What did you get for christmas?

James S

So, Guys and Gals, let's see some pictures and small detail behind what (MR related) items you got for christmas! :D

I'll kick this off by showing you what I got! First two photos I got myself, what a nice surprise from me! :cool:

Firstly: BNSF AC4400CW #5622 by Kato

BNSF5622.jpg

Next: Athearn 'N' RTR 30k Gal Ethanol cars Procor and UTLX

ethanolcars.jpg

From Mum, Dad and my 14 year old Sister,

Mum and Dad bought me this;

A Proto N BN GP38-2 #2154
BN2154.jpg

And this Union Railroad of Oregon 50' FMC offset DD Box car #1509, My sister bought the BN 50' FMC plug door box #322486 (Both by Athearn.)

boxcars.jpg

Lets see what you got!

I buy my own stuff & my wife buys her own stuff. Mine won't be in till around Jan. 1st.

larry

I doubt I'm getting anything for the layout this Christmas but my brother did get me a nice Bachmann 2-8-0 last year. The stock market hasn't been kind to us so we've agree that $25 is all we're spending on each other this year. The 2-8-0 is sure a nice engine though.

2526atfeedmillMedium.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of my stuff wasn't mr related, but I did get a few cars, a bulk transfer conveyor kit, a couple rolls of track bed, and a lowes gift card to get the last trip of lumber, my drywall, and foam. I did get a new shop vac to keep in the basement, maybe they are implying something there. :)

My main gift was a large air purifier for the layout room. I smoke and so do some of the guys that visit, but many don't. Now I can throw away some of the surplus WWI gas masks I hand out:D. Besides, it will make it much more healthy and clean for everyone.;)

I got a real cool gift!:cool:

This nifty Upper Resp. problem that just won't go away:mad: Yes, I'm up at 12:40 cause I'm starting to run a fevor again and having trouble breathing:( = can't sleep:mad: I got a headache that will kill two horses and a small goat. I'll give this gift till tomarrow evening. If I get worst..... to the hospital I go to get the second half of my gift:mad::rolleyes:

As for christmas gifts won't know until tomarrow:(

I got's:

Wii, World at war, If ya ain't got a Wii your missing out!

Two socket sets? Taking back to get a gun for the Wii Game.

eau de toilette/polo black

Tool Box

I received a JV models trestle kit from my mother, and a pile of cash from my boss, aunt, and others. I bring up the cash because some of it will surely be used for the train budget! My wife saw my 2-8-0 pulling my Athearn heavyweight passenger cars and said it's too small and looks silly! I have permission to buy a engine! Now I just need to decide which one! I showed her the Challenger that had come through our town this fall. She was wise enough to say that would silly as well. It's a tad large to be pulling six passenger cars! So many choices!

That's what I'm looking at. I just don't like the elephant ears. Otherwise I'd buy the Athearn. Any suggestions for under two hundred dollars?

Humm, Santa left me some coal... Guess he is saying that I should do live
Steam? Just kidding My gift will be a little late so I still have no idea lol.

i got a pair of house shoes, a new electric razor (the kind with the circular things). I needed both. a tie with the words "let it snow" and plays silent night, from my 7 year old. and a heart shaped sculpture my daughter made that i will be proudly be displaying in the office.

no railroad stuff - so to speak. I did wind up with a great deal of twist ties to make trees out of and lots of stiff clear packaging to use for windows in upcoming scratchbuilt structures.

im not complaining.

haven't opened the gifts yet. waiting till later when family comes over. I did spoil myself however, got some more slides of older NYSW shots, NYSW in color book, some Erie Lackawanna rolling stock and a Athearn SD70M NYSW in 4052. Was the last one needed for all 3 road #'s. All bought on ebay. Im still waiting on some other stuff to be paid for and delivered.

I got a bar of chocolate !!! MIL got me some money but the wife spent it on her physiotherapy

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it back, I did get something railroad related - an engineer's hat from my daughter! :) Now Rex and I can make fashion statements at the next ARG meet. :D

Jeez, Chris, sounds like a bad virus you've got. I think you'd be doing a lot better if you could just stay horizontal for a while and drink more fluids - except beer. In theory, the virus last for about 5 days so you should start to feel better by today.

Back