What are you buying this Month?

Got some Walthers Proto 67' Trinity 6351 4-Bay covered hoppers in the mail this weekend. These will serve a grain elevator on the layout eventually. Covered hoppers are freight cars worth spending for the extra detail.

Got a fourth one (black 75th anniversary), but sadly it was damaged in transit. Walthers has a replacement one on the way though. First order direct from them and I'm impressed so far with their customer service.
IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

Got some Walthers Proto 67' Trinity 6351 4-Bay covered hoppers in the mail this weekend. These will serve a grain elevator on the layout eventually. Covered hoppers are freight cars worth spending for the extra detail.

Got a fourth one (black 75th anniversary), but sadly it was damaged in transit. Walthers has a replacement one on the way though. First order direct from them and I'm impressed so far with their customer service.
View attachment 180854
View attachment 180855
View attachment 180856
Those are huge things! Look very nice.

Went to an Olin Auction & Picked up a couple of things, one for way too much and the other "OK", but was seduced by the shear volume of stuff and wanted to come home with SOMETHING!

So ended up with a set of four MTH NYC Madison Passenger cars & a William RDC Budd Car

Not a layout highlight to be sure. Just a perfectly sized little building fill in a spot on a city scene I'm working on :D

Nothing this month if I can control my wallet. I bought an S-Bahn Triebwagenzug set and a switcher locomotive last month.

I have a couple of pre-orders in that are supposed to be available 2Q this year so I'm trying to save up for them. I've had one of these locomotives on pre-order since mid-'21 so I hope it's going to happen this year.

Not a layout highlight to be sure. Just a perfectly sized little building fill in a spot on a city scene I'm working on :D

Just ordered this instead. This building will be almost invisible so I decided to get an even less expensive one 😀https://factorydirecthobbies.com/products/small-town-usa-699-6010-sally-s-antiques-ho-scale

20240225_165708.jpg

Here are a few things that I picked up for my rolling stock collection at the last train show that I went to. I am adding to my boring brown rolling stock collection! Let me know what you guys think.

Back