on the road but concrete. One of them plowed into one of my neighbors in the driveway here last night. He did his usual "drive 50mph, then spin the steering wheel" turn into our apartment complex. Only thing is, he spun the wheel, and kept going straight--into the car sitting waiting for traffic. He said he couldn't understand what happened, he has 4wd on his SUV... Moron...

Ya, it seems too many folks don't really comprehend anything about the traction of their tires in different weather conditions or even what not to do such as fast movements of the steering wheel in icy or snowy conditions.

It's good that your all defensive drivers, my dad taught me to beware of the other guy and expect the unexpected from them when driving and the above certainly proves this to be true.

Stay alert and aware of what happening around you both in front and to the rear for the most part as that will help you to avert many dangerous situations. I also never stop too close the the vehicle in front of me to give myself a buffer zone that I can pull ahead if the guy coming up behind me looks like he can't stop in time. That's saved me on a couple of occassions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rex- you knew it was coming, so I may as well do it and get it over with.

Wahoo!! AUBURN is the 2010 BCS college football champion! War Eagle!
Great game by the Oregon Ducks and the Auburn Tigers.

I'm sure it was an entertaining game for fans not emotionally envolved in the game. It appears to have a a large viewing audience, who saw a defensive struggle. Most expected a very high scoring game, but 37 days to prepare to defend....
I'll enjoy it for a few minutes more, then admit that there is little chance they will repeat next year.

I guess it is also time to put up the Christmas train set. That will really end this Holiday Season for me!

Ok! Ok! Ok! Jeeze man, you would think that this only happens every 53 years or so.:p:p:D
Just kidding. I'm proud of (cough, spit, choke, cough again) Auburn and their Championship. How about what you said earlier: two national championships in a row by two different state teams and each with a Heisman trophy winner for their year.
Auburns offense sure sputtered and spit, but the Defense WOW!; they were incredible. I told you the Ducks were like lightning, but the AU defense stopped them before they could break out.

What is this now, six straight Nat'l Championships for the SEC.

01/12/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

Diner.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png

:mad:

Good morning. It's 23 degrees here in the great frozen tundra of North Carolina.
I'm going to attempt to make it out of the driveway today, and head to work. The parking lot is a sheet of ice, so this should be interesting. My wife made a strange discovery about traction control: You have to turn it off to drive in snow and ice. If it's on, the traction control makes the drive wheels rotate at the same speed as the driven wheels. Taking off from a stoplight, that speed is zero. So, the car just sits there.

Terry- I see you forwarded Rexs gift of snow, thanks for the snowday!

Drew- Looks like your area is going to get a bit more then we will, hope things dont get to sloppy.

Not doing much today, probably have to snowblow twice, and hopefully a package is arriving for me today with a new SW1500 in it, painted in CP Rail colors of course :D.

If you have to sign for a package, and they leave one of those little slips on Monday, do you have to call for redelivery or will they automatically re-deliver it?

Have a good one!

Good morning. It's 23 degrees here in the great frozen tundra of North Carolina.
I'm going to attempt to make it out of the driveway today, and head to work. The parking lot is a sheet of ice, so this should be interesting. My wife made a strange discovery about traction control: You have to turn it off to drive in snow and ice. If it's on, the traction control makes the drive wheels rotate at the same speed as the driven wheels. Taking off from a stoplight, that speed is zero. So, the car just sits there.

Strange,,,,,,mine is different. When driving in snow, and starting from a stop, if I want I can just romp on it. The car will alternate power between the front wheels and control the engine rpm until I'm moving again and up to speed. I dont even notice it when going uphill if I'm under way, cept for a little yellow light on the dash comes on breifly. The only time I ever turn it off is if I want to smoke the front tires ie. sitting at a traffic light next to a rice burning import that sounds like a ghetto blaster on wheels. The look they give me when I boil the tires all the way through the intersection is priceless! Old dude in an Oldsmobile be breakin bad!!:eek: Of course, I only see them through the rear view mirror!:D

Good morning. It's 24° and sunny. Today's high should be 44° and mostly cloudy. We have a north wind of 8 mph with gusts to 12 mph. Not bad but coming across the lake as it is it carries a wind chill of 15°. I have NO intention of going outside for ANYTHING until it warms up a bit!

Got more sanding done on the layout yesterday and now have the joint compound fairly smooth. The next step is to seal it with shellac so it won't soak a bunch of paint later. I got my parents video camera charged up last night and packed back into it's box. I had thin out the paperwork with it (most of it unnecessary) to make room for the charger. It has to be packed with the camera or they'll lose it. What a pain that was. I finally made enough room in the box for the camera, the charger, the case for the SD card and the instruction booklet. Believe it or not that was the easy part. The hard part will be teaching them how to use it. I'm not really looking forward to it.

Good morning all! Right now it's 30 degrees and it promises to get colder as the day goes on. We have about 4 to 6 inches on the ground by now, and with the wind it promises to drift alot. My wife is off school today but my boys only had a 2 hour delay. Boy they were mad! My wife teaches in a county school that is literally out in the middle of nowhere. The drifts get pretty bad out there. My boys both go to a city school so they didn't have as many problems going to school today. I am planning to go to the hardware store and buying some mesh to sand with. I really need to get started on my walls in my basement. One of my older sons mudded and taped it for me but I have to sand it. I am not looking forward to it at all. Hope everybody has a good day!:D

Good morning. The menu looks good, I'll take it...:)
It's a crisp 17 here this morning. we had wind gusts up to about 25 mph last night. The wind chill was, let's see. 17 degrees, + 25 mph wind, = COLD. It was fun sliding around on the ice at work. Our lot porter was supposed to bring in a trailer we sold at the RV show last weekend, but of course he brought in the wrong one. I had to go out with the tractor to get the right one. Driving a tractor (without tire chains) towing a large, heavy RV on ice next to a 50 foot embankment with the Interstate at the bottom was not my idea of fun. At least I'm acquiring some new driving skills, but I'm not sure how useful they'll be in the "real world"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back