What are you buying this Month?

Figured every layout needs a decent loco so snagged me one of these in a black friday moment of madness,Colas class 37 :)

1701384035687.png

assembled older vehicles and some Jordan vehicle kits.
I have a couple of old athearn Model A fords similar to your picture up there, they look tiny compared to other items on my layout. Do you think the scale on a lot of these vehicles is close to actual 1/87 in your opinion?

I have finally given in. A black 9F has come up for sale £45.00 including p&p.
Seen it running and a Rule 1 purchase made.
Should be arriving soon. I have a rake of Consett Iron Co wagons for it.

The 9F arrived yesterday; number 92221. I gave it a trip around the layout light engine. Later I shall hook up the Consett Iron Co. wagons.

I shall post pictures later. Meanwhile, the real things.

I'm adding some block detection and signal control to the classification yard.
I don't need the full size Digitrax boards so I'm using just the BD4N and the SE74. I have both of those on hand and sat down to install them yesterday. After dumping the BD4N out of the packaging, I realize it doesn't have a loconet connector. OK, back to the Digitrax forum to find out I need a little interface to go between the two items. Basically, it's a ribbon wire connection between the two. The BD4N is connected to the tracks for detection while the SE74 does all the talking on the loconet, I think. Should be interesting to see how these interface with my Train Controller Silver system.

Back