Wpf 11/25-12/2

Espeefan

Late getting started this week? Must be the holiday weekend.

This is a brass SP Atlantic painted in their 1920's green boiler scheme. Lots of details changed or added on this one, plus the paint is a custom mix. The masking takes a while too.

A-3Side.jpg

Hope the owner likes it!

You don't see a lot of Atlantics out there. Nice work!

My work is a little more mundane. I added fire escapes to my hotel. I only bought the escape kit a year ago!:D

newdecals009-1-1.jpg

@GrampysTrains: You and Selector shouldn't be allowed to post anymore pics because you make the rest of us look bad!!! :D:D:D:D Seriously though I always appreciate seeing a thread w/ ur work in it.. as a PRR modeler myself it is nice to see what someone w/ skill can do for the roadname!

@GrampysTrains: You and Selector shouldn't be allowed to post anymore pics because you make the rest of us look bad!!! :D:D:D:D Seriously though I always appreciate seeing a thread w/ ur work in it.. as a PRR modeler myself it is nice to see what someone w/ skill can do for the roadname!
They both put up great work:cool: and succeed well at making my 2nd class work look more like 3rd class.:D

Looks like the usual suspects this weekend so far...what a great show! :D My hat is lifted to the kit bashers. Maybe some day.....

Here are a couple of my new Sunset T1c Selkirk from the CPR in HO.

Selkirk1Finaljpgres.png

Up closer and more personal...

Selkirk2trestle_editedres.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures from everyone as usual. Jeffrey, do you have a count on how much rolling stock you own? You always have things to post, I'm jealous. :)

I was hoping to get the Mars lights done on my F7 A & C units today, but the rain has been bucketing down so I can't ride over to the new LHS I found for supplies. :( Instead I have a quick video of some more Aussie freight. :)

As some may remember my desk at work has a decent vantage point of the yard leading out behind a major train station in the Melbourne CBD, including two bypass lines that freight trains use. Well on Friday evening I heard the rumble of a diesel engine but much louder than normal, so I whipped out my phone incase it was something good. It was! :D

[YOUTUBE]nVSlkfPTGfw[/YOUTUBE]
(HD available if you click through to Youtube)

Normally only ever see the standard blocky BL class, so it was nice to see something a bit more vintage. Leading is either an X or XR class (mostly mechanical differences, hard to tell from so far away) followed by an A class streamliner, the model of which you may remember from last week's WPF. Both are owned by Pacific National but are still in the Freight Australia livery. Couldn't stay at the window to record the entire thing as I had a client on hold at the time. :mad:

Thanks, fellas. Yes, it is the latest issue from Sunset Models in HO. It was announced in the summer of 2008, and I knew enough to forget about it after posting a modest deposit. Then, in April, it was updated to 'go' status, but a much more limited run than hoped, and a price increase. (gulp!) :( It was to have been sent out for delivery to clients in late July, but it was not sent out to resellers until late early October. So, while I wisely forgot about it for two and a half years, when it sounded like it was a go, it took forever to get sent overseas, stored, distributed, and then shipped by those resellers to customers with mine being one of the very last.

It is a honey, but it doesn't like my slightly wavy roadbed (should have anchored it more often on risers and planed it better with a surform file), and it doesn't like my smaller curves. So, as I type, it is back in its carton, on a shelf, and it will see no sunrises or Sunsets for a while. :p

DSCF1239_editedres.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back